Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
If our French lads said he would be into coming here and working hard then a loan could be just the ticket. Super player who hasn’t quite been able to put it all together consistently enough yet. He’s a great shout as wildcard. Why not get him AND Sancho over the next 2 summers. we definitely need more competition and backup in the squad. He can play left and right too

MetoTTT

It's a risky one given his injury record and attitude. Hoping he'll grow up, if Sancho deal collapses, why not a loan with an (reasonable) option to buy.

croadyman

If our French lads said he would be into coming here and working hard then a loan could be just the ticket. Super player who hasn’t quite been able to put it all together consistently enough yet. He’s a great shout as wildcard. Why not get him AND Sancho over the next 2 summers. we definitely need more competition and backup in the squad. He can play left and right too
Yeah Utd need to be having a chat with Pogba & Martial about his attitude and like you say whether or not he is prepared to put in the hard yards at this club just in case the Sancho deal goes tits up.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Yeah Utd need to be having a chat with Pogba & Martial about his attitude and like you say whether or not he is prepared to put in the hard yards at this club just in case the Sancho deal goes tits up.
We need players who can come in and make a serious difference, carry some of the creative burden. On paper he’s certainly that kind of player. He’s obviously still got a lot of improvement in him too if he knuckles down. I do take on board that he may not be mature enough or able to stay fit for long and if he’s not willing to work bloody hard or he keeps breaking down then keep him away from what we are building. There’s always space for more good players here if they are willing to work hard.

Eddy_JukeZ

Not a fan.

And I never thought he was that talented to begin with.

Wouldn't even take him on loan.

Chief123

Am I the only one that gets a sick feeling in their stomach when you see the likes of Dembele and Douglas Costa being touted as our alternatives to Sancho. It just goes to show how unique Sancho is.

It's like your dad promising to get you your dream Bike as a kid and then being presented with a shopping trolley.

mu4c_20le

Tactic or not, i'm happy to be linked. Ridiculous talent and genuinely two footed, just like Mason.

Beaucoup

There’s about a million McDonalds in and around Manchester, he’ll fecking love it here.

hubbuh

I imagine there'll be a loan fee on top of his wages, plus a significant fee at the end of it (hopefully not an obligation to buy). It would still end up being a high value, high profile signing. Aren't we better off spending a bit more for the younger, more productive, English option?

Scholsey2004

Sancho (if he's still available) may be more expensive but you know what you're getting. Dembele on the other hand; how bad is his attitude really?; how bad is he in terms of injuries? There's far more scope for error in this transfer. This one would need a huge amount of homework.

patty123

Sancho (if he's still available) may be more expensive but you know what you're getting. Dembele on the other hand; how bad is his attitude really?;
German newspaper Bild report that Sancho was dropped for disciplinary reasons for turning up late to a team meeting in the hours before the game in Barcelona.

It is just the latest example of the teenager suffering the consequences for poor time-keeping in his young career.

Two seasons ago, then-Dortmund manager Peter Stoger demoted him to the Under 23 team after reporting late for training on several occasions.

And in March 2018, he was cut from the England Under 19 side by coach Paul Simpson for a European Championship qualifier against Latvia after arriving late for a training session.

Trophy Room

His injuries are mostly muscular and are suggestive of poor attitude to fitness and training. Ridiculous talent but can't shake the feeling that it'll all go to waste. Barcelona will never agree to a loan with no obligation to buy so this is unlikely to happen.

Womp

idiot
His injuries are mostly muscular and are suggestive of poor attitude to fitness and training. Ridiculous talent but can't shake the feeling that it'll all go to waste. Barcelona will never agree to a loan with no obligation to buy so this is unlikely to happen.
The article posted above is quite interesting though. It's noticeable that given Barca's play style, they may not actually sprint much in training. Would be the complete opposite here where fitness seems to be one of our biggest things. If they were happy to loan without an obligation, I'd be so on board with this, could be an absolute trick. They did it with Coutinho, didn't they? So I wouldn't be surprised if they were open to it.

K_Ash

though I still fully expect Jadon's arrival..Ousmane is the only consolation prize we should accept

Okey

If he gets over the injury issues and can show the talent we know is in there, would definitely be the best plan B if we're not getting Sancho. Can play both wings, as two-footed as Mason, freakishly ridiculously quick, might just be worth a punt.

Chief123

I remember when France played England in a friendly a couple of years back.

Dembele and Mbappe were the new young kids on the block in the french team. Dembele was unbelievable at times during that game. Was the best player on the pitch. I remember him absolutely smoking Kyle Walker for pace in one move.

However, that was a while ago before he got injury after injury. He's not played a competitive game since November. That would be a huge gamble unless it was a loan deal, which is highly unlikely Barca would agree to.

SAFMUTD

I would only take him on loan with an option to buy, but no obligation. I don't think if he'll ever be motivated, it seemed Barca was his dream and if playing in you childhood team with the arguably best player in the history of the sport doesnt motivate you to stop fooling around and play I doubt comming here will.

He seems like a Ballotelli case, wasted talent and in a few years he'll be going from team to team. Still there's a little chance he may turn his career back on, thats why I would take the gamble on bringing him on loan.

3KDré

Dembele and Mbappe were the new young kids on the block in the french team. Dembele was unbelievable at times during that game. Was the best player on the pitch. I remember him absolutely smoking Kyle Walker for pace in one move.

