Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

Why on earth is he happy to just be isolated by Koeman like Bale was at Madrid for the last couple of years, did he not see the benefit of just extending his contract then being allowed to join us for a season with an option to buy
I would say his agent made that call. If it didn’t work out at United he would have been in exactly the same position he is in now. Remember we didn’t want to include an option to buy.

croadyman

I would say his agent made that call. If it didn’t work out at United he would have been in exactly the same position he is in now. Remember we didn’t want to include an option to buy.
Maybe we will go back with a permanent offer in January

reelworld

The same. Just get him and see what happens. People forget how talent he is (probably the best young dribbler on the planet) and we could benefit massively, he is more of a United player than he ever will be a Barca player.
I got a feeling that Dembele would flourish more in the current United set up than Sancho. I think Sancho is a system player and Dortmund, as a well oiled machine, able to exploit that to the max.
While Dembele pretty much a flair player who doesn't do well in a rigid system, but would do well if he got the freedom that Ole has given to the current attacking players at United

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Would not be surprised if back in for him in January...

Think we'll still go back for Sancho. He was always the priority with Dembele being someone we thought we could get on loan.

El-Manos

He sounds like a bit of a knob. That coupled with the reported attitude issues, I'd prefer he feck off to Juve.
Hopefully one of those youngsters we bought ends up being a fantastic footballer or we’re goosed for that RW position.

Jinn

Think we'll still go back for Sancho. He was always the priority with Dembele being someone we thought we could get on loan.
Yup, what I appreciated through out the whole Sancho saga, is that he never bad mouthed anybody. Well, I haven't read anything negative coming from his camp.

Mercurial

He sounds like a bit of a knob. That coupled with the reported attitude issues, I'd prefer he feck off to Juve.
By reports from various outlets he is a homely and meek fella, addiction to gaming and somewhat antisocial. Leading a mess of a life. His family are living with him and organizing him. Has issues organising himself. Sounds like some type of ADD or similar neuropsychiatric variety on speculation. Then again they used to say the same about Messi when he was emerging that he had autism light and he turned out great. Give the guy a great young team like ours, friendly coach like Ole and he might thrive and give us his best.

amolbhatia50k

Yup, what I appreciated through out the whole Sancho saga, is that he never bad mouthed anybody. Well, I haven't read anything negative coming from his camp.
One can only hope that Sancho has his mind up about joining United. Otherwise it'll be a very difficult deal to pull off.

On Dembele it's a much harder deal. If he does well this season then Barcelona will not sell. If he's poor then the risk for us is huge.

Holocene

By reports from various outlets he is a homely and meek fella, addiction to gaming and somewhat antisocial. Leading a mess of a life. His family are living with him and organizing him. Has issues organising himself. Sounds like some type of ADD or similar neuropsychiatric variety on speculation. Then again they used to say the same about Messi when he was emerging that he had autism light and he turned out great. Give the guy a great young team like ours, friendly coach like Ole and he might thrive and give us his best.
This has to be most Caf' post ever :lol:

Jinn

One can only hope that Sancho has his mind up about joining United. Otherwise it'll be a very difficult deal to pull off.

On Dembele it's a much harder deal. If he does well this season then Barcelona will not sell. If he's poor then the risk for us is huge.
I just don't get the feeling that Dembele wants to join us...

Jinn

You might be right, but who needs all that BS from a player. UTD have their own problems right now, we don't need to add to it.

amolbhatia50k

I just don't get the feeling that Dembele wants to join us...
Dortmund to United is a step up whereas that obviously isn't the case with Barcelona so one has to be careful. It can work of course like the players who left Madrid in the past. Just that it's one you have to get right as it could blow up in your face. I do think Dembele/Sancho are the level of players we should look at for RW and not players like Sarr.

Jinn

Dortmund to United is a step up whereas that obviously isn't the case with Barcelona so one has to be careful. It can work of course like the players who left Madrid in the past. Just that it's one you have to get right as it could blow up in your face. I do think Dembele/Sancho are the level of players we should look at for RW and not players like Sarr.
Definitely agree with this.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
This post :lol:

PoTMS

Thank God we didn't sign him. Still haven't forgiven him for the absolute disasterclass v Liverpool in the first leg of the CL semi finals. He would've sat on our injury table the whole time too. Reckon injuries will finish him and he'll end up being released by Barcelona after having no suitors, a bit like Umtiti.

Mercurial

This has to be most Caf' post ever :lol:
Glad you got a laugh out of it.
L'Équipe did an extensive article around his case. His countrymen are curious what went wrong with such a massive talent. Was pasted here higher up by another. He dieted on junk food and soda, (negative for muscle recovery) played unhealthy amounts of games to the extent his days got impacted noticeablyhard by teammates etc, faked illness, was sleep deprived (negative for muscle recovery) and missed training and even a match. It's also speculated he was trained the wrong way physically by Barca contributing to the tears and surgery. If the guy just has growing up to do and his injuries are behind him we would probably be a good club for a second chance with the youth profile, on some levels his career seem lost, at the prices quoted he would have had suitors by now trying to "fix him"

dinostar77

Glad you got a laugh out of it.
L'Équipe did an extensive article around his case. His countrymen are curious what went wrong with such a massive talent. Was pasted here higher up by another. He dieted on junk food and soda, (negative for muscle recovery) played unhealthy amounts of games to the extent his days got impacted noticeablyhard by teammates etc, faked illness, was sleep deprived (negative for muscle recovery) and missed training and even a match. It's also speculated he was trained the wrong way physically by Barca contributing to the tears and surgery. If the guy just has growing up to do and his injuries are behind him we would probably be a good club for a second chance with the youth profile, on some levels his career seem lost, at the prices quoted he would have had suitors by now trying to "fix him"
Sounds like a french Ravel Morrison. If he does go to Juventus they will sort him out. They found an underlying stomach issue for Patrice Evra that our medical team missed. Resolving that helped him play at a higher standard for a few more years.

