Our remaining fixtures...

Gerald G

I was just looking at our remaining fixtures and I didn't notice just how congested it is. So we play Southampton on Monday night, then Palace Thursday night, Chelsea on Sunday, West Ham on Wednesday then Leicester on 26 July.

We will have to surely rotate but I'm thinking when? I'm sure we will go pretty much full strength vs Saints but then the next three our most interesting - Palace, Chelsea and West Ham. We will surely have to rest players against Palace or Chelsea, or even Palace and West Ham.

I really want to win the FA Cup but part of me is thinking that we should maybe rotate a couple of players vs Chelsea due to the pile-up. Palace away will be tough and if we rest players there and fail to win, I wouldn't be too surprised if we don't go full strength vs Chelsea. What do you guys think?

Lynty

If we get to West Ham without an injury I'd be very surprised.

Gerald G

If we get to West Ham without an injury I'd be very surprised.
That, and fatigue, are reasons why I think we need to rest players before the game. I just don't know how it will be done effectively. But if City's ban is upheld the it would take pressure off us

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I was just looking at our remaining fixtures and I didn't notice just how congested it is. So we play Southampton on Monday night, then Palace Thursday night, Chelsea on Sunday, West Ham on Wednesday then Leicester on 26 July.

We will have to surely rotate but I'm thinking when? I'm sure we will go pretty much full strength vs Saints but then the next three our most interesting - Palace, Chelsea and West Ham. We will surely have to rest players against Palace or Chelsea, or even Palace and West Ham.

I really want to win the FA Cup but part of me is thinking that we should maybe rotate a couple of players vs Chelsea due to the pile-up. Palace away will be tough and if we rest players there and fail to win, I wouldn't be too surprised if we don't go full strength vs Chelsea. What do you guys think?
I actually think we might rest players for the Chelsea game. And by “rest” I mean fall back to the players who did well against them earlier this season. McTominay and Fred coming in for Pogba and Fernandes. Maybe Williams for Shaw. James helping us hit on the counter. A good game for Iglaho too.

I think Chelsea will be prioritising the league too.