Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
What? Flopped at another big club? Attitude problems? Not really keen on signing? Injury prone? That’s exactly why it’s going to work out against all odds.
He’s Di Maria, Falcao, and Sanchez all rolled into one. It wouldn’t surprise me if his middle name is Taibi.

He’s Di Maria, Falcao, and Sanchez all rolled into one. It wouldn’t surprise me if his middle name is Taibi.
Can you imagine the outrage if we went for Cantona in this day and age.

I’m clearly not saying he’s going to be the next King.

My biggest concern would be his injury issues.

If it’s a loan, and he’s fit, then I see no issues with this at all.

Zoo

If true this is interesting from Castles.

Still not sure about him though @Dominos

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
There are obviously huge question marks but if we're honest, Sancho ain't coming and who are the other options?

He's less of a risk than, for example, Brooks who has never been near his level.

If we can get him excited about a new start and integrated in with his compatriots maybe it could work out.

We desperately need a right-sided attacker and there just don't appear many options.

croadyman

Yeah and the fact by all accounts he doesn't seem keen on the move either

BarstoolProphet

Speaking of Taibi, he did an interview recently where he praised Sir Alex for his handling of his situation. Also he said he felt he had to return to Italy straight away due to personal reasons but regret doing this today. Sir Alex gave him to weeks off to sort out his personal which he wasn't used to from playing in Italy.

croadyman

There are obviously huge question marks but if we're honest, Sancho ain't coming and who are the other options?

He's less of a risk than, for example, Brooks who has never been near his level.

If we can get him excited about a new start and integrated in with his compatriots maybe it could work out.

We desperately need a right-sided attacker and there just don't appear many options.
Yeah you feel like only Tony & Paul can convince this guy about joining the club so maybe need to get them on the case

cyberman

Im starting to doubt Romano. He has developed a bad habit of retweets and saying the same thing as if he has confirmed the rumour himself. If he was able to do that he would surely be breaking the stories?
He just talks too much

Bogga

My exact thought... Stinks Di Maria all over the place. Doesn't wanna come, but isn't welcome where he's at for the moment. Loan isn't as bad as buying, but still isn't what I'd want...

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

Yeah sure if he’s guaranteed to stay fit, I don’t see the harm in a loan at all. The problem is he doesn’t seem to be able to, which defeats the entire object of a loan. I.e that we urgently need him on the pitch ASAP.

croadyman

Coaxing a yes from the man will only get the deal done, not get us a willing motivated player. If this rumor is even semi-true we would have moved on two weeks ago.
So you reckon he is more open to the idea than is being reported or have I completely misunderstood your point

Judas

Open to offers
Im starting to doubt Romano. He has developed a bad habit of retweets and saying the same thing as if he has confirmed the rumour himself. If he was able to do that he would surely be breaking the stories?
He just talks too much
He wants to be seen as the breaker of every story but he's just lost a lot of credibility to me. He's not involved in every bloody transfer, yet now likes to present himself like he is. The fame has gone to his head.

scudetto_boy

Supports
St Mirren
He has barely kicked a ball for 12 months (or more, i can hardly remember any more :\ ), i have my doubts about him. I also heard he lives the sort of lifestyle unsuitable to professional footballers (not 100% sure what that means personally, maybe he's likes night clubs)

Nickosaur

If we can get Dembele in on a season long loan? I'm not against it. He is a fantastic player if/when fit.

A permanent transfer would be pretty disastrous though.

Grande

So you reckon he is more open to the idea than is being reported or have I completely misunderstood your point

Coaxing a yes from the man will only get the deal done, not get us a willing motivated player. If this rumor is even semi-true we would have moved on two weeks ago.
I would guess, if it’s true we’re still looking into Dembele, that Solskjær has reasons to believe he is interested and can be worked with. Based on Solskjærs talk - and walk - about players having to want to play for Utd, cooling on Dybala last year for instance, and based on Paul Pogba and to a degree Anthony Martial knowing him and probably texting him, and how we know Solskjær talks to his players to sound out the mentality of targets, I think we wouldn’t be exploring this still if the worst rumours about him were true.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He just talks too much
He's a attention seeker.

redpatron

He just talks too much
He’s trying to cash checks on desperate Manchester united and football fans. The kids love him so they will ignore his vulture behavior and constant spamming.

SplitzMagic

He just talks too much
Ha yeah he's brainwashing people into muppet addiction with his 'Here we go' saying.

All you see in the comments is... 'Is it here we go yet?'

Can just imagine his cult like following tired red spinning eyes with 'here we go' dopamine withdrawals just wanting that next hit of the pipe.

Tarrou

This has smokescreen written all over it

I honestly think Ole would rather keep Dan James

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
With his injury record, I hope we stay clear. If he needs convincing to join, then we should absolutely stay clear. Hopefully this rumour is just to apply a bit of pressure on the Sancho talks.

marc1_007

This is a player who never had any major injuries before he joined barcelona, so there is probably an issue with how barcelona train their players that is different to how Dembele trained with his other clubs, They are all muscular injuries so with the proper training regime and in this age of sports science that we live in, it really should sort itself out.

