Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
Signing another Pogba would be fantastic, he's been our best outfield player for years, really excited if this is the case.
It really wouldn't be, he hasn't, you know nothing

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It really wouldn't be, he hasn't, you know nothing
Yes, you put Pogba in the same bracket yet I'm the one who knows nothing. The lack of self awareness is astounding.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Are journalists trying to wind us up with this "trying to convince him" bollocks?

feck right off.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
The guy is adamant he doesn't want to leave barca. He's turned down clubs already this summer and if he was to join us then it would be a terrible decision for both parties. His lack of interest will not help his career or our prospects this season.

Plus if Jones gets company in the treatment room it might make Phil want to stay even longer at the club.

Giggsy13

I think the idea that Pogba and Martial are a “pull” for Dembele is a great example of lazy analysis.

Do you know if they Are friends? Or do all Black Frenchman get along well?
What an absolute shite response while ignoring every other point. Learn how to read pal.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How did Boateng ever get to Barcelona! Madness.
As is the idea we're going to take a guy who cost 100m on loan.

Could you imagine the outrage if we sent Pogba off on loan somewhere for a season!

Could you imagine the outrage if we sent Pogba off on loan somewhere for a season!
Remind me how much Coutinho cost? You can google it if you like.

Tel074

When he’s actually been fit he’s had a handful (admittedly not enough) very very good games for them. It’s just most of the time he’s been coming back from injury and then as soon as he looks good injured again. I’d just be interested what type of injuries and whether he was constantly rushed back.

As a player compared to Sancho I think he fits our predicament better. He can beat a standing deep positioned defender quite regularly, Sancho is part of a team that presses and breaks with immense pace, we can already do that as a team (the breaking part) but we have few players that can beat two men and send in a dangerous ball.

I would rather Sancho because I do think he is overall a better player and still has the ability to skin players, but skinning players is Dembele’s game.

He seems to have had loads of muscle injuries which is a huge concern because pace is one of his main attributes. He's played something like 50 games in 3 seasons at Barca thats a worry

MalcolmTucker

Didn't even come off the bench vs Celta tonight. Fati started and Pedri came off the bench and seems to be ahead of him as well.

Last edited:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The competition is fierce with Fati now, who has taken a step ahead of him and actually fits with Barcelona's style. I think they'd rather keep Dembele than sell him for half of his value, especially since he can bring a different dimension to the team when their style struggles against certain team. Having said that, I think he's too good to be on the bench and if that's his reality, he might be more motivated to move somewhere else.

The competition is fierce with Fati now, who has taken a step ahead of him and actually fits with Barcelona's style. I think they'd rather keep Dembele than sell him for half of his value, especially since he can bring a different dimension to the team when their style struggles against certain team. Having said that, I think he's too good to be on the bench and if that's his reality, he might be more motivated to move somewhere else.
Given their financial situation, surely they would accept £70m for him?

I don’t think anyone is paying that mind.

A loan puts him in the shop window for next year, when someone might pay big for him?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
There is a report in MD that he has accepted it. Now I think loan with an option ( maybe even obligation) is good move for us.

I feel we have room for both Sancho and Dembele. Would mean we don't have to buy a striker and use Rashford and Martial as our striker. It will be quite fluid attack with 5 options for 3-4 position. If we manage to get him on loan, we might still go for Sancho this season.

starman

This might actually happen, it seems to be resting on Dembele extending his contract giving Barca a cushion for the length left on his current deal, allowing them to loan him for this year.

macheda14

There is a report in MD that he has accepted it. Now I think loan with an option ( maybe even obligation) is good move for us.

I feel we have room for both Sancho and Dembele. Would mean we don't have to buy a striker and use Rashford and Martial as our striker. It will be quite fluid attack with 5 options for 3-4 position. If we manage to get him on loan, we might still go for Sancho this season.

There’s no way in hell we bring them both in. That would mean one of sancho, Dembele, Rashford and Martial doesn’t start. They are all established players that will want to start pretty much every game, couple that with Greenwood needing to play at least 1 in every 3 games to further his development. There’s no way to give them the amount of game time they’ll want even with heavy rotation.

Rolaholic

Fati's ascendency makes the chances of him getting consistent playing time throughout the La Liga season that much worse.

They could also still add Koeman's top target in Memphis too before the window ends so it doesn't seem like he figures in their plans for this season all that much.

Now that he's reportedly more open to it, fair play to Pogba if that bit is true, a loan would really be the best move for all parties involved.

He'd be as good a stop gap short of signing Sancho that we could find at this stage, he would get much needed match action when fit and Barcelona would avoid the selection headache having your 140m winger be a benchwarmer again would cause while allowing him the chance to regain form and value in a strong league

There’s no way in hell we bring them both in. That would mean one of sancho, Dembele, Rashford and Martial doesn’t start. They are all established players that will want to start pretty much every game, couple that with Greenwood needing to play at least 1 in every 3 games to further his development. There’s no way to give them the amount of game time they’ll want even with heavy rotation.
I doubt we would buy both because of the money, not because of the competition. We had had Cole, OGS, Yorke and Sheringham and then Ronaldo, Berbatov. Tevez and Rooney competing with each other. It drives competition, and is not bad thing.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
So you think players should have position fixed and there should be no competition. We might not get Dembele and Sancho for financial reasons but competition for Rashford and Martial is absolutely necessary. We can always sell one of them later.

Loan with option to buy for Dembele is way too good a deal to pass. Even if we manage to get Sancho.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
As good as we could hope for if we don’t get Sancho. Like, so good to the point where the guy we get instead of Sancho could still come in and be the best winger in the league in theory. He’s a huge talent, and writing the obituary to his career at 23 is a not premature I think. I also think he’d suit our group, with Pogba especially being a key figure in helping him develop as a man.

Red_toad

Outrage? Getting a player who doesn’t work in the systems wage off the books for a year and saving the club tens of millions. Feck em make the outraged suffer keep him on the bench like Bale, that’ll show em!

RedDevil@84

As good as we could hope for if we don’t get Sancho. Like, so good to the point where the guy we get instead of Sancho could still come in and be the best winger in the league in theory. He’s a huge talent, and writing the obituary to his career at 23 is a not premature I think. I also think he’d suit our group, with Pogba especially being a key figure in helping him develop as a man.
Also he can do well with Phil Jones who has lot of potential and is in his prime at the age of 28.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Yep. People hoping a player who can't stay fit for 5 minutes will be fit here at Utd. I have seen it all now.

mav_9me

If we get Sancho, as an additional deal I would love it if this was a loan with an option to buy. Similar to what bayern tried with James and coutinho

Status
Not open for further replies.