Our POTY 2019/20

United's POTY this season?

• Total voters

Dante

Average bang
European-style POTY? Rashford by a country mile.

US-style MVP? Bruno.

I'd love to give Greenwood and Martial some recognition too. Maybe they can share the award that Mourinho gave to McTominay a couple of seasons ago.

Alemar

Of course Bruno. Without him, we would have 10 less points fighting for nothing now. With him, we have become a good side fighting for CL and some trophies.

Red00012

Fernandes for what he’s done and results since he was signed . rashford a close 2nd with Martial 3rd

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It's Bruno for me, as in now (with Rashford, Martial, and Fred as contenders). But there are plenty of games left to decide. It's a squeaky boom time!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We've had a lot of contenders at different points of the season;

Firstly it was McTominay but then he got injured
Then it was Rashford but then he got injured
Then it was Fred by the fact he hadn't been injured
Then it was looking like Bruno maybe but then he's only been here for half a season
Now it's looking like Martial(?) but then Rashford is getting back to his best so current form + his pre back injury form should mean it's him?

Basically it's good we've had so many good performers this season at different times

Rolaholic

Martial or Rashford for me.

There was a point just before the lockdown where I thought Fred was worthy but he lost his starting place since the restart so I kind of prefer giving it to a consistent starter instead.

Bruno would likely be my choice if he had joined last summer but it feels weird giving it to him for half a season. His transformative impact on the side since signing is undeniable and he definitely still deserves a shout though

TrustInOle

Wouldn't complain with either Rashy, Martial or Bruno winning it. Shows how far we have come when there are actually decent options this year, with DDG not even in the picture.

Irrational.

Bruno without a doubt.

He has transformed our team, season and saved Ole's job. We were stuttering through the season, it didn't look like Ole would last beyond the season, Pochettino was primed... And then Bruno came in. I can't remember another player having this level of impact in his debut season since RvP. And Bruno's not even been here for a full season!

Unbelievable player, best signing in years.

AshRK

Rashford for me. Martial Bruno Shaw closely behind him. Fred was also good for those 3 months but post lockdown he has been unfortunate to his place.

After a long time it is finally amazing that de gea is not even in the contention. Nothing bad with having a keeper win it but if he is your one of the best players then surely something is wrong.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Rashford, Martial or Fred. Bruno is an overrated player in my honest opinion. I’d probably go Rashford.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Bruno. Rashford. Martial. In that order.
Rashford over Martial since he carried us for the time Martial was injured and was scoring goals.

Le Red

Rashford has been fantastic and one has to wonder how many goals + assists he'd have by now if not for the injury.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I don't know if there's a rule at Manchester United that says a player has to play a certain amount of minutes to be considered for POTY, but we haven't had a player make the kind of impact Bruno has made since we signed Cantona. I don't care of he's only played a handful of games. Bruno is our player of the year. He has completely transformed the entire team and deserves the recognition. AWB, Rashford and Martial are all well derserving of the award if Bruno wasn't here, but for me there is only one choice...

paulscholes18

AWB, had pretty much no help down the right side for 3/4 of the season and down not much got past him and he picked up 5 assists.

RUCK4444

AWB, had pretty much no help down the right side for 3/4 of the season and down not much got past him and he picked up 5 assists.
People have been so harsh on him, I think he’s been an excellent signing and although we’ve still looked shaky at the back recently overall he has made the team a lot more solid and shuts down that right side most week’s singlehandedly.

Dante

Average bang
I don't know if there's a rule at Manchester United that says a player has to play a certain amount of minutes to be considered for POTY, but we haven't had a player make the kind of impact Bruno has made since we signed Cantona. I don't care of he's only played a handful of games. Bruno is our player of the year. He has completely transformed the entire team and deserves the recognition. AWB, Rashford and Martial are all well derserving of the award if Bruno wasn't here, but for me there is only one choice...
Bruno would be my MVP. As in, he's been more valuable to the team's fortunes than any other player.

But I think POTY implies play over the course of the full year. By that criterion, it's Rashford.
European-style POTY? Rashford by a country mile.

US-style MVP? Bruno.

I'd love to give Greenwood and Martial some recognition too. Maybe they can share the award that Mourinho gave to McTominay a couple of seasons ago.

RUCK4444

Rashford, Martial or Fred. Bruno is an overrated player in my honest opinion. I’d probably go Rashford.
You have Fred ahead of Bruno?

