Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Ah yeah lets hand out a £400k p/w contract to a player who has had major injury issues and reported attitude issues in the recent past. That'd be a swell idea.

I like the player but this is exactly the kind of transfer that has us in this mess.

Idxomer

I haven't heard anything about him being either unprofessional or immature in a while.

This seems like a signing where the optics don't look good but the reality is a bit different, his injuries for me remain the only problem.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
from what I've seen, he is the very definition of "overrated". we have to do better

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
from what I've seen, he is the very definition of "overrated". we have to do better
I don’t think he is overrated. He is very good when playing but needs more coaching since his decision making is underwhelming.
His problem is injuries.

edcunited1878

Does this mean Serge Gnabry is on his way out of Bayern? Only has one year left on his contract and they are not close on terms. Can't see Bayern losing Lewy and Gnabry in the same year (next year), so having Dembele on a free is worth very much worth it if personal terms are agreed upon. Injuries are always a concern with him, but if he's available for most matches, will be a good player for Bayern or any team.

bringbackbebe

Ah yeah lets hand out a £400k p/w contract to a player who has had major injury issues and reported attitude issues in the recent past. That'd be a swell idea.

I like the player but this is exactly the kind of transfer that has us in this mess.
Exactly this. Injury problems, poor attitude - avoid.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I don’t think he is overrated. He is very good when playing but needs more coaching since his decision making is underwhelming.
His problem is injuries.
Literally sounds like your talking about Rashford..

AlexanderTheGreat29

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Heavily linked to us. The way he's been playing this 2nd half of the season , looks like a perfect Di Maria replacement. If he can stay injury free and improve his shooting , he could be a huge steal

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
If he was a fully fit player he’d be amazing but there’s too many unreliable players for him to be brought in. Would do well in Bayern.

Theo88

If he was a fully fit player he’d be amazing but there’s too many unreliable players for him to be brought in. Would do well in Bayern.

Have this weird feeling he will end up in Munich and he’ll be the next Ribery / Robben for them.

Wasnt Schneider and Robjen equally injury prone before exploding on the scene ?

Bojan Djordjic

Have this weird feeling he will end up in Munich and he’ll be the next Ribery / Robben for them.

Wasnt Schneider and Robjen equally injury prone before exploding on the scene ?
I’m not sure that would be a strong enough justification to sign Dembelé. Bayern are a very stable club and can probably absorb a transfer dud should injuries kick in and their dressing room probably manages itself.

Unfortunately, we probably need a flawless transfer window to scrape 4th next season and our dressing room is toxic to the point senior pros are briefing against 19 yr old prospects in the media. Unless the salary was right, it’s just a headache and risk we can’t afford right now.

Theo88

I’m not sure that would be a strong enough justification to sign Dembelé. Bayern are a very stable club and can probably absorb a transfer dud should injuries kick in and their dressing room probably manages itself.

Unfortunately, we probably need a flawless transfer window to scrape 4th next season and our dressing room is toxic to the point senior pros are briefing against 19 yr old prospects in the media. Unless the salary was right, it’s just a headache and risk we can’t afford right now.

I understand where you’re coming from i truly do. But just humour me for a sec. We wont land a global superstar for a few years until we transform this dross.

Some risk taking will be required. I think out transfer policy should revolve around solutions that can come in and give you a 7 out of 10 ( low risk good reward) but if we wish to surprise people and progress we need to have a leap of faith with one or two of our transfers (high risk huge reward). Demb is high risk high reward. He gives u anything from 5 to 10.

If Dembelle would decimate our transfer budget and restrict us from actually pursuing those lads that will come in and fill those gaps it would be a stupid risk. If he can come in whilst we have a robust all around transfer record then I’d say that’s a risk you can take. As long as it doesn’t cripple us that is.

I agree though that our holistic risk appetite when you look at everyone coming in should be relatively low right now. Our team sucks as a first step we need to be top 4 before we can be world beaters. Zero risk is never the right approach though.

Hope my view makes sense. Can you tell what i do for a living? Heh

Last edited:

croadyman

I understand where you’re coming from i truly do. But just humour me for a sec. We wont land a global superstar for a few years until we transform this dross.

Some risk taking will be required. I think out transfer policy should revolve around solutions that can come in and give you a 7 out of 10 ( low risk good reward) but if we wish to surprise people and progress we need to have a leap of faith with one or two of our transfers (high risk huge reward). Demb is high risk high reward. He gives u anything from 5 to 10.

If Dembelle would decimate our transfer budget and restrict us from actually pursuing those lads that will come in and fill those gaps it would be a stupid risk. If he can come in whilst we have a robust all around transfer record then I’d say that’s a risk you can take. As long as it doesn’t cripple us that is.

I agree though that our holistic risk appetite when you look at everyone coming in should be relatively low right now. Our team sucks as a first step we need to be top 4 before we can be world beaters. Zero risk is never the right approach though.

Hope my view makes sense. Can you tell what i do for a living? Heh
Yeah definitely worth it if doesn't effect key issues such as DM, CM, RB or ST

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Luis Campos doesn't want him apparently but we'll have to see what the boss says i guess :D

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Where would he play at PSG when they have their front 3?
The lad's gonna get paid a fortunate to come off the bench for 20 minutes every week and look like a world beater.

Probably best for his career seeing as his body will breakdown if he has to start games.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He just wants money. If he never plays again he wouldnt care, as long as he gets paid.

Telsim

Best move for him. Lots of cash, easy league, only has to run a couple of nights each season before PSG get knocked out of the CL. Retired at 25.

rainey

Supports
DZG
If he came to France he'd look like he was testing ragdoll phyics most of the time. They'd butcher him. And if PSG truly is turning a new leaf, not signing someone with Dembeles reputation (though he is French and homegrown) is probably a decent start.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Neymar only started 22 games in Ligue 1 this season, and Messi 26. There is plenty of minutes and it’s a it’s rare thing that all 3 of those players are ready to start together.

If you are injury prone, like him, you want that guarantee of the money right now, so probably the best move for him financially.

AB_89

He just wants money. If he never plays again he wouldnt care, as long as he gets paid.
This is exactly what Barca want you to think and have treated Dembele pretty badly in the media trying to strong arm him into taking massively reduced terms or leave in January.

Hope he gets a move and can prove the haters wrong.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
This is everything I don’t want in a player but I have this gut feeling that he would work out at United.
  • a RW
  • Left footed
  • Mixed footed
  • A replacement Frenchman after Pogba & hopefully Martial
  • Is creative to help Sancho on the opposite side to focus on creating for a striker.
  • Our other inverted forwards are more goalscoring type
  • We need more creativity in the squad
  • He is a 100mil + player coming on the free
  • We are already paying players like Sancho at the range of 350k, we should be able to get a balance alongside these players we already have

croadyman

This is everything I don’t want in a player but I have this gut feeling that he would work out at United.
  • a RW
  • Left footed
  • Mixed footed
  • Is creative to help Sancho on the opposite side to focus on creating for a striker.
  • We are already paying players like Sancho at the range of 350k, we should be able to get a balance alongside these players we already have
Yeah you make some valid points there

Mainoldo

• a RW
  • Left footed
  • Mixed footed
Agree with all the above.

It’s also very important for the culture we have a French player in our team. It’s good luck :lol:

Rolaholic

Winger stocked clubs like Bayern, Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG all interested yet many seem to think we're too good for him...

Darlington Padgett

• a RW
  • Left footed
  • Mixed footed
The biggest risk is him getting injured and United stuck paying him that much to not play.

Status
Not open for further replies.