Our squad is NOT sh*t

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
This was vomit-inducingly repeated over and over again to excuse Mourinho's shortcomings. Our players have been constantly shat on in recent months by our own fans and I think its about time we acknowledge that this is a talented group of footballers.

Always had faith in em, me. :cool:

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
People believed this. Never take any of those people seriously ever again.

MJJ

This was vomit-inducingly repeated over and over again to excuse Mourinho's shortcomings. Our players have been constantly shat on in recent months by our own fans and I think its about time we acknowledge that this is a talented group of footballers.

Always had faith in em, me. :cool:
Yeah its pretty amazing how so many drank mourinho's cool aid, I mean half the forum here had man city/ liverpool supporter tags on them for having the audacity to say mourinho should be doing better compared to pep/klopp.

AndyJ1985

I always knew Mourinho was seriously damaging the potential of this team. However let's not get carried away, we still have a number of mediocre players and there are a few areas that badly need an injection of quality before we can compete for the title and CL. Defence being the biggest weakness at present.

haram

Well they finished 2nd last season. We still needed to add quality to that regardless.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
We have been a CB and RW away from challenging since last season, but the resident caftards believed that nothing could stop the coaching god Guardiola.

Our squad is top 4 quality, with a few signings making us title challengers. But there are many people that think we could challenge for the league now which is simply false!

Drainy

The defenders are a bit shit though, you have to admit? At least compared to the standard needed if you expect to be challenging for trophies

MrBest

I still cannot understand those who actually thought Jose could turn us around. I have always said our players are up there with the best. Shame it took 6 years to play like this. For the first time (since Cardiff) in a while i went into a thinking we will win and smash the opponent.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's almost like Jose was making excuses when acting like our squad were poor.
Bit like Moyes (apart from his "this lot are champions" comment when turning up)

ForestRGoinUp

Come on that back 4 is not on par with the top 3 clubs. Not even close I would say.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I always knew Mourinho was seriously damaging the potential of this team. However let's not get carried away, we still have a number of mediocre players and there are a few areas that badly need an injection of quality before we can compete for the title and CL. Defence being the biggest weakness at present.
We do have weaknesses but nothing like some made us belief. I think a defensive leader would transform us.

EwanI Ted

So true. Had people saying they were midtable at best, crazy. Not a perfect squad by any means but should be way closer to the top than we are.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
We do have weaknesses but nothing like some made us belief. I think a defensive leader would transform us.
That's just the typical overreaction to this season. Lukaku is still getting slaughtered.

You will find many 'anti-Jose' people were slaughtering our squad as a stick to beat the manager with. This idea that this was a way to excuse him is unfounded, it was often used in the opposite way to criticise his recruitment.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
The defenders are a bit shit though, you have to admit? At least compared to the standard needed if you expect to be challenging for trophies
Takes longer to organise the defensive unit. Give him some time.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's not but still..improving the positions we've screamed out for for a long time could see us competing for the big stuff again. The whole right side, CBs, DM and imagine a real worldy striker too (as much as I'm enjoying Rashford right now, him and a world class striker could be lethal options).

If Dalot and Sanchez get up to speed and fit in well we might not need that right side sorting so quickly though, and we'll be in a really nice position to improve the other areas.

Last edited:

Ish

Lights on for Luke
That's just the typical overreaction to this season. Lukaku is still getting slaughtered.

You will find many 'anti-Jose' people were slaughtering our squad as a stick to beat the manager with. This idea that this was a way to excuse him is unfounded, it was often used in the opposite way to criticise his recruitment.
It was definitely used both ways, tbf.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
It was definitely used both ways, tbf.
Yes. Some were saying we need to spend more money to do better which was ridiculous since we finished 2nd last season and spent the same as Man City in the summer. So you would think we would be good for 80 points again this season. Some were saying that players like Matic, Lukaku, Sanchez, Rashford were average and we are in the same position as with Moyes which was also ludicrous.

This is the best squad we have had post SAF, and I think there are similarities between now and 05/06. We are one or two additions away from being a top side.

Mindhunter

I woke up and immediately checked the score. It was 3-1 and I was excited. The first thought that came to mind was "these players are pretty good" - i.e., if you know how to get the best out of them.

Logged in to the CAF and noticed there is already a thread on it. We all think alike ;)

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yes. Some were saying we need to spend more money to do better which was ridiculous since we finished 2nd last season and spent the same as Man City in the summer. So you would think we would be good for 80 points again this season. Some were saying that players like Matic, Lukaku, Sanchez, Rashford were average and we are in the same position as with Moyes which was also ludicrous.

This is the best squad we have had post SAF, and I think there are similarities between now and 05/06. We are one or two additions away from being a top side.
Let’s hope so bud. Fecking hurts seeing the scousers do so well.

We just need our talented youngsters to hit the next level with a couple of additions and you might be spot on.

Sauldogba

Our squad isn't but our defence is imo.
Bailey is chaos,Jones is brainless,Rojo causes me to panic.
Lindelof cant mark and Mike is.....well Mike.

/
EDIT seconds after i wrote this Bailey does that :lol:

Last edited:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
My opinion hasn't changed. Our squad is ok but the first XI is no where near good enough. Mainly because of the defence.

ErranMorad

The midfield and the attack isn't bad. The defense needs to be rebuild even after so much money spent. Shaw, Rojo, Darmian, Lindelof & Bailly is a lot of money spent for very little quality. In an ideal world, we'll only keep Shaw as a back-up and buy two CB's, a starting RB and a starting LB.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Let’s hope so bud. Fecking hurts seeing the scousers do so well.

We just need our talented youngsters to hit the next level with a couple of additions and you might be spot on.
The way I see it, defenders should be at their top level with the tactics we used under the former manager. Similar to how forwards thrive under Guardiola because he plays so high up the pitch. If a defender can't succeed with those tactics then they aren't worth the hassle. So the implication is that you need to be a very good attacker to thrive under Mou, that's why he always goes after proven forwards and tends to give youngsters a chance in defence (for example Varane).

ChaddyP

To be fair we have been challenging and winning trophies with them

steffyr2

...but they played like it for many games, and then forced their manager out and now it's all better.

Can't help but remember Pogba losing the ball 4 feet in front of himself and watching the defender take off with it. Anyway, he probably won't try to get rid of Ole this year (plus an interim manager won't have any authority anyway).

Smores

I don't see how anyone has changed their mind really, the flaws in our squad are still very obvious. Our defence is shit and we're a 2nd/3rd placed team.

I've not seen many claim our squad was below a top 4 team so not sure where the 'shit' is coming from.