Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I’ve held back on this one but to be fair for all the criticisms I could level at Dembele I don’t think there’s many players currently playing who are clearly better examples of a ambipedal players.

That being said it’s not fair to dismiss others players outright because they have a dribbling foot.

Ambipedal players could be passers, crossers or shooters etc and there are plenty of good examples of players who can confidently perform these skills with both feet better than Dembele. Modric and Cazorla are by any metric better ambipedal passers of the ball but Dembele would be a better dribbler archetype.

Similarly Greenwood is probably one of the best strikers of the ball with both feet but clearly has a more dominant dribbling stance.

I think everyone’s always going to disagree on this unless you clarify exactly the criteria that needs to be met for ambipedality.

Tel074

He’s not though, not at the competency of someone like Dembele. heck I can score off of both feet because I too am ambidextrous but in no world am I able to switch foot with ease mid dribble as Dembele does. I can’t think of another footballer I’ve seen do it ever. Greenwood is very two footed and even he has a dominant dribbiling foot.

Heck Ronaldo when asked takes free kicks and penalties with his right foot. Dembele has taken free kicks with his left or right and the same with penalties. So much so when interviewed and asked what foot he is he said he doesn’t know.

There is a vast difference when people refer to Dembele as two footed compared to very competent strikers of the ball with either foot.

What a complete and utter load of BS. George Best says hello

Tel074

I’ve held back on this one but to be fair for all the criticisms I could level at Dembele I don’t think there’s many players currently playing who are clearly better examples of a ambipedal players.

That being said it’s not fair to dismiss others players outright because they have a dribbling foot.

Ambipedal players could be passers, crossers or shooters etc and there are plenty of good examples of players who can confidently perform these skills with both feet better than Dembele. Modric and Cazorla are by any metric better ambipedal passers of the ball but Dembele would be a better dribbler archetype.

Similarly Greenwood is probably one of the best strikers of the ball with both feet but clearly has a more dominant dribbling stance.

I think everyone’s always going to disagree on this unless you clarify exactly the criteria that needs to be met for ambipedality.

Super post .

Decomposing In Paris

Loan with an option to buy, might be interesting. If he doesn’t step up we don’t sign him, & it really reminds everyone that talent alone is not enough. If he steps up, we’ve got a potentially WC winger for a bargain price.

Red00012

My impression of him is fecking up a one v one v Liverpool last year in the last minute .

Tel074

My impression of him is fecking up a one v one v Liverpool last year in the last minute .

This thread has him as the most over rated footballer in history . Have a look at his introduction to Barca fans and see how wonderfully 2 footed he is haha

beingshe7don

This thread has him as the most over rated footballer in history . Have a look at his introduction to Barca fans and see how wonderfully 2 footed he is haha
Chill dude.... If he ends up at Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal, trust me.... we'll be regretting that we let him get away for a meagre 37m. The guy is a World Cup winner....

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Chill dude.... If he ends up at Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal, trust me.... we'll be regretting that we let him get away for a meagre 37m. The guy is a World Cup winner....
He barely even play though. Both Mbappe & Matuidi took his spot. Giroud is more of a true World Cup winner than him. I don't think we'll be regretting it, if there is a reason why we don't sign him with that price because both club & manager don't think he's worthy to be part of our rebuilding project. Put it simple, he is known with getting injured & his disciplinary problems.

What makes United players so good in the past is their character. Some fans who wanted Ole out didn't understand the changes & positive that Ole brought back to the club, if Dembele's character just doesn't match United's standard then his talent alone isn't enough. Probably better join a club who can get the best out of him rather than being wasted in here or Barcelona, certain players just might not be good enough for us due to certain condition.

Tel074

And so is Steven N'Zonzi . It is hardly like he was a key player or anything .
I'd buy him for 37 million but sweet Christ the talk on this thread is he is the new Messi only better because he is obviously the best 2 footed player ever

beingshe7don

I'd buy him for 37 million but sweet Christ the talk on this thread is he is the new Messi only better because he is obviously the best 2 footed player ever
No one is saying that he's the next Messi but he's no Bebe either like what a lot of people are making him look like. Well I did see some post comparing him to even Ravel Morrison. All I'm saying is that he's more than good enough to play for United.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
You've gone back and forth a few times and have still not yet understood what people were trying to tell you. No one here said anything of the sort, it's a little immature to completely make up things to dismiss an opinion you don't agree with.

Tel074

You've gone back and forth a few times and have still not yet understood what people were trying to tell you. No one here said anything of the sort, it's a little immature to completely make up things to dismiss an opinion you don't agree with.

What exact have I made up ? That he was a bit part player during the world cup ? That he is a bit part player at Barca ? That his introduction to the Barca fans was hilarious or was it that Ronaldo is a 2 footed footballer

It’s great being two footed - but if both feet are equally crap, then what’s the point!

can’t imagine Barcelona will sell him for £37m in any case - where on earth has that figure come from!

most likely they will put him out on loan with a decent loan fee and an option to buy for £60-90m.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Don’t bother trying. He doesn’t understand or doesn’t want to.