However, that was a while ago before he got injury after injury. He's not played a competitive game since November. That would be a huge gamble unless it was a loan deal, which is highly unlikely Barca would agree to.
Surprising, I thought Pogba was the best on the pitch that day. Dominated the midfield despite France going a man down.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's an incredibly productive player when he's on the field and healthy. He'd be a bigger gamble than your average big transfer, but it has the potential to massively pay off because he's a top 5 talent in world football for his age. Also with him and Greenwood you now have two players who are completely two-footed. I do prefer Sancho if he's available because I think he can do the simple things better, but Ousmane can do things Sancho is not capable of as well.

Clermontois

Supports
France

I remember that game vividly, but differently and Paul was the best player on the field that day doing as he pleased with that England side even when France were down to ten men.

He was never unplayable.

Unplayable is reserved for players like Messi, CR7, etc.

Dembele was never as good as Sancho is now either.
Actually he had periods where he was and other players can have periods like that as well. Bale, Henry, Tevez and even Traore(think Guardiola himself said so) had periods where they were unplayable.

Nope, Dembélé at full tilt with a full season of fitness in him like at Rennes or Dortmund is noticeably a better player.

Having said that though Ousmane Dembélé would be best served going back to France for a reset.

Last edited:

Womp

idiot
I read a report that he never had a single injury before moving to Barcelona? If that's true, it's telling. If he can stay fit, he could be just as good as Sancho, whilst cheaper. His talent is in the top tier of young talents

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He cost Barca 145m few years ago, how much would Barca ask if we wants him? Let's say I don't mind us spending 60-70m on him, but that would still be significance loss for Barca. And I don't think we would pay for anything higher.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Close. Showed the same talent and if you consider the two footedness, then you can believe he's more talented. In production it was close, but Sancho was superior.

Bundesliga stats:
Sancho age 18: 13 goals and 19 assists in 3000 minutes
Sancho age 19: 20 goals and 20 assists in 3300 minutes

Dembele age 19: 10 goals and 22 assists in 3500 minutes

Dribbling per 90 (successful/attempted/%successful)
Sancho age 18: 4.1/6.8 / 60.3%
Sancho age 19: 3.0 /5.4 / 55.6%

Dembele age 19: 4.5/8.1 / 55.6%
Yeh I remember Demeble is very good at dribbling/running at defenders, even better than Sancho. He also has very high assist stats, that's why Barca pay 145m for him. Demeble at 19 is not far behind Mbappe level at that time, in fact very close.

Scholsey2004

Close. Showed the same talent and if you consider the two footedness, then you can believe he's more talented. In production it was close, but Sancho was superior.

Bundesliga stats:
Sancho age 18: 13 goals and 19 assists in 3000 minutes
Sancho age 19: 20 goals and 20 assists in 3300 minutes

Dembele age 19: 10 goals and 22 assists in 3500 minutes

Dribbling per 90 (successful/attempted/%successful)
Sancho age 18: 4.1/6.8 / 60.3%
Sancho age 19: 3.0 /5.4 / 55.6%

Dembele age 19: 4.5/8.1 / 55.6%
Sancho's makes a lot more passes per game than Dembele or other typical wide forwards like Rashford for instance. Puts up numbers more like a midfielder. Counts for a lot having a player who can control possession high up the pitch.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I’m pleased to see the club looking into alternatives. Sancho is great but if his price prohibits investment in the rest of the squad, it’s best to move on and show that we won’t just pay anything.

A loan here, even with an obligation to buy would give us a talent with massive potential and money in our pockets for this window.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Sancho's makes a lot more passes per game than Dembele or other typical wide forwards like Rashford for instance. Puts up numbers more like a midfielder. Counts for a lot having a player who can control possession high up the pitch.
Absolutely. Sancho is a more intelligent and complete footballer. But as others have said , while there's no chance I'm picking Dembele ahead of Sancho, if the latter cannot be signed , the former on a loan/reasonable deal could be good depending on his fitness/attitude.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Why are people so positive that whatever we spend on Sancho will be the entirety of our budget?

Also, Sancho is a better player, younger and the added bonus of having lived in Manchester previously.
So far it does seem like we’re cash strapped.

Everyone knows sancho is a better player but Dembele could be a good backup plan if we can’t get sancho.

Scholsey2004

Absolutely. Sancho is a more intelligent and complete footballer. But as others have said , while there's no chance I'm picking Dembele ahead of Sancho, if the latter cannot be signed , the former on a loan/reasonable deal could be good depending on his fitness/attitude.
Yeah, of course. The supposed attitude issue might simply be a bad fit at Barca. Obviously if Ole speaks to Martial and Pogba he'd know whether that would be the case. The injuries are probably more of a concern.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
His contract expires in 2022 i think... technically we could sign him for free on a pre contract in a little over 3 months so I cant see us (or anybody else) taking a €70m punt on him

Just more evidence of the financial trouble barca are in and they are simply going to have to unload him / couthino for whatever they can get

Womp

idiot
Since Sancho is off, get him in. I really think we can get him back on track, unbelievably talented :drool:

-Supreme-

His contract expires in 2022 i think... technically we could sign him for free on a pre contract in a little over 3 months so I cant see us (or anybody else) taking a €70m punt on him

Just more evidence of the financial trouble barca are in and they are simply going to have to unload him / couthino for whatever they can get
We are only in 2020 ;)

But no wonder Barcelona want a loan with obligatory to buy.

pascell

He cost Barca 145m few years ago, how much would Barca ask if we wants him? Let's say I don't mind us spending 60-70m on him, but that would still be significance loss for Barca. And I don't think we would pay for anything higher.
Even at 60-70m, I'd rather we paid 40 +20/30 in add ons, just incase these injuries have really taken an effect on his body and more long term injuries happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.