If we get a fully fit Dembele, he will be the most devastating attacker on the team, you want to talk about dribbling, he is already one of the best dribblers in world football, he has explosive pace, he is as two footed as Mason Greenwood. He is a one man counter attack and you will be putting him in a team where he already has two friends, settling in will not be a problem for him.

I always wished we signed him all the way back when he was at Rennes and could not understand why we did not go for him then and let him join Dortmund so easily because even then I was of the opinion that he was already better than what we had in the wide positions.

For all those worried about his attitude, its been reported that Sancho also has a sketchy attitude as well, would that stop you from getting him.
If this is only a loan with an option to buy, then I don't see the problem. I'll take a player that is world class so long as we can manage him properly, I bet when he starts doing more high intensity training, the muscular injuries will be a thing of the past, Like I said they are muscular injuries, not impact injuries for all those that think that the premier league being harder means he will get injured more, I'd even go as far as to say that he suits the premier league a lot more than he suits La Liga because his game is based on explosiveness and pace but it also helps that he has excellent technical abilities.

I include these two links because they might be true of not but, I'd rather believe it anyway, I'm ever the optimist

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/19/ousm...ker might have told his compatriot is unknown.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/11431212/barcelona-utd-transfer-martial-dembele/

Reactions: Fortitude

Canuckred64

The thing that concerns me is many if not all the reports say we are trying to convince him to come here and he has turned us down. If he doesn't want to come here we should pass on this, we don't want another Di Maria.

JohnnyKills

The thing that concerns me is many if not all the reports say we are trying to convince him to come here and he has turned us down. If he doesn't want to come here we should pass on this, we don't want another Di Maria.
It's only for a year though isn't it. Agree that a permanent move would be nonsense but a loan shouldn't be too risky.

RedDevil@84

At least Di Maria could stand on both his legs.
Dembele is a meme. When he went to the hospital, Barca had a coach. By the time he came back, Barca had fired him, got another and fired him as well.

Redcy

The trouble with a loan is that it will still cost us around 20-25m for the year. Barca will want a loan fee to buy Depay with, so around 15m + his wages, its still an expensive gamble.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
This is a player who never had any major injuries before he joined barcelona, so there is probably an issue with how barcelona train their players that is different to how Dembele trained with his other clubs, They are all muscular injuries so with the proper training regime and in this age of sports science that we live in, it really should sort itself out.

If we get a fully fit Dembele, he will be the most devastating attacker on the team, you want to talk about dribbling, he is already one of the best dribblers in world football, he has explosive pace, he is as two footed as Mason Greenwood. He is a one man counter attack and you will be putting him in a team where he already has two friends, settling in will not be a problem for him.

I always wished we signed him all the way back when he was at Rennes and could not understand why we did not go for him then and let him join Dortmund so easily because even then I was of the opinion that he was already better than what we had in the wide positions.

For all those worried about his attitude, its been reported that Sancho also has a sketchy attitude as well, would that stop you from getting him.
If this is only a loan with an option to buy, then I don't see the problem. I'll take a player that is world class so long as we can manage him properly, I bet when he starts doing more high intensity training, the muscular injuries will be a thing of the past, Like I said they are muscular injuries, not impact injuries for all those that think that the premier league being harder means he will get injured more, I'd even go as far as to say that he suits the premier league a lot more than he suits La Liga because his game is based on explosiveness and pace but it also helps that he has excellent technical abilities.

I include these two links because they might be true of not but, I'd rather believe it anyway, I'm ever the optimist

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/19/ousmane-dembele-anthony-martial-manchester-united-transfer-man-utd-12579378/#:~:text=Martial is international team-mates with Dembele and has,attacker might have told his compatriot is unknown.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/11431212/barcelona-utd-transfer-martial-dembele/
Constructive optimism! At least it's a way to hope he'd not fall apart here, even though those kind of injuries tend to be his own body not being able to cope with his dynamic tendencies, which are obviously pushed to the limit in real games at full intensity.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
Would be another Di Maria/Sanchez/Pogba type signing

seegoblu

Having worked with former professional athletes, I have been told time and time again that the most important quality in any athlete is availability...it doesn't matter if someone is the best in their sport if they can't get on/stay on the pitch/court/field. So Dembele fails in that aspect.

Also, even though Dembele has all of these amazing qualities (when fit) such as speed, close dribbling and two footed-ness, does he really add what United needs? United already has a pretty devastating counter-attack. While Dembele would fit in to the squad in that sense, he really doesn't help fix the biggest tactical hole, unlike Sancho I don't think Dembele's passing can unlock a low block defense.

Yes, Dembele would give United the depth on the wing it needs. Yes, Dembele has tremendous skills. Yes, he might represent tremendous value in a loan if he stays healthy. But ultimately he appears to be fragile and doesn't really enhance our attack by offering a different dimension...just piles on to what we already have as a counter attack winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.