Other 'Our Thing Podcast' | Sammy 'The Bull' Gravano

Hoof the ball

Salvatore "Sammy the Bull" Gravano (born March 12, 1945) is an American gangster who became underboss of the Gambino crime family. Gravano played a major role in helping the prosecution sentence John Gotti, the crime family's boss, by agreeing to testify as a government witness against him and other mobsters in a deal in which he confessed to involvement in 19 murders.
Sammy is a brilliant raconteur. Great storyteller. The production on the video podcast is also very good. Released weekly, I've just finished the latest episode. The narration is like Ray Liotta in Goodfellas, only from the horses mouth. The podcast goes through his life, from childhood to testifying.

1. The Tipping Point

2. The First Hit

3. The Colombo Family

4. I Hope I Die

5. The Mentor

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I saw Michael Franzese saying that Sammy killed 19 people and he could not believe the prosecutors let him off, just to get John Gotti. Think about it for a second. He killed 19 people.

Hoof the ball

I saw Michael Franzese saying that Sammy killed 19 people and he could not believe the prosecutors let him off, just to get John Gotti. Think about it for a second. He killed 19 people.
They had Gotti, with or without Sammy. The apartment above the restaurant was bugged and recorded Gotti talking about the hit on Paul Castellano as well as numerous others. Sammy's testimony was icing on the cake. The main reason for Sammy getting the deal with the prosecutors was the number of soldiers and capos he could put away for the prosecution. The number of people killed between all those Sammy ratted on was far greater than the number he himself killed.

Yeah, you don't prosecute a wise guy who killed 19 people, but you do prosecute a number of people whose murders amount to far more. Makes sense.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
They had Gotti, with or without Sammy. The apartment above the restaurant was bugged and recorded Gotti talking about the hit on Paul Castellano as well as numerous others. Sammy's testimony was icing on the cake. The main reason for Sammy getting the deal with the prosecutors was the number of soldiers and capos he could put away for the prosecution. The number of people killed between all those Sammy ratted on was far greater than the number he himself killed.

Yeah, you don't prosecute a wise guy who killed 19 people, but you do prosecute a number of people whose murders amount to far more. Makes sense.
I dont know man. It just does not sit well with me that someone who has killed 19 people is partaking in life like a normal person, if not being glorified at the same time.