Our September fixtures

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
These threads about 'our next 5 fixtures' 'next 8 fixtures' never go well :nervous:

We should be winning all our home games though, Arsenal defence is utterly abysmal.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
These threads about 'our next 5 fixtures' 'next 8 fixtures' never go well :nervous:

We should be winning all our home games though, Arsenal defence is utterly abysmal.
Same goes for our attack.

Stoppable force vs Movable object

Alabaster Codify7

Same goes for our attack.

Stoppable force vs Movable object

Yep, my thoughts on that fixture too. Their defence is filth, ours is okay/quite good. Our attack is filth, theirs is actually pretty good.

It has score draw (high, 2-2) written on it for me - lots of individual errors sprinkled through the game.

Spark

The last 16 games scenario is being twisted out of context.

6 of those losses came against Barca, City, Arsenal and Wolves (the latter two we were clearly the better team)

The losses v Everton and Cardiff are inexcusable under normal circumstances. But last season was anything but normal.

Since the start of the new season, we've been the better side in every game by a good margin, and dropped points through the niaveity of the youngest squad in the league.

Once it clicks, and it will, these predictions will look more ridiculous than they already are.

At the end of the day, we're the 5/6th best team in the league. There isn't a manager in the world that would change that with the backing we are currently getting. In the meantime, Ole is the man to repair the damage that has been done and leave the squad in a stable state for a better manager to come into.

We can't challenge, with our current backing, why are pkepl expecting title challenging form.
Predictions are based on form. There is nothing to suggest that we are capable of winning the majority of our games at the moment.

Your post is incredibly muddled. On one hand “The last 16 games scenario is being twisted out of context” and on the other “why are pkepl (sic) expecting title challenging form”. To answer the latter, they’re not. That’s why the predictions are terrible, based on our current form.

Ignoring the part where we were apparently the best side in all our four games (all results have been deserved), there’s some other stuff about “clicking”. I’ve been waiting for that since we lost to Barcelona in the champions league final. And we’ve been much closer in those in between years than we are currently.

Investment is obviously crucial, however we need to invest in a decent squad and decent manager. Love Ole, but I’m sceptical that he’ll ever turn it around.

Hawks2008

Anything less than 7 points from those 3 league games won't be good enough. Cup games should be fairly straightforward. hope Gomes gets a chance.

Moiraine

So the toughest fixture (considering our injuries) is gone.

If we can win West Ham away, we can end September with 100% results.

Leicester - W
Astana - W
West Ham - Difficult
Rochdale - W
Arsenal - W (We should really win it)

davidmichael

I honestly think that we’ll win every one of those games although I always dread West Ham away ever since Ludek Miklosko had the game of his life against us in the last game of the season in 95 that meant Blackburn won the league.

Don’t see either of the cup games causing problems and I’d expect the likes of Dalot, Tuanzebe, Garner, Gomes, Chong and Greenwood to all play both of the cup games and they’ll all be hungry to impress.

With Lacazette our for Arsenal I think we’ll win that by the odd goal whether it be 1-0 or 2-1 so I only see us potentially dropping points at West Ham, if both Pogba and Martial are back for the West Ham game then I’d expect us to nick 3 points from that too.