Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaushal

Would our fans ever learn ? I was one of his biggest fans. Very select few possess the talent he has but if there is one thing these past few years have taught us is that talent means jack shit if you don’t have the desire, the hardwork, the attitude and the mental fortitude to go with it. Haven’t we learned our lesson with the Martial’s and Pogba’s and now Rashford’s of this world where they have bundles of talent especially in the case of the first two but don’t have the attitude the desire and commitment to utilise their said talents to maximum use.

You can blame the club for not creating that kind of culture all you want but it’s up to the individual also to put his professionalism first and foremost. Personally i am done with these sorts of players. Their insane talents doesn’t mean one jot to me anymore. I hope the club sign talented but humble, hardworking, hungry players who are interested in just football and winning above anything else.

croadyman

Would our fans ever learn ? I was one of his biggest fans. Very select few possess the talent he has but if there is one thing these past few years have taught us is that talent means jack shit if you don’t have the desire, the hardwork, the attitude and the mental fortitude to go with it. Haven’t we learned our lesson with the Martial’s and Pogba’s and now Rashford’s of this world where they have bundles of talent especially in the case of the first two but don’t have the attitude the desire and commitment to utilise their said talents to maximum use.

You can blame the club for not creating that kind of culture all you want but it’s up to the individual also to put his professionalism first and foremost. Personally i am done with these sorts of players. Their insane talents doesn’t mean one jot to me anymore. I hope the club sign talented but humble, hardworking, hungry players who are interested in just football and winning above anything else.
Yeah does feel he lacks the application

(...)

Supports
Arsenal

Dembele showed real progress in the last 12 months, he seems to finally grow. He just got married, I'd bet it will help him a lot. His workrate on the pitch is a lot better, he has to fight his way back to the national team.
It's risky but worth it imho.

marktan

If Mbappe stays at PSG then there's a huge chance we could get him. Very few other teams could offer what we could / have a need for him.

Yes he is a risk but the lazy Frenchman trope is unjustified. Base talent wise he's one of the best RWs in the world. On a free it would solve a lot of our issues, and given that we're getting rid of a lot players this summer we should have the wage space to do it.

OD on a free, and then spend the rest of the budget on a DM for 40m, either a ball playing technical CM for 40m and/or a ball playing CF for 50m and you fill a lot of the holes in the squad.

croadyman

If Mbappe stays at PSG then there's a huge chance we could get him. Very few other teams could offer what we could / have a need for him.

Yes he is a risk but the lazy Frenchman trope is unjustified. Base talent wise he's one of the best RWs in the world. On a free it would solve a lot of our issues, and given that we're getting rid of a lot players this summer we should have the wage space to do it.

OD on a free, and then spend the rest of the budget on a DM for 40m, either a ball playing technical CM for 40m and/or a ball playing CF for 50m and you fill a lot of the holes in the squad.
Would do well to get a DM for £40m, maybe should look at Kamara on a free

croadyman

Might be worth a punt, he's been in outstanding form this season back from injury
Yeah he's another I can't make my mind up about, is it another Martial like situation or could he rip it up like a Jota/Diaz at the scousers.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Even this stunted stop start Dembele is a better footballer than Martial or Rashford. The problem is his wages and injuries. I’d rather sign someone cheaper, not quite as good but who is super fit and who really wants it. Once that crazy contact is signed Dembele can put his feet up for another 3 years and then start playing again in the renewal year (if he likes) Could easily just be adding more toxicity to an already toxic situation

I really rated him before and when he was leaving Dortmund. Best young player in the world at that time.

SAFMUTD

Considering we ourselves struggle to motivate or have motivated players, I don't understand how/why anyone wants unprofessional players such as Dembélé. Sure he has all the talent in the world, but if he hasn't fancied playing for Barca in the last year's what makes anyone thinks he'll get here putting an extra effort?

