Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oranges038

That’s not a bad attitude. We need to stop using these overused negative narratives.

The guy has poor punctuality that’s it.
He is a highly paid professional footballer with an incredibly poor injury record. Who spends his nights up playing video games.
Who doesn't show up for training because he forgot it was on or was late because he forgot the time.

And you think that is just poor punctuality?

If you employed someone who was sick a lot, didn't do the job they were being paid to properly, didn't show up for work some days or were late a lot because they were up all night playing video games and forgot they had to work or forgot the time.

You'd think, it's ok, they just have poor punctuality, it's not their fault they can't get to bed on time and remember they have to go to work at a certain time. Would you accept it and just let them away with it? You seriously wouldn't think there was something else wrong?

Or let's say if you knew that's exaclty what a person was like would you even consider hiring them?

non profit football

Supports
Chelsea
I only see two options for Dembélé, PSG and Newcastle, but what Barcelona were trying to do with him is so ridiculous.

They wanted to renew with him with a wage cut to sell the player in the next transfer window.

Dembélé is not that dumb.

Mainoldo

He is a highly paid professional footballer with an incredibly poor injury record. Who spends his nights up playing video games.
Who doesn't show up for training because he forgot it was on or was late because he forgot the time.

And you think that is just poor punctuality?

If you employed someone who was sick a lot, didn't do the job they were being paid to properly, didn't show up for work some days or were late a lot because they were up all night playing video games and forgot they had to work or forgot the time.

You'd think, it's ok, they just have poor punctuality, it's not their fault they can't get to bed on time and remember they have to go to work at a certain time. Would you accept it and just let them away with it? You seriously wouldn't think there was something else wrong?

Or let's say if you knew that's exaclty what a person was like would you even consider hiring them?
I get all that. I just need someone to again explain to me how that is bad attitude? He just sounds abit dem. Like most footballers.

hobbers

I get all that. I just need someone to again explain to me how that is bad attitude? He just sounds abit dem. Like most footballers.
Most footballers show up to training and their other commitments on time.

Mainoldo

Most footballers show up to training and their other commitments on time.
So can you confirm Dembele always turns up late for training? Like all the time? Or
Did it happen a few times and was reported?

I mean Verrati at PSG is know to party all the time, has come back a few times for pre season over weight and always injured.

But I’m sure we would have him if up for grabs. I just don’t like bad stigmas associated to certain ‘type’ of footballers when a lot of them are a bad bunch. “Bad attitude” being the most common and as I’ve already said… inappropriately used. So I wish people would just stop over egging it as it’s pure ignorance.

Oranges038

You need it explained to you how staying up all night playing video games and missing/ forgetting about training or being late, all whilst being paid several hundred thousand a week is having a bad attitude and not just plain old stupidity?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Everything described above has nothing to do with intelligence and everything to do with attitude.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I do wonder if the rumours of Cavani going to Barca, would see some crazy swap deal with Dembele?

That aside, even on a free, I am not convinced he fit's the profile of the player we need. We are stacked with players who can play on the right hand side, Greenwood, Sancho, Amad, (Occasionally Rashford) with further talent waiting in the wings. He's made of Balsa wood and by all accounts he lacks a good work ethic which this squad is crying out for.

Makes no sense at all him coming to United.

Mainoldo

You need it explained to you how staying up all night playing video games and missing/ forgetting about training or being late, all whilst being paid several hundred thousand a week is having a bad attitude and not just plain old stupidity?
But it’s the same story. So how many times has he been late for training playing video games? Infact How many times this season has that happened?

Oranges038

But it’s the same story. So how many times has he been late for training playing video games? Infact How many times this season has that happened?
Often enough for the club to fine him 90k for it last year. Which I think was for being late again and also arriving whilst driving on his mobile

Often enough for them to try and control his late night gaming and pizza eating by offering him a private chef. Which he refused.

And it has at least 3 times already under Xavi.

Mainoldo

Often enough for the club to fine him 90k for it last year. Which I think was for being late again and also arriving whilst driving on his mobile

Often enough for them to try and control his late night gaming and pizza eating by offering him a private chef. Which he refused.

