Ousmane Dembele - Barcelona Player

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Not sure PSG need another player with physical issues

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
Sadly he hasn't progressed since day 1, still the same erratic decision making, moments where he dribbles players for fun leaving you in awe followed by a totally brainless action, Dembele doesn't just have a brain fart, he brain shits himself.

Not sure how close he is with Mbappe and if this is some ploy from PSG to persuade him to stay but I'm surprised PSG and Lucho in particular would want Dembele.

Has to go down as the 2nd biggest flop behind Coutinho. I genuinely can't remember a big moment from Dembele, maybe the goal vs Tottenham? But that miss vs Liverpool sums up his time here.

Sir Erik ten Hag

Sadly he hasn't progressed since day 1, still the same erratic decision making, moments where he dribbles players for fun leaving you in awe followed by a totally brainless action, Dembele doesn't just have a brain fart, he brain shits himself.

Not sure how close he is with Mbappe and if this is some ploy from PSG to persuade him to stay but I'm surprised PSG and Lucho in particular would want Dembele.

Has to go down as the 2nd biggest flop behind Coutinho. I genuinely can't remember a big moment from Dembele, maybe the goal vs Tottenham? But that miss vs Liverpool sums up his time here.
Messi was THE best player of all time that year. And Dembele snatched his Champions League from him.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
I wouldn't mind to see him go for a decent fee. I like him a lot but he has been injured for more than half of the six years he has been here.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
I hope Laporta doesn't forget to thank Dembele's agent, Sissoko! Because he is such an amateur and couldn't pay the €50m release clause in time, that he himself wrote in the contract a year ago and that was to be devided equally between Barca and Dembele, Dembele just lost €25m and Barca getting a lot more money now, because the release clause is €100m now and no more 50/50 shares. The friendly relationship between both clubs will certainly help Paris in the coming negotiations :wenger:

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I hope Laporta doesn't forget to thank Dembele's agent, Sissoko! Because he is such an amateur and couldn't pay the €50m release clause in time, that he himself wrote in the contract a year ago and that was to be devided equally between Barca and Dembele, Dembele just lost €25m and Barca getting a lot more money now, because the release clause is €100m now and no more 50/50 shares. The friendly relationship between both clubs will certainly help Paris in the coming negotiations :wenger:
Knowing Dembele he will probably commit to Barcelona and give his best until his contract expires again.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I read that he still gets his cut of the new release clause, possibly an even bigger share. And I doubt his agent had €50m lying around to pay his release clause, surely that is on PSG. I doubt they want him that much if they've not stumped up the cash, but it might be the structure of the payments that's the issue with paying his release clause.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
According to reports, PSG isn't able to pay the clause in time, which means they need to negotiate with barca now and there is no more 50/50 fee sharing with Dembele. I'm hoping for at least a €50m fee.
It always confuses me why clubs do this stuff at the last possible moment. That clause has been there for a year. Did PSG just figure out two days ago that they want to spend €50m on Dembele?

antk

The idea of Dembélé somehow being responsible for his team conceding 4 goals to Liverpool a whole other game after his miss is still baffling so many years later.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
I read that he still gets his cut of the new release clause, possibly an even bigger share. And I doubt his agent had €50m lying around to pay his release clause, surely that is on PSG. I doubt they want him that much if they've not stumped up the cash, but it might be the structure of the payments that's the issue with paying his release clause.
Of course he doesn't have €50m lying around and that just proves what an amateur Sissoko is because he didn't take enough time for this. He knew the deadline better than anyone, because he himself put it there. The first time I read Sissoko sent a letter to LaLiga informing them was like 2 days ago. 2 days are not enough for all the needed paperwork to pay a release clause in Spain. So Ous can thank his agent for losing €25m.
Even if that's true and they still getting a cut of the new clause, I very much doubt PSG will pay €100m for Dembele. So there have to be normal negotiations and knowing the relationship of both teams and Laporta with Sissoko, I very much doubt Dembele will get any cut from Barca in those negotiations. Paris can pay him what they want of course, but that's no concern of Laporta.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
So now Romano talks about a new private clause which is also €50m that PSG activated. But nothing about who gets what. Some journalist say Barca get all the €50m. It's all very confusing again, but to be expected with this player's agent. I now wait for the official numbers to evaluate this transfer. But money aside, at least another trouble package (player + agent) leaves the club.

Oranges038

I wouldn't mind to see him go for a decent fee. I like him a lot but he has been injured for more than half of the six years he has been here.
He's a talented player, but in reality. He's just another "when he's fit" or "on his day" player. In 10-15 years he's going to be remembered as another wasted talent.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It always confuses me why clubs do this stuff at the last possible moment. That clause has been there for a year. Did PSG just figure out two days ago that they want to spend €50m on Dembele?
Yeah, i can only assume it's PSG scrambling around looking to replace Mbappe after he told them he won't renew.

Lee565

have barca attempted to do a player plus cash swap with psg for mbappe seeing as psg want dembele?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
So now Romano talks about a new private clause which is also €50m that PSG activated. But nothing about who gets what. Some journalist say Barca get all the €50m. It's all very confusing again, but to be expected with this player's agent. I now wait for the official numbers to evaluate this transfer. But money aside, at least another trouble package (player + agent) leaves the club.
Very confusing indeed. Apparently if Barca didn't agree to the "private clause" Dembele could terminate his contract and leave for free :lol:

What shady stuff is your club agreeing to here.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Very confusing indeed. Apparently if Barca didn't agree to the "private clause" Dembele could terminate his contract and leave for free :lol:

What shady stuff is your club agreeing to here.
Yeah, it looks bad again. No one thought there could be another "private" clause next to the official one. So Sissoko wasn't a fool after all, if this private clause existed. But no journalist talked about it until today, so no one had any idea. Looks like he forced the clause or Dembele would have left for free last season. So in the end, the club got one more year and let's see how much of those €50m. Every journalist writes something different. I've seen every number from €25m-50m.
Can't wait for the season to start, so we can focus on the team and on football again.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah, it looks bad again. No one thought there could be another "private" clause next to the official one. So Sissoko wasn't a fool after all, if this private clause existed. But no journalist talked about it until today, so no one had any idea. Looks like he forced the clause or Dembele would have left for free last season. So in the end, the club got one more year and let's see how much of those €50m. Every journalist writes something different. I've seen every number from €25m-50m.
Can't wait for the season to start, so we can focus on the team and on football again.
Same same. Just want the football to roll on now.

Ace_Ventura

He has 50M release clause of which 25M will go to him which was valid till 31st july but PSG couldn't activate it till then but sent a formal letter to Barca that they'll activate his release clause. If Barca don't accept that there's another clause in his contract which allows him to terminate his contract.

Why is everything so complex and hilariously dumb with Barcelona :lol: :lol: