Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It's Footmercato, so it's likely not true. Now L'Equipe said that Dembélé will earn less than his previous contract but that it's still around 10m, so a marginal difference.
Why does he want a lower salary? Wasn’t he getting contract offers from other clubs?

BerryBerryShrew

Happy with this. Partly because it puts more pressure on FdJ either cutting his pay or leaving but mainly because Dembelé is staying at Barca. I get the impression that he could have torn it up for Chelsea and we were clearly not interested in bringing him in here.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What an earth is going on at Barcelona?

Edit: @JPRouve to the rescue.
LEquipe are the only non-catalan reliable source that I has talked figures. They said a few days ago that according to their sources unlike what the catalan press suggested Dembélé isn't taking a 40% pay cut and he will get performance bonuses, he will earn less than his previous wage but around 10m. It is seen as a win win deal because he was Xavi's priority, Dembélé wanted to stay and the club still reduces its wage bill even if it's marginal.

JPRouve

Scout
Don't him and Raphinha play the same position?
They both play either wings. In reality Barcelona need both as starters. Currently their starting options are Braithwaite, Fati, Torres and Memphis. They want to sell at least Memphis and Braithwaite.
It would be perfect for them to have Dembélé, Raphinha, Fati, Torres, Aubameyang and maybe someone else.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
LEquipe are the only non-catalan reliable source that I has talked figures. They said a few days ago that according to their sources unlike what the catalan press suggested Dembélé isn't taking a 40% pay cut and he will get performance bonuses, he will earn less than his previous wage but around 10m. It is seen as a win win deal because he was Xavi's priority, Dembélé wanted to stay and the club still reduces its wage bill even if it's marginal.
Dembélé will be in those €10M gross plus bonus.

I think that's the third wage step. In the first will be Lewandowski if he signs, 18-19 gross plus bonus.
On the second step I don't know who will be.

And the third one is - €8-10M gross + bonus, and there it is right now: Fati, Pedri, Araujo, Gavi, Ferran, Depay, Raphinha, Dembele, Kessie, Christensen.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Happy with this. Partly because it puts more pressure on FdJ either cutting his pay or leaving but mainly because Dembelé is staying at Barca. I get the impression that he could have torn it up for Chelsea and we were clearly not interested in bringing him in here.
Or staying without cutting his own pay? FDJ is in a great position here, it's Barca and United who are not.

BerryBerryShrew

Or staying without cutting his own pay? FDJ is in a great position here, it's Barca and United who are not.
Ya, possible in theory but unlikely. Barca need him to be gone. If needs be, they'll give him some payoff of the deferred portion of wages to get him off the books. They might threaten to Winston Bogarde him if he tries to stay and I reckon FdJ actually has enough ambition to not just sit on his arse collecting a massive paycheck.

Keefy18

Honestly got no clue. Just remembered reading your comments on it and figured you might be more up to date or be updated with this.
No cause I'm busy, cheers though :)

I'll look into it later and see how reliable it is.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Ya, possible in theory but unlikely. Barca need him to be gone. If needs be, they'll give him some payoff of the deferred portion of wages to get him off the books. They might threaten to Winston Bogarde him if he tries to stay and I reckon FdJ actually has enough ambition to not just sit on his arse collecting a massive paycheck.
Well it seems Barca are in the worst position here if they need him gone, he will get every penny he's owed, so very likely (if his agent/lawyer wrote the contract properly) - yeah I doubt they'd be that stupid to threaten that, it's why you don't see players sent to the reserves etc, you can't punish an employee for fulfilling their contract, IF they do, then FDJ will get a lot more than his wages.

No doubt FDJ has ambition, but he'll get game time at Barca, you don't put an €85m asset on the bench while paying him €400k a week - it would be mind numbingly stupid, though thinking about it, from their conduct the last few years, they may actually be that stupid.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
Smart decision by Dembele, Xavi played him regularly and if he wants a chance to rejoin France's squad he needs to have a good start this season

Chief123

He's so good. Wish we had signed him.
Yep he is. I’ve watched him a lot more recently and he’s certainly back to his best.

I think he will have an outstanding season this year and be a big player for Barca. He’s finally looking like he’ll justify some of that price tag. The multiple injuries really messed his time up at Barca so far. The main thing for him is going to be staying injury free. I remember when he came on the scene around the same time as Mbappe, these 2 were the new wonder kids. But Dembele was the one with more potential than Mbappe. They’ll have a lethal combo for France in the coming years. Mbappe, Dembele, Nkunku, Camavinga, Tchoumeni…they just keep producing these stars.

Can you imagine the pain Barca would have felt if Dembele left on a free transfer this summer after doing absolutely nothing to pay back the 140m odd they paid for him and then for him to smash it at his next club.

JPRouve

Scout
Yep he is. I’ve watched him a lot more recently and he’s certainly back to his best.

I think he will have an outstanding season this year and be a big player for Barca. He’s finally looking like he’ll justify some of that price tag. The multiple injuries really messed his time up at Barca so far. The main thing for him is going to be staying injury free. I remember when he came on the scene around the same time as Mbappe, these 2 were the new wonder kids. But Dembele was the one with more potential than Mbappe. They’ll have a lethal combo for France in the coming years. Mbappe, Dembele, Nkunku, Camavinga, Tchoumeni…they just keep producing these stars.

Can you imagine the pain Barca would have felt if Dembele left on a free transfer this summer after doing absolutely nothing to pay back the 140m odd they paid for him and then for him to smash it at his next club.
He never had more potential than Mbappé. Mbappé was far superior as a youth player and Mbappé was a wide playmaker who somehow immediately turned into a goalscorer at professional level and one of the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.