Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie Boy

He has a-lot of talent for sure but it's about staying injury free and other things coming together for him. I would have zero insight other that what I've read, but there does seem to be attitude/professionalism issues with him.

davidmichael

No thanks, as I said in my lost post in this thread Dortmund must still be pissing themselves over mugging Barca in the way they did for Dembele.

Bole Top

those who still rate him as highly as before are those who haven't watched him since his Dortmund days. check Barca forums, they're genuinely shocked at how bad he is. he's as frustrating and erratic and as they get, low football inteligence and always with that stupid look on his face like he's asking himself what time of day it is. he'll be 24 in month, yet it doesn't seem he's capable of learning anything, even at Barca. for all the criticism Rashford gets sometimes, he's twice the player Dembele will ever be.

redshaw

Thought he looked unusually good when coming on for France on the right, must've took it out the poor lad.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Surely the most injury prone player in the Europe not named Phil Jones

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Worst thing that happened to dortmund.

Empowered the greedy cnuts.

Bole Top

he's about to feck Barca worse than when Neymar left. wouldn't be surprised if he's injured just long enough that they can't sell him during the summer and then simply leaves them on free (to Juve most likely).

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
And his injuries are why you go nowhere near him. All this if talk regarding him getting healthy and remaining so sound more like a pipe dream with every passing month.

What's really sad and tragic about Dembele is it's his same explosive and dynamic movement in any direction at any given moment that puts more stress on his body than most footballers, and perhaps, once he loses that attribute completely, we'll see the injuries lessen, but then, what makes him such a brilliant player when fit, will no longer be there and he'll be a fraction of the player.

The psychological toll and doubt he'll soon have with his body and even attempting the stuff he does is surely going to become a factor soon, as we've seen with many a player of this profile in the past.

It's a real shame; I don't think we'll ever see the real Dembele again.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Worst thing that happened to dortmund.

Empowered the greedy cnuts.
Worst? Think it was the best thing ever for Dortmund. The guy didn't want to train for BVB anymore and went missing as soon as barca showed interest to force a move. It's actually amazing they got so much for him.
Karma at it's finest i guess.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Worst? Think it was the best thing ever for Dortmund. The guy didn't want to train for BVB anymore and went missing as soon as barca showed interest to force a move. It's actually amazing they got so much for him.
Karma at it's finest i guess.
Best thing for them, absolutely

RUCK4444

And his injuries are why you go nowhere near him. All this if talk regarding him getting healthy and remaining so sound more like a pipe dream with every passing month.

What's really sad and tragic about Dembele is it's his same explosive and dynamic movement in any direction at any given moment that puts more stress on his body than most footballers, and perhaps, once he loses that attribute completely, we'll see the injuries lessen, but then, what makes him such a brilliant player when fit, will no longer be there and he'll be a fraction of the player.

The psychological toll and doubt he'll soon have with his body and even attempting the stuff he does is surely going to become a factor soon, as we've seen with many a player of this profile in the past.

It's a real shame; I don't think we'll ever see the real Dembele again.
Yeah I think it’s similar story to Bale and his injuries, one of those players that are a bit too explosive and quick for their bodies own good, it’s like an unsustainable super power.

davidmichael

He looked potentially great at Rennes and great at times at Dortmund but never at Barca, I just don’t see how United would ever want Dembele as he’s more inconsistent than Nani at his worst and as injury prone as Phil Jones.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Yeah I think it’s similar story to Bale and his injuries, one of those players that are a bit too explosive and quick for their bodies own good, it’s like an unsustainable super power.
For sure. Owen was another one. When he was a teenager, he wasn't only fast in straight line, he had absolutely ridiculous agility in terms of bursting off in any direction from almost a standing start. You've also got someone like el fenomeno who is perhaps the greatest case of them all.

It's unfortunate that they burn so bright for such a short time before the damage is irreparable.

RUCK4444

For sure. Owen was another one. When he was a teenager, he wasn't only fast in straight line, he had absolutely ridiculous agility in terms of bursting off in any direction from almost a standing start. You've also got someone like el fenomeno who is perhaps the greatest case of them all.

It's unfortunate that they burn so bright for such a short time before the damage is irreparable.
Yeah R9 literally ripped his own knees apart with that explosive style darting side to side.

It’s a sight to behold while it lasts, but like you say though it’s such a huge shame it tends to be short lived.

criticalanalysis

Not sure if the injuries are the same but Coman has had similar consistent debilitating setbacks with him even talking about retiring. Yet he's come back from that and is one of Bayern's most important players.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
The thing is if he was a real game aggressive lad you’d take him on a free to rehab from scratch with a heavily incentivised contract. Not playing and it’s no skin off our noses. I think he could be another Sanchez type signing for the PL if he can rebuild his game to find a way around his injuries. He’s the kind of player that’ll probably end up at PSG or Juve for free on giant wages.

Last edited:

Bole Top

out for another 4-5 months now beacause of surgery, but apparently he's also negotiating a new contract with Barca so at least they could get some money for him in the end. a bit surprising from him since he behaved like a complete cnut at both Rennes and Dortmund before transfers. even if he has just chosen to recover and sit through the second half of the upcoming season, I bet there would still be plenty of clubs offering him a contract.

out for another 4-5 months now beacause of surgery, but apparently he's also negotiating a new contract with Barca so at least they could get some money for him in the end. a bit surprising from him since he behaved like a complete cnut at both Rennes and Dortmund before transfers. even if he has just chosen to recover and sit through the second half of the upcoming season, I bet there would still be plenty of clubs offering him a contract.
perhaps he’s negotiating a new contract with Barca because he knows no other club is going to pay him what he’s on. Very much doubt there’s any altruism going on here.

UncleBob

Barca will be desperate to get him on a new contract and pretend he's worth £150mill.

Rakaposhi

Supports
Fortuna Düsseldorf
Tuchel recently named him as the most talented player he has ever coached.
He should move to Arsenal. Arteta would find a way to bench both him and Auba.

Status
Not open for further replies.