We should avoid this kind of players, these gambles work when are loan deals or you have a high performance team with a culture that permeates the squad, we are in no position whatsoever to take the risk.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He makes sense as mbappe replacement on a free transfer to PSG.

PSG to sign Pogba and Dembele on free transfers.

Telsim

No, God, please no. Why are people okay with this? Does this club never learn or what? You can have all the talent in the world, but if you can't stay fit, and he can't, or give a shit it's worth feck all. 15 million to spend half the season on the table?

And that's not even mentioning his beyond questionable attitude and professionalism.

Another Pogba through and through.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Even this stunted stop start Dembele is a better footballer than Martial or Rashford. The problem is his wages and injuries. I’d rather sign someone cheaper, not quite as good but who is super fit and who really wants it. Once that crazy contact is signed Dembele can put his feet up for another 3 years and then start playing again in the renewal year (if he likes) Could easily just be adding more toxicity to an already toxic situation

I really rated him before and when he was leaving Dortmund. Best young player in the world at that time.
We’ve already gone down the someone cheaper but who is always fit route with Dan James. We need real quality but I do agree we can’t be splashing out on attackers right now when we need a new defence and a new midfield.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Dembele showed real progress in the last 12 months, he seems to finally grow. He just got married, I'd bet it will help him a lot. His workrate on the pitch is a lot better, he has to fight his way back to the national team.
It's risky but worth it imho.
He just puts in a bit more of effort to get a good new contract. He couldn't even bother to be professional for his childhood dream club.

Andersons Dietician

I’ve always been a fan and on his day he is one of the best in the world but I feel like I’m still living off the memories of what he did at Dortmund and he hasn’t really been that player for a while. Combined with the injury record and all that I’d have to pass.

Previous regime probably would have been like oooh free transfer offered him 500k and 30 mil sign on bonus then watch him watch games from the treatment room.

flappyjay

I’ve always been a fan and on his day he is one of the best in the world but I feel like I’m still living off the memories of what he did at Dortmund and he hasn’t really been that player for a while. Combined with the injury record and all that I’d have to pass.
He has played well since January but my suspicions are that he is just doing it to entice clubs. He will go back to being unprofessional once he gets that nice big contract. Then there is the injury record of course.

Rolaholic

Pretty crazy how he's tied for top on the La Liga assist table when he's played nearly half the matches Benzema has.

His talent and impact on the pitch when fit is undeniable. Leads Europe in Assists/90 this season.

Still just 24 too

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Pretty crazy how he's tied for top on the La Liga assist table when he's played nearly half the matches Benzema has.

His talent and impact on the pitch when fit is undeniable. Leads Europe in Assists/90 this season.

Still just 24 too
He's 25 and plays like he's still 18. Decision making has barely improved since Dortmund days. Just a frustrating player overall with glimpses of what could have been.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He has played well since January but my suspicions are that he is just doing it to entice clubs. He will go back to being unprofessional once he gets that nice big contract. Then there is the injury record of course.
Outside of being terrible at clock management, he has never been suspected to not train or give everything on the pitch, you are assuming that a player can just switch on and perform at the highest level(which isn't actually a thing) and that he wasn't already performing well outside of injuries.

Classical Mechanic

He just puts in a bit more of effort to get a good new contract. He couldn't even bother to be professional for his childhood dream club.
I'm always wary of this. Coincidence that DDG brings his best form in the year that he's looking for his last major contract? Ashley Young always went to his best level for United when the contract renewal came up too, among many others.

Rolaholic

He's 25 and plays like he's still 18. Decision making has barely improved since Dortmund days. Just a frustrating player overall with glimpses of what could have been.
That's strange because he's produced and provided a constant attacking threat most of the time he gets to play for Barca. They've been much more dangerous with him back.

Been their most influential forward in their 2nd half of the season turnaround to the point where Xavi wants him to stay after all the drama surrounding him at the start of his tenure.