In fairness Bruno was a different player before the lockdown. But Bruno has been majestic

Mr. Ant

Matic for me, we are completely doomed when he's not playing.

Also Fernandes deserves a shout for saving our season.

AbstruseAlan

Rashford for me. (It'd be nice to see Martial win top goal scorer or something)

Bruno hasn't been here long enough.

Lj82

Martial. He is integral to the team. Rashford's upturn in form earlier in the season coincided with Martial's return from injury. Over the course of the season, Martial edges it for me. He had many clutch moments too, scoring against City and Chelsea.

ReddBalls

Rashford. Important goals against Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool, Spurs and City, kept the team afloat in barren times and he has performed at a high level all through the season. A bit rusty after the break, but close to his pre-lockdown performances in the last two games.

Irwin99

Martial or Rashford but...

...I can see why people would say Bruno. Our season was going nowhere before we signed him and his goals and assists have been exceptional. Kind of the same reason I would have voted for Scholes over Valenica in 11/12 in that he turned our season around despite playing only half a season.

Bondi77

Rashford, McGuire and Martial.
AWB is worth a mention as is his first season with us and only second in top flight.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You have Fred ahead of Bruno?

In fairness Bruno was a different player before the lockdown. But Bruno has been majestic
Yes. Fred was outstanding every game all season. With Bruno, it is a combination of many things IMO, but he only needs to breathe and everyone starts eulogising to me. I don’t think, purely as a footballer, passing, shooting/scoring, dribbling etc - he has been our best player by a long stretch. It’s mostly all these ‘lifted the team’ intangibles. I’m aware he has impressive numbers, but I don’t think he’s necessarily been an objectively outstanding footballer. Very hit and miss, but coupled with the upturn in our results and the wave of positivity, I think he’s perhaps been a little overpraised, and I expect that to slowly dissipate over time.

Even since he has been here, he hasn’t shown nearly the consistent actual quality that Martial has shown, for me. He’s a weird one to judge because he seems to have ‘impacted’ the team, and as the consensus goes ‘making others play better’. But those ‘others’ are better players I think. I think he’s a level below the likes of Martial and Rashford as players frankly, and Greenwood in terms of talent too.

ReddBalls

Yes. Fred was outstanding every game all season. With Bruno, it is a combination of many things IMO, but he only needs to breathe and everyone starts eulogising to me. I don’t think, purely as a footballer, passing, shooting/scoring, dribbling etc - he has been our best player by a long stretch. It’s mostly all these ‘lifted the team’ intangibles. I’m aware he has impressive numbers, but I don’t think he’s necessarily been an objectively outstanding footballer. Very hit and miss, but coupled with the upturn in our results and the wave of positivity, I think he’s perhaps been a little overpraised, and I expect that to slowly dissipate over time.

Even since he has been here, he hasn’t shown nearly the consistent actual quality that Martial has shown, for me. He’s a weird one to judge because he seems to have ‘impacted’ the team, and as the consensus goes ‘making others play better’. But those ‘others’ are better players I think. I think he’s a level below the likes of Martial and Rashford as players frankly, and Greenwood in terms of talent too.
Brave, but I agree to an extent. The reason for the upturn was getting an (more than) adequate player in the number 10 position. Pereira and Mata was not even close to cut it. Bruno is great, but even more so are Rashford, Martial and Pogba.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Reckon it'll come down to Rashford or Martial. A big performance to win the fa cup or beat Leicester could seal it for either.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Easily Martial.

Bruno has had a big impact to say the least, Fred has had a standout period, Rashford very good too, but Martial has been the one who has been integral to us all season long.

He carried us when Rashford was out for a few months almost single-handedly. Pereira, Lingard, Mata & James was his support for a long time.

This season Lingard/Pereira/Mata have a combined 18 goals & assists from 5,862 mins or 325 mins per g/a. That's 3.6 games per goal or assist between them!

Clutch in all the big games (most notably scored v City home & away), has consistently performed all season.

Only time he hasn't been there for us, was when he was out injured.

In PL, 17goals/5 assists in 2,460 mins, with no penalties is a great return considering how he has missed a few months and has had weak support for a long time this season.

I cannot see how anyone else can deserve it any more than him.

Last edited:

Nori-

Has to be Dr Rashford.

Was in great form before his injury, pretty much carried it on since the restart. Equal goals with Martial and not a number 9.

So often when we're in a bad situation he will give us a spark needed to fight back. Also, raising £20m for disadvantaged kids in his spare time?!?

What a Hero