Idxomer

The feckers at Juve are tapping him up for a free transfer from now.

Redcy

Looks like he is not all that fussed about playing this year, will struggle to get game time at Barca, especially as the Red caf have already determined that its Barca's training methods that have caused his injuries. Tbf I can see the attraction of sitting on my arse getting paid 200k a week to play FIFA.

jesperjaap

Apparently he wants to move to Juventus.:confused:
Comes as no suprise to me. Not seen him at Barca with all the injuries. At Dortmund though he was a fantastic player. Didnt have the end product assist wise like SAncho, rest of his game was every bit as good for me though and as someone else says in the thread, think he could have flourished here jsut as much as SAncho.

But he never really seemed that excited to come, more that he realised Barca no longer wanted him and was fed up. The whole saga from what I have read smacks of someone who decided time for him to move but then though he wanted more time to weigh up his options and choose the right team for him....if he feels that way, fair enough it obiously isnt us, he didnt want the move enough for me, so i dont want him as much as i rate him

Mercurial

Sounds like a french Ravel Morrison. If he does go to Juventus they will sort him out. They found an underlying stomach issue for Patrice Evra that our medical team missed. Resolving that helped him play at a higher standard for a few more years.
Sad case Morrison, so much unrealised potential.
Juventus clinic sound like the evolution of Milan Lab that instilled new life into their elephant graveyard roster. Juve bulked Ibrahimovic back in the day, to have him be more impactful and resilient against the constant muscle strains and was a big part in his evolution. But also Milan Lab's scandalous 'bad teeth' medical come to mind. Probably Juventus' version of it are more reputable than the Berlusconi hack clinic of old. Either way, hope he finds a way back to play regularly.

Monks_United

I think Dembele, in terms of quality and style of play would have been better for United than Sancho. However, his injury record is a risk and he seems to have this whole attitude issue where it seems like he isn't disciplined enough and believes he is better than he actually is. That alone makes me think he won't do well at a place like United. Much more likely that he does well in Italy or with PSG. I could see him come to United for eg. and give us a DiMaria mk 2

Reactions: golden_blunder

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
"Barca aren’t thrilled to have Dembele. Mundo say he has ‘little tactical understanding of the game’, doesn’t contribute enough defensively and isn’t ready to sacrifice himself for the team. Off the field issues, such as punctuality, just make the situation worse"....:rolleyes:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
You have to admire the way Juventus work in the transfer market. They have secured so many targets at minimal or no cost, simply by tapping them up years in advance and then jumping in when they're almost out of contract.

Its a smart way to build a really good team on the cheap.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Comes as no suprise to me. Not seen him at Barca with all the injuries. At Dortmund though he was a fantastic player. Didnt have the end product assist wise like SAncho, rest of his game was every bit as good for me though and as someone else says in the thread, think he could have flourished here jsut as much as SAncho.
I think that comparison is a bit flawed. Sancho's Dortmund is a much better team than Dembele's Dortmund, it's easier for him to gobble up goals and assists. In general comparing the two is a bit like apples and oranges. Dembele was a lot of hit and miss, but his hits were completely outrageous, Sancho keeps things simple, but as a result is much more consistent in his individual plays.
I think if you had to choose you would want Dembele when your team is struggling to dominate/create, like those games vs Bayern, Sancho gets a bit of stick for. Whereas if your team found found its rhythm you'd rather have Sancho.

On one hand Dembele would arguably be a much better fit than Sancho for United, since he can cope better with a RB that doesn't support him and he is much better at carving out something on his own, without the help of well organized positional play. But on the other hand the team is already playing with Pogba, Bruno and Matic in CM and the CBs aren't that rapid either, so if you throw in a winger who gives away the ball a lot and isn't interested in winning it back and you don't have a top level (gegen-)pressing system in place either, teams might just overrun you on the counter all the time.

Woodzy

"Barca aren’t thrilled to have Dembele. Mundo say he has ‘little tactical understanding of the game’, doesn’t contribute enough defensively and isn’t ready to sacrifice himself for the team. Off the field issues, such as punctuality, just make the situation worse"....:rolleyes:
Sounds like the sort of player we would want to sign on Deadline Day.

jesperjaap

I think that comparison is a bit flawed. Sancho's Dortmund is a much better team than Dembele's Dortmund, it's easier for him to gobble up goals and assists. In general comparing the two is a bit like apples and oranges. Dembele was a lot of hit and miss, but his hits were completely outrageous, Sancho keeps things simple, but as a result is much more consistent in his individual plays.
I think if you had to choose you would want Dembele when your team is struggling to dominate/create, like those games vs Bayern, Sancho gets a bit of stick for. Whereas if your team found found its rhythm you'd rather have Sancho.

On one hand Dembele would arguably be a much better fit than Sancho for United, since he can cope better with a RB that doesn't support him and he is much better at carving out something on his own, without the help of well organized positional play. But on the other hand the team is already playing with Pogba, Bruno and Matic in CM and the CBs aren't that rapid either, so if you throw in a winger who gives away the ball a lot and isn't interested in winning it back and you don't have a top level (gegen-)pressing system in place either, teams might just overrun you on the counter all the time.
I didnt say his game is exactly the same as Sancho, I said I thought bar the assisting aspect he was just as good as Sancho. Agree with a lot of what you say even if I think its over analysing. But you are pretty much actually saying Dembele would be better in this current United side than Sancho, something we will never know but I do disagree with, of course have to factor in the injury problems too.

Status
Not open for further replies.