Feel he's still a good asset to have with a high ceiling when he's not injured.

flappyjay

Outside of being terrible at clock management, he has never been suspected to not train or give everything on the pitch, you are assuming that a player can just switch on and perform at the highest level(which isn't actually a thing) and that he wasn't already performing well outside of injuries.
No I am assuming he is turning up on time and he has stopped playing video games up till 3am in order to be fresh for games and training sessions.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
No I am assuming he is turning up on time and he has stopped playing video games up till 3am in order to be fresh for games and training sessions.
Why would you assume that though?

Mainoldo

At our current state I don’t know why we wouldn’t be all over this.

BuzzKillington

Would you sign him for United on the presumable day contract he’ll be looking for as a free agent?

Edit: please ignore, see above.

backpass

In a situation were you have to build teamspirit and form a unit that fights together, it is utterly shocking that his name is even remotly discussed.
Every one who is pro Dembele fits right in with the management of the last couple of years.

Mainoldo

In a situation were you have to build teamspirit and form a unit that fights together, it is utterly shocking that his name is even remotly discussed.
Every one who is pro Dembele fits right in with the management of the last couple of years.
Alright mate so who’s your attacking forward option?

criticalanalysis

No, it's typically the type of player that needs structure and a solid dressing room. His fitness is also something that needs to be managed.
Cheers, that's what I thought too but then that criteria pretty much applies to every player sigh.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
Time will tell if he was playing for his contract or if he was really improving.

davidmichael

There’s a chance for us to be really clever this summer and bring in Mazraoui, Kamara, Tchouameni and Dembele for a combined £60 million.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
There’s a chance for us to be really clever this summer and bring in Mazraoui, Kamara, Tchouameni and Dembele for a combined £60 million.
Would be amazing but hasn’t Mazraoui signed with Bayern?

Oranges038

Yeah he's another I can't make my mind up about, is it another Martial like situation or could he rip it up like a Jota/Diaz at the scousers.
Jota and Diaz both proved that they were capable players working hard in smaller setups and had the right mentality to step right into Klopp's setup and perform to the best of their abilities.

This lad has been injured or had his feet up for the past 5 years and has only played well the last 6 months to try and earn another big fat contract to do the same again.

Utd already have too many "on his day" players, which is what Dembeke is. He cannot be relied upon to deliver every week or in important moments. We've had Rashford, Pogba, Martial, Lingard, Jones etc stinking the place up for years. Should be getting rid of all these types not adding to them.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Stay away from this United fans.
If you think Pogba is lazy Dembele is at another level. He has good days and a lot of terrible days.
His decision making is terrible. His end product/finishing is terrible.

There was a huge transfersaga with Dortmund to buy him. He even stopped going to training to force his move to Barcelona. He was supposed to be the replacement of Neymar. He was bought for 140 million EUROS.
In all these years he never lived up to expectation. A lot of problem outside the pitch. Stays up late to play playstation etc. etc.

Now he is refusing to renew. Another one chasing $$$$. One of the biggest flops in Barcelona history.

The last thing United need is a player with his attitude.

Red Royal

Stay away from this United fans.
If you think Pogba is lazy Dembele is at another level. He has good days and a lot of terrible days.
His decision making is terrible. His end product/finishing is terrible.

There was a huge transfersaga with Dortmund to buy him. He even stopped going to training to force his move to Barcelona. He was supposed to be the replacement of Neymar. He was bought for 140 million EUROS.
In all these years he never lived up to expectation. A lot of problem outside the pitch. Stays up late to play playstation etc. etc.

Now he is refusing to renew. Another one chasing $$$$. One of the biggest flops in Barcelona history.

The last thing United need is a player with his attitude.
Spot on.... and really hope we steer clear

Longsight Red

I would throw in Eriksen onto that list too. Ive been saying this for months now but this summer above all others in the last decade, we will find ourselves in a very unique position on different fronts.

Status
Not open for further replies.