Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Offer him a mediocre wage and pay as you play to make up the rest. If hes injured he gets a bit of money but as much as our squad players, if he's fit and playing he gets substantial money
Don't offer him nothing. Don't go near the guy!

Houdini

Alvarez over this guy any day of the week. This is the Falcao, Sanchez, Schweinsteiger etc. type of deal. Big wages and high risk, injury prone. No thanks.

Stadjer

Offer him a mediocre wage and pay as you play to make up the rest. If hes injured he gets a bit of money but as much as our squad players, if he's fit and playing he gets substantial money
He would never accept that obivously, that is a good thing since he isnt worth the wages in my opinion. Already injured all the time at Barcelona so he likely wouldnt be any less injured here. On his day he cant be stopped but those days are not often.

captaincantona

I’d take Sarr at a third of the price...thanks. No sense replacing Martial with the multiverse version of Injured Martial.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
There is literally no point in signing Dembele, we have talent in the academy that can outpace his Barcelona production.

He's scored 6 in 30 and 8 in 29 in two full seasons, the third he's spent injured and he's not scored in La Liga in 6 appearances this season.

What in gods name has this guy done to deserve a big paycheck? Give it to the cleaning staff at Old Trafford if you want to give away cash.

RUCK4444

There is literally no point in signing Dembele, we have talent in the academy that can outpace his Barcelona production.

He's scored 6 in 30 and 8 in 29 in two full seasons, the third he's spent injured and he's not scored in La Liga in 6 appearances this season.

What in gods name has this guy done to deserve a big paycheck? Give it to the cleaning staff at Old Trafford if you want to give away cash.
Yeah not to mention he has poor discipline and turns up to training late etc.

Barca would do well to get rid if they can get a decent fee for him. Let’s not help them.

SAFMUTD

That fact that many of us fear that we might actually be interested talks a lot about how poor we think our board is.

Awful injury record, poor attitude and bang average performances. I don't see a single reason why should we be interested.

Ekeke

He would never accept that obivously, that is a good thing since he isnt worth the wages in my opinion. Already injured all the time at Barcelona so he likely wouldnt be any less injured here. On his day he cant be stopped but those days are not often.
He would if thats the best offer he gets

Ekeke

Don't offer him nothing. Don't go near the guy!
He started 19 games in la liga last season with another 11 off the bench.

I completely understand that his lack of fitness and playing time has seen his value drastically decrease as it should. But being available for 25 league games it would be worth having someone that talented with the right economic deal in place so that if hes injured for a sustained period we dont have him on superstar wages making all his money at our expense. It just needs to be worked so that if he isnt available he isnt making a lot and if he isnt picked, he's not making huge money. That way even if he is putting himself forward to play when he isnt really fit and not really performing, he can be dropped from the team and he isnt raking in all the money.

So I absolutely think theres a deal that could be done for him to replace Martial as someone to compete for a starting place, but there are also other deals we could do for other players instead.

I will say that I dont think its out of the realms of possibility than in 2 years time he's playing on a weekly basis and starring for a top club, delivering on some of the hype he had before his Barcelona move. And at that point he'd only be 26...

AndySmith1990

Nah, I refuse to believe we're that stupid. He'd end up being another overpaid mercenary no-effort wanker.

::sonny::

He is a super player, always injured, sometimes he is unstoppable, as a free agent could be a good signing

Mainoldo

What is this sentence?! What would you define as a bad attitude from the perspective of a football club?
Not being punctual is nowhere in life classed as a bad attitude. A bad attitude is just that. A bad attitude.

Last edited:

Abraxas

Not being punctual is nowhere in life classes as a bad attitude. A bad attitude is just that. A bad attitude.
Nowhere in your life maybe, I would think quite a few people would have a problem with their employee not turning up on time and may question their attitude.

Not turning up on time doesn't just materialise out of thin air. It is connected towards your attitude towards other people and respecting their time, and connected to your own decision making and commitment to obligations you have agreed to. When you contravene what you have agreed to that at the very least speaks to your attitude towards these things, if not your wider character. I.e. a bad attitude from the employer's viewpoint and probably also the fans who invest in a football club.