Hammondo

Not really interested in players who run themselves into trouble/corners.

beingshe7don

Think he could be absolutely lethal under Klopp.
If Klopp gets Dembele on loan and buys Werner as Firmino's back up. That would make their attack the best in the world.
Mane, Salah, Firmino, Werner & Dembele. That's one scary attack.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If Klopp gets Dembele on loan and buys Werner as Firmino's back up. That would make their attack the best in the world.
Mane, Salah, Firmino, Werner & Dembele. That's one scary attack.
Can't see it being both.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
You beat me to it. I hope we take the risk with him. If he can get over his injuries and lack of professionalism we have a world class talent on our hands.
He will never get over this issues. Its a pity, he would be phenomenal.

You beat me to it. I hope we take the risk with him. If he can get over his injuries and lack of professionalism we have a world class talent on our hands.
and if he doesn’t we have an unprofessional, unfit, flop.

if it was a loan and an option, not obligation to buy - then sure. But would be worries about spending a lot of money on this lad.

whilst he may be less than Sancho, it would still be close to our record transfer.

ShinjiNinja26

I’d much rather we pay the extra and get Sancho much better signing imo. Dembele’s undoubtedly talented but he’s injured constantly and has a questionable attitude. Plus I’d rather not do Barca any favours by giving them cash for their big money flops.

Nickelodeon

If we don't get Sancho this year and don't want to commit to any other signing, we could sign him on loan with an option to buy. Similar to how Barcelona are doing with Coutinho. We can try again for Sancho in a year when he will only have one year remaining on his deal.

croadyman

If we don't get Sancho this year and don't want to commit to any other signing, we could sign him on loan with an option to buy. Similar to how Barcelona are doing with Coutinho. We can try again for Sancho in a year when he will only have one year remaining on his deal.
The media cycle game is in full effect I am absolutely convinced of that

Varun1

And if he doesn't, we'll have a 60m+ player in the treatment room. Where's the logic?

poleglass red

My opinion is this is us letting this rumour get out, to let Dortmund think we have other irons in the fire. I don't think Dembele is a legit target of ours

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
What was his injury record in Germany like?
Iirc he was't injured a lot. This started at Barcelona. But i think all the other issues were already there. I rembering conflicts about food and health and sleep. I guess Tuchel had a hard time with him, so did Reus and other leaders in the team. Also you could see, that tactical wise Tuchel decided at some point (relativly early in the season or even in the preparation) that it would be the best to give him a free role and collectivly work with the chaos he is creating. This was probably to solve two things: he wasn't clever or hard working enough to get the tactical plans and stick to it, and second this siuts good to his strenght on the pitch.

croadyman

My opinion is this is us letting this rumour get out, to let Dortmund think we have other irons in the fire. I don't think Dembele is a legit target of ours
Yeah clearly part of the game we are playing to get the best price for Sancho

beingshe7don

I think Dembele on a loan deal would do us a world of good. The acceleration that Dembele would give us on the counter, I don't think even Sancho has that in his arsenal. Although, I would be fine with either player although 90m pounds is too steep for him as of now. I would get Dembele out on loan, get Havertz as a SS for 70 odd million and possibly invest in a young CB like Konate.

gajender

I think Dembele on a loan deal would do us a world of good. The acceleration that Dembele would give us on the counter, I don't think even Sancho has that in his arsenal. Although, I would be fine with either player although 90m pounds is too steep for him as of now. I would get Dembele out on loan, get Havertz as a SS for 70 odd million and possibly invest in a young CB like Konate.
So get a player for 70 million for a position we don't even play with while ignoring the real position of need because 90million seems steep to you that's some great use of the transfer funds .

SAFMUTD

If he didnt had professionalism in Messi's team I doubt he'll have it here. He seems like one of those players we'll be reading in 5 years time "remember Dembele? Now retired at 27..."

gorky_utd

No thanks. Don't want another player joining Phil jones in treatment table. Not even for a loan.

beingshe7don

So get a player for 70 million for a position we don't even play with while ignoring the real position of need because 90million seems steep to you that's some great use of the transfer funds .
I think a lot of people like yourself (no fault of your own) have bigged Sancho so much like he's the second coming of Ronaldinho or CR7. He's good no doubt but personally speaking, I don't think he's worth 90 to 100m. How many players that have left Dortmund for a different league have been able to replicate their form? Also, we've still got a few important positions to fill. Just like Sancho, Havertz is a generational talent as well. They're the same age and Havertz can also play as a false 9 given his instinct and stature and he'll be far cheaper than Sancho. Dortmund are looking to for a big payout of the Sancho deal. If we're able to get Dembele on a loan and can also get Havertz, I think that's the better deal than getting Sancho alone. Dembele (with the likes of Pogba and Martial) and obviously Ole get back to his original form.

Status
Not open for further replies.