Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Much better iso-winger than Sancho, Rashford or Greenwood. He is injury prone, and struggles with professionalism and is out of touch with reality. Probably should stay clear.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Threatening to put a player in the stands because he doesn't renew. Classy. And very ethical.

I wouldn't believe a single word the Barca-connected journalist cabal puts out about Dembélé and his "alleged" demands. They constantly engage in smearing the reputation of their own players.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Threatening to put a player in the stands because he doesn't renew. Classy. And very ethical.

I wouldn't believe a single word the Barca-connected journalist cabal puts out about Dembélé and his "alleged" demands. They constantly engage in smearing the reputation of their own players.
While I don't believe Barcelona's leaks. One has to admit that Dembélé is the kind of lunatic that could demand that sort of contract.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Saw certain sources linking him to a potential move to Bayern.

Surely they wouldn't want him with all the class wingers they already have?? :confused:

Would Bayern fans even want him there?

JPRouve

Scout
You reckon he is?
No. It's too convenient that Barcelona leaked for months that they tried to extend him, that he didn't want to enter negotiations and that now suddenly he is asking for a huge amount of money. My guess is that Barcelona can't convince him to extend and they decided to make it a money issue.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
While I don't believe Barcelona's leaks. One has to admit that Dembélé is the kind of lunatic that could demand that sort of contract.
I still think this is some kind of joke by his agent. Barca reps called him better than Mbappe, so his agent is asking for Mbappe wages and can pretend to be offended when Barca doesn’t pay it.

RC89

Other than these wage claims, what makes Dembele so mental? :lol:

I've heard some of his interviews where he doesn't seem the most media savvy but is there anything else to this?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Other than these wage claims, what makes Dembele so mental? :lol:

I've heard some of his interviews where he doesn't seem the most media savvy but is there anything else to this?
Probably a mixture of being late to training often, gaming into the nights and forcing his way out of Dortmund.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I sort of respect the sheer audacity of it.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Saw certain sources linking him to a potential move to Bayern.

Surely they wouldn't want him with all the class wingers they already have?? :confused:

Would Bayern fans even want him there?
I guess it would have been a possible replacement in case we couldn't extend Coman. Which we now did.

I probably don't speak for many fellow Bayern fans but would have loved if Dembélé played for Bayern. Spectacular player. Not that I want to swap any of ours, now.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
No. It's too convenient that Barcelona leaked for months that they tried to extend him, that he didn't want to enter negotiations and that now suddenly he is asking for a huge amount of money. My guess is that Barcelona can't convince him to extend and they decided to make it a money issue.
Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

Never buying those figures, Barcelona has simply failed to convince him and they’re about to see a player they paid 9 digits for walk away for free, so they’ll lie to try and save face.

Supports
Chelsea
From what I've seen it looks like he was already on very high wages so if I had to guess, he's asked for the same/similar salary to renew but Barca are expecting him to take a paycut.

For a club to make as many mistakes as Barca have in the market, then suddenly expect players to fall in line and take paycuts because "we are Barca" all just seems extremely arrogant. And then on top of that to vilify any player who doesn't go along with these demands.. I know Dembele seems a bit of a prat & unprofessional but I'm not buying the spin from the Catalan press at all.

JPRouve

Scout
Probably a mixture of being late to training often, gaming into the nights and forcing his way out of Dortmund.
No there is a documentary about Dembélé and his lunacy is more hyperbolic when I use it. He is one of the most chilidish player I have seen and I mean genuinely childish.

Barthez

No there is a documentary about Dembélé and his lunacy is more hyperbolic when I use it. He is one of the most chilidish player I have seen and I mean genuinely childish.
He'll fit in here then seamlessly

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I think the best option for Barcelona is to let him go, save the high salary and spend the money on other things.

He is 24 years old and in the 5 years he has been at Barcelona his decision making is still horrible, in addition to injuries, little defensive work, very clueless, little success shooting at goal ...

I guess they try to renew him because of the barbarity of money he cost and because they hope to see him improve.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Having seen him play a number of times, I must admit I have not been impressed. He does not stand out like a top player would. Seems an average player unless I'm missing something.
When he is fit he can beat his man with ease and he is so two-footed that he doesn’t even know which one is his stronger one. Has a good shot on him as well.
BUT he is often injured and his decision making is sometimes atrocious. Think Douglas Costa bad.
He‘d be world class if he could stay healthy and if he‘d receive a top coaching. And actually takes that to heart and gets more professional.
So all in all a high risk/high reward situation for a club that is willing and able to gamble on a very highly priced player.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Everything I've ever heard about him is rubbish. Crap attitude, missing training, constantly linked to moves away, never seen him score many goals or even hear about him playing.

We should steer miles clear.

AndySmith1990

Comes across as another waster like Martial. It'd be brilliant to see the pair of them end up at Newcastle, just to watch the drama unfold when they inevitably put in zero effort.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Newcastle statement signing incoming.
He and ASM on the wings could really be an exciting attack.

It's definitely a step up in quality even if he's only fit half the season. The type of gamble worth taking for Newcastle IMO

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Everything I've ever heard about him is rubbish. Crap attitude, missing training, constantly linked to moves away, never seen him score many goals or even hear about him playing.

We should steer miles clear.
Young players tend to grow up, just as other young people do. The playing computer games and coming late for training thing should not be referenced anymore unless it has been done recently.

Biggest issue is his fitness. He’s had plenty of spells where he has shown his devastating qualities at Barcelona.

Bwuk

Can't see any big club touching him. 5 years at Barca and he's only played 30+ games in the league once.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Will be a massive player for whoever signs him up. If they have any sense, it's Liverpool.

OleGunnar20

Comes across as another waster like Martial. It'd be brilliant to see the pair of them end up at Newcastle, just to watch the drama unfold when they inevitably put in zero effort.
Ironic that when he burst onto the scene a few years back, I remember thinking what a devastating attack they'd make up .. Strange how these things work out!

Makes sense only for a daft club such as Newcastle. Anyone with sense would steer well clear at the wages / signing on fee he's bound to be demanding.

Oh, lovely to see this happening to Barca though.

Cloud7

The annoying thing is I can imagine him going to a club like Liverpool or Bayern where he manages to get over his injuries and lives up to the early promise that he showed. I can equally imagine him coming to us and continuing on a downward slope.

I like him a lot, but we just don’t seem to do well with this sort of player.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
€20m? Are Barca stupid? Its like us asking for that for Pogba, it isn't going to happen as it makes no sense for player or buying club.

Barca just have to swallow the pill of a player not bending over backwards trying to help them.

KennyBurner

The annoying thing is I can imagine him going to a club like Liverpool or Bayern where he manages to get over his injuries and lives up to the early promise that he showed. I can equally imagine him coming to us and continuing on a downward slope.

Reminds me of Robben and all his injuries early on. Robben was a professional though.

Chief123

Basically Klopp and Pep are able to get the best out of players.

You could probably find a handful of ok players in premier league who Klopp could turn into world beaters.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Young players tend to grow up, just as other young people do. The playing computer games and coming late for training thing should not be referenced anymore unless it has been done recently.

Biggest issue is his fitness. He’s had plenty of spells where he has shown his devastating qualities at Barcelona.
The issue of injuries is worrying, but the worst thing is his decision making.

Status
Not open for further replies.