Your distinction between attitude and professionalism makes no sense at all. They are entwined.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
And that clip of himself and Griezmann slagging off the Chinese in their hotel room? “We were just talking street” was his apology. He’s another perma injured man child. We currently are well stocked in overly expensive technical players/celebrities with no heart. Do not want. Given our current issues If we do sign him I think I need to take a break from football for the good of my sanity.

Last edited:

Mainoldo

Nowhere in your life maybe, I would think quite a few people would have a problem with their employee not turning up on time and may question their attitude.

Not turning up on time doesn't just materialise out of thin air. It is connected towards your attitude towards other people and respecting their time, and connected to your own decision making and commitment to obligations you have agreed to. When you contravene what you have agreed to that at the very least speaks to your attitude towards these things, if not your wider character. I.e. a bad attitude from the employer's viewpoint and probably also the fans who invest in a football club.

Your distinction between attitude and professionalism makes no sense at all. They are entwined.
Yeah if your just robotic and dim. Normally people will put it down to someone’s poor time keeping.

If they are rude towards others and demonstrate acts of petulance then maybe they have a bad attitude.

Certains players thrown there arms around on the pitch and walk off without clapping fans. We don’t say they have a bad attitude now do we.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Wants to be paid an absolute fortune and always injured? Sounds right up our street.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
If we’ve learned anything at all from the past 8 years, we should be tossing our phone into the shipping canal whenever his agents number pops up.

dinostar77

I reckon his agent is using Utd's name to try to secure better terms for Dembele or get him better deal elsewhere. He'd be mad to leave Barcelona and if he did somewhere like Bayern would be a better bet. After all they got the best out of a injury prone Arjen Robben so could do same with Dembele.

What Dembele still has in his favour though, is the untapped potential to be a world beater and unlock low block defences. However what he's delivered on the pitch for Barcelona is very different to the potential he has/had.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Barcelona wants to extend his contract. Why would he accept lesser terms else where? He wants a pay raise. Whether u think he deserves it is another story.

beingshe7don

Ex-Rennes attackers are all the rage. Skip the middle man and go for Sulemana or Doku
Kamaldeen Sulemana is someone we should be tracking. He offers a direct style of play and is explosive. I could see him doing well in the PL. We need to get rid of the deadwood first. I really hope we have Lingard, Martial moved on with folks like Alvarez and possibly another lethal striker with phenomenal holdup play come in.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They tell him he's better than Mbappé then act scandalized and pissed when he asks for Mbappé money :D

Pickle85

Yeah if your just robotic and dim. Normally people will put it down to someone’s poor time keeping.

If they are rude towards others and demonstrate acts of petulance then maybe they have a bad attitude.

Certains players thrown there arms around on the pitch and walk off without clapping fans. We don’t say they have a bad attitude now do we.
No, bad timekeeping can absolutely be symptomatic of a bad attitude. You'd have to be dim to insist it couldn't.

Partridge

No thankyou. He would literally be a massive liability. Also, when you add in his ridiculous wages, (including his apparent current demands from barca), he is absolutely not worth it. Period.

Mainoldo

No, bad timekeeping can absolutely be symptomatic of a bad attitude. You'd have to be dim to insist it couldn't.
Cool. Well Ronaldo and Bruno’s continuous petulance on the pitch and walking off after the game shows they have a bad attitude too.

Bondi77

Elanga and Rashford are the only ones with genuine pace on the wings but the last thing we need is another sulking French player on the books.

Oranges038

Not being punctual is nowhere in life classed as a bad attitude. A bad attitude is just that. A bad attitude.
There's not a job in the world where consistently showing up late or not all wouldn't be perceived as having a bad attitude. Especially when it's known you've been up all night playing video games.

Mainoldo

There's not a job in the world where consistently showing up late or not all wouldn't be perceived as having a bad attitude. Especially when it's known you've been up all night playing video games.
That’s not a bad attitude. We need to stop using these overused negative narratives.

The guy has poor punctuality that’s it.

Status
Not open for further replies.