Ousmane Dembele - Barcelona Player

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Still find it crazy a substantial amount of people on this forum turned their nose at trying got him when his deal was running out. Even crazier when you think our options are Rashford or Elanga.
It doesn't matter in the end as he has no plan leaving Barcelona, and very unlikey he will even entertain the idea of ditching the weather and culture of Barcelona for Manchester.

Tallis

He is fun to watch when playing well. His two goals against Juve were sublime.

TsuWave

It doesn't matter in the end as he has no plan leaving Barcelona, and very unlikey he will even entertain the idea of ditching the weather and culture of Barcelona for Manchester.
“you miss all the shots you don’t take - Wayne Gretzky” - Michael Scott

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
To be fair, he is constantly injured, was looking for huge wages and is a racist bellend. not a surprise a lot of people were not too keen.

People wouldn't have wanted Terry or Suarez to sign for them either.
Um, what?!?

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
They guy who has 31 goals to his name in five seasons has a greater potential than Mbape and is almost like the reincarnation of Pele? Wtf, you are probably trolling otherwise this has to be the most bizarre thing I have ever read on football forums.
I've already commented on the Pele thing but there was a time when I also thought that Dembele had greater potential than Mbappe to be fair. It only seems crazy now because Dembele has had a bunch of injury problems and hardly played whilst Mbappe has forged ahead.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I've already commented on the Pele thing but there was a time when I also thought that Dembele had greater potential than Mbappe to be fair. It only seems crazy now because Dembele has had a bunch of injury problems and hardly played whilst Mbappe has forged ahead.
I used to think the same, to me Dembele was the most talented player I'd seen in a long time, just natural gift, ambipedal, dribbling, crossing from both wings, speed, but now I'm completely off that track, Mbappe's by far the biggest talent in French football. Whether it's physical, technical, or mental attributes, he's far ahead IMO. That being said, Dembele has world-class talent but he needs to have a full season of what he's doing now for people to start to view him that way. I think everybody is still waiting for his next injury right around the corner, but at least he seems to have his head screwed on straight now (probably the most difficult thing for some to get past) and Xavi has been a huge positive for him, so the rest is just about staying fit and he'll be a great player. A move to Manchester United would probably have derailed him and they wouldn't get the player they're hoping, he's probably still very susceptible of falling back into bad habits if he's not happy.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
There were some videos of him and Griezmann both being racist out in Japan, I seem to remember.
Griezmann has a couple of very questionable antics in regards to race.

TsuWave

2 assists. The one for Lewandowski's second goal, you can tell defenders hate facing him. Special player

marktan

Ah wish he was at United. One of the most unique wide players I've seen

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
The Mbappé/Benzema/Dembele trio should be interesting at the WC (french fans will obviously bring up the 2002 WC).

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
The Mbappé/Benzema/Dembele trio should be interesting at the WC (french fans will obviously bring up the 2002 WC).
I'd love to see that, but Deschamps has very little time to find a system that works without Griezmann and Pogba.
Maybe a 433 :
Lloris
Kounde-Saliba-Varane-Lucas Hernandez
Kante-Camavinga-Tchouameni
Dembele-Benzema-Mbappe

colombianmancunian

Just 31 goals in 5 seasons, injury prone, lack of end product, only appear agains lesser opposition, mentality problems. Definitively a player I don’t rate at all… while on this forum people praise him as if he was better than M’Bappe and the reincarnation of Pele fused with Best. Most overrated player ever.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I really wanted him but now that we have Anthony that gap is filled.

BerryBerryShrew

I'd love to see that, but Deschamps has very little time to find a system that works without Griezmann and Pogba.
Maybe a 433 :
Lloris
Dembele-Benzema-Mbappe
That midfield and attack is absolutely incredible! Mike Maignan deserves to start in goals but I doubt Deschamps would ever drop Lloris.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Injury issues aside, it shows what confidence, and backing from a coach, can do for a player.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Maybe a 433 :
Lloris
Dembele-Benzema-Mbappe
Based on form and balance, I could see this:

----------------------------Lloris
Gusto--------Saliba---------Varane----Lucas
-------Tolisso--Tchouaméni--Camavinga
Dembélé---------Benzema------Mbappé

I would like to see Lepenant, Ferland Mendy and Maignan but it's unlikely, there is no strong reason to displace Lucas or Lloris and Lepenant is likely too green and will be behind at least 7 to 8 players.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's mad that you are not considering Theo

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Talent wise he's among the very best. Good to see him start to fulfill it. If he could stay fit and had a natural gift / flair for finishing and producing final product (which he has done under Xavi) he would be among the best footballers in the world.

redcucumber

Weren't Liverpool close to getting him?! Thank feck that fell through. (still don't entirely forgive him for missing that sitter back in 2019)

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
He was excellent last night. He’s has all the physical attributes of a classical winger, but he’s also a very underrated playmaker from deeper positions too.

It looks like he’s matured somewhat, put his injury troubles behind him and is buckling down.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
His two-footedness is just ridiculous. I love the interview where he was asked which was his strong foot and he couldn't answer the question properly.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
His two-footedness is just ridiculous. I love the interview where he was asked which was his strong foot and he couldn't answer the question properly.
In a more recent interview he gave a better answer. He prefers to manipulate the ball with his left foot and shoot with his right foot which is visible but it's clear that he is better than most players with either feet.

Bobski

He is the evolution of the wide forward from the stale cut in and shoot spammers to someone who also threatens the outside space.

Best wide player in the world, and a potential balon'dor over the next 5 years if, and it is a big if, he can avoid injuries.

Reyoji-Utd

Its the kind of players we should take the chance on when his stock is down. Hes still young enough and the attitude problem is somewhat ambiguous with different stories provided.

Its the right time to take a chance because lets face it his talents is unquetionable, feea was low or free, young enough and if hes somewhat go back to his level then wont ever see him in Utd.

Oh well, what couldve been...

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was my ideal right wing option earlier in the summer. It's a shame Xavi had the sense to see him as a key forward even when their cnuty fans were booing him.

FriedClams

Let’s see how he does in bigger games before hailing him as world class again.

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
It's mad that you are not considering Theo
He'll definitely start on the left, regardless of the formation deployed. Him, his brother and Varane are sure starters in defense for Deschamps, the only question is who starts on the right and also what formation the coach wants to use (2 or 3 CBs), the team has been playing more with 3 at the back this year.
If it's a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, i think there's a strong chance Dembele starts. But in a formation with 3 at the back and 2 midfielders, i doubt Dembele starts.

Let’s see how he does in bigger games before hailing him as world class again.
What do you consider a big game ? You mean Barca hasn't hasn't played any since the beginning of the year where Dembele's been on fire?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I don’t know the answer myself but is he the most two footed player of all time?