Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classical Mechanic

Looking at his stats 4 of his 6 goals and assists this season have come against the champions of the Soproni League in the CL and he's essentially a squad player for Barca still with only two 90 minutes in his 11 games this season.

A fit, motivated Dembele is an Mbappe/Haaland tier talent. Worth the money for his fake shots alone.

Almost stealing him on the last day of the window will go down as one of those big nearly moments. I hope we're back for him in January/Summer, but I think we missed our chance.

WokoTheGreat

Supports
Barca
He’s playing left sided on that video
He's probably the most two-footed player in the world. The guy doesn't have a weaker foot. He's naturally left footed and dribbles slightly better with his left foot but takes penalties with his right. The RW is his best position but when a player is that two-footed then it doesn't matter which flank that they play on.

Reactions: golden_blunder

croadyman

He's probably the most two-footed player in the world. The guy doesn't have a weaker foot. He's naturally left footed and dribbles slightly better with his left foot but takes penalties with his right. The RW is his best position but when a player is that two-footed then it doesn't matter which flank that they play on.
Hard to see them letting him leave with the injury to Fati

seegoblu

Hard to see them letting him leave with the injury to Fati
If recent reports are correct, Barca may not have a choice...financially speaking. Their interim president is ringing the alarm bells about the precarious position the club is in. They may HAVE to sell assets to reduce payroll and raise money for basic operations.

Giggsy13

This ship has thankfully sailed. Time to move on to better players who actually want to join us.

Redcy

He should go to Bayern to receive their Robben-treatment. If Robben could be fixed so Dembele can as well.

Except that Robben played a lot more games than Dembele even when he was injured, to the point that they are no where near comparable. Robben is often quoted in these types of dicussions, yet he still played about 60% of Chelsea's games when he had his bad seasons.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
And Pep and his magic doctor aren't at Bayern anymore either.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They found the cause of his ailments (back or hip if i recall correctly) and it got a lot better though.
In 10 seasons he played over 40 games once. Over 35 4 times. In the league he only managed more than 2/3 of the games 4 times

They may have found the issue, but Robben still got injured a lot

justsomebloke

I really hope we dont't bring him in. His injury history, attitude issues and apparent relative lack of interest in playing for United looks like a pretty toxic blend to me.

Chief123

Greenwood is the most two footed player in the world.

drmuji

I like him. He can be a good buy for very less money than certain Mr. Sancho. And him, Diallo and Facundo can be very good combination for squad options.
I dont remember a better two footed player who can play across the line. People are talking about his injury record, Shaw has terrible record but with squad options this season, it doesn't affect us at all. So, I think using him "properly" will just make us much better

Oranges038

Why would any one want to sign a player that has spent almost half of the last 4 years out with injury?
What has this lad ever even done to warrant any interest or the reputation he seems to have?

It's totally insane to even suggest it in my opinion.

dinostar77

I think the ship has sailed on Dembele. Facundo and Diallo will need game time by next season and if we go in and get Sancho next summer then there is no room for Dembele.

dinostar77

Do you think we are still getting sancho? I think that ship has sailed too
I dont know, you can never tell with Utd. Facundo and Diallo are the future on the wings and hopefully they get chances and take them when they get games. Sancho isnt having the best season with dortmund and if Dortmund stick to their valuation then he wont be moving. However you could see Utd moving for him as hes an established player and it gives Diallo and Facundo time to develop without pressure. BUT i dont see utd spending on Sancho and buying 3 wingers in space of twelve months.

Personally id rather the money was spent on a long term striker, a CB partner for maguire who makes up for his short comings.

drmuji

I dont know, you can never tell with Utd. Facundo and Diallo are the future on the wings and hopefully they get chances and take them when they get games. Sancho isnt having the best season with dortmund and if Dortmund stick to their valuation then he wont be moving. However you could see Utd moving for him as hes an established player and it gives Diallo and Facundo time to develop without pressure. BUT i dont see utd spending on Sancho and buying 3 wingers in space of twelve months.

Personally id rather the money was spent on a long term striker, a CB partner for maguire who makes up for his short comings.
I completely agree with you. Even 80 million for Sancho will be too much. However, ousmane can be a bargain soon. He has 18 months on contract left, and he is performing very well this season. He is very two footed and wants to take on defenders, which is very good asset to have against teams playing in low blocks. And barca need to sell as well for Depay and others. This one actually makes sense

NoLogo

Why would any one want to sign a player that has spent almost half of the last 4 years out with injury?
What has this lad ever even done to warrant any interest or the reputation he seems to have?

It's totally insane to even suggest it in my opinion.
Exactly. The guy is made of glass and mentally weak, exactly the kind of player we should stay miles away from.

Alemar

Loan him with an option to buy, anything other would not be worth it. He has the talent but he also has the injuries....
No, just stay away from him (as also from all and any other players who are proven to be injury prone and at the same time highly paid).

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
Bursting with talent but it means nothing because poor attitude and lack of application/professionalism plus being permacrocked means he’ll be a huge risk for anyone who takes a punt on him.

At this point as the buying club you’d probably be unwilling to pay more than a £20m fee and you’d be asking him to take a significant pay cut from his Barca wages too because you can fully expect him to a) spend large parts of the season injured and b) he may spend large chunks of the rest of the season eating junk food, playing video games instead of sleeping overnight, hanging out with his ‘entourage’ rather than training, either not turning up to training or turning up an hour late for a 3hr session, etc.

Basically all the behaviour he’s displayed at Barca.

Irrational.

Missed a golden opportunity to score when Barca were leading before the opposition roared back and battered them. Now where have I seen this before? He’s just not ruthless enough to be a top level player, mentality is all wrong.

GoldanoGraham

Didn’t see much of him at all v PSG - he didn’t track back, fluffed his only chance and generally didn’t get involved.

think he is a great natural talent but has a terrible injury record and doesn’t look like he has the kind of attitude we want.

Big wages and and a liability. Not for us thanks.

Pep's Suit

He's a joke, genuinely looks like a midtabke player these days. If you told me he's a Newcastle player I'd believe you.

dinostar77

In the right system, with good coaching he could be a productive player. Crazy that the summer they signed him, PSG signed Mbappe. Barcelona really got that wrong.

davidmichael

I just don’t think Dembele has the right mindset to be a top player in a top team, last night was the first time I’ve watched him in a long time and he seems like he thought having all that natural talent would be enough but he’ll end up a wasted talent and after Barca he’ll tumble down the league to a mid table team.

croadyman

I just don’t think Dembele has the right mindset to be a top player in a top team, last night was the first time I’ve watched him in a long time and he seems like he thought having all that natural talent would be enough but he’ll end up a wasted talent and after Barca he’ll tumble down the league to a mid table team.
Yeah I wonder if there are Martial vibes about him a bit

beingshe7don

Yeah I wonder if there are Martial vibes about him a bit
I've been a huge proponent of Dembele and I like Martial as well but I feel both players need a change of environment in order to better themselves. There's a lot of bad vibes around Barcelona at the moment. Martial on the other hand is too languid in his nature and desire to score goals and win trophies. I think Martial would perhaps perform much better in a Dortmund team compared to United in the PL where the competition is intense.

Status
Not open for further replies.