And it has at least 3 times already under Xavi.
All that but yet they wanted to keep him :lol:

Oranges038

All that but yet they wanted to keep him :lol:
Only because they are a financial mess, they paid 130m for him and have no money to buy a replacement so it's easier on the money to get him on a new deal than lose him for free.

No top club, especially not Utd should go anywhere near him.

Mainoldo

Only because they are a financial mess, they paid 130m for him and have no money to buy a replacement so it's easier on the money to get him on a new deal than lose him for free.

Mate they’ve just brought Ferran Torres.

They are trying to keep him because they want him to stay. Not no master plan of recouping money on him.

Oranges038

Mate they’ve just brought Ferran Torres.

They are trying to keep him because they want him to stay. Not no master plan of recouping money on him.
Sure it is. They only want him to stay because of what he delivers on the pitch.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Someone is going to overpay for a FIFA player that will never reach his potential on the field

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I could see PSG being silly enough to go for him if Mbappe goes. He would make Veratti look like iron man, but PSG have enough money tied up to players who get injured/suspended at the worse times, they don't need to add Dembele to the list.

It's strange though how his injury issues only really started once he came to Barcelona. Granted he only had two and a half professional seasons before then, but he had no issues at Dortmund or Rennes before. One of the most talented players I've seen in a long time, but pretty much hopeless fitness-wise, and he's not shown much progress whether it's on the mental aspect of the game or certain attributes on the field, which isn't surprising given how little he has actually played in the last 4 years.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
105 million with 40 million in add ons. He has probably paid back 5 million of that.

On top of the griezman and Coutino transfers.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He’s got a bad attitude because he like video games?
If it means not showing up prepared for work, then yes.

It's not necessarily about the video gaming per se as much as the prioritisation of that above his professional commitments.

Pearl.Jam

Before Ralf I’d have been shitting myself that our club would once again blow stupid money on a guy that has no business in a club in dire need of a new direction..if this is approved then it simply means we’ve learned sod all, think the links are bollocks to be honest

lloyd2wayne

Have no money to buy a replacement but yet bought Ferran Torres few days ago who’s also a winger. I’m confused

Andersons Dietician

He’s still a weird one. On his day and fit. He is one of the best players in the world. But same old story, injury prone and not consistent. Although he has saved Barcas asses a few times recently has he not.

NewYorkRed

He’s extremely talented. He’s also made of glass. As much as I love him when he’s fit, he usually isn’t. We should stay away.

Will say though, when he was fit and flying at dortmund he was arguably the most fun watch in Europe. Just absurdly good.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I am kind of interest which clubs are interested in his service in summer. He is obviously talented as a winger but injury prone, unprofessional, and wants a high salary. His stats for the past 4 seasons are nothing to brag about either. He will run down his next contract as well which is fine but something to keep in mind.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Some stories today about Tuchel pushing hard for Dembele. I imagine we could see a summer where Ziyech leaves, possibly Werner too, but I'm not really sold on Dembele. Bags of talent but his injury record is even worse than Pulisic's.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Some stories today about Tuchel pushing hard for Dembele. I imagine we could see a summer where Ziyech leaves, possibly Werner too, but I'm not really sold on Dembele. Bags of talent but his injury record is even worse than Pulisic's.
One thing for sure is only Man City/United, Chelsea and Newcastle can afford his salary in EPL. He is a handful to manage though.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
One thing for sure is only Man City/United, Chelsea and Newcastle can afford his salary in EPL. He is a handful to manage though.
Poking around the internet to find what his currently salary is, it's seems to be around £285k a week, which would make him our 3rd highest earner, just below Kante. That's quite a bit more than what I'd want him pay a player of his profile and injury record. He'd probably want a lot more than that too considering he's a free agent in the summer.

Gordon S

If Martial, Pogba and Lingard are not here for next season, maybe we need another talented dickhead to either love or hate?

Imagine Rashford, Dembele and Greenwood taking turns running into blind alleys with the ball while the other two are waving their arms and screaming for the pass :drool:

MadMike

Imagine Rashford, Dembele and Greenwood taking turns running into blind alleys with the ball while the other two are waving their arms and screaming for the pass :drool:
I might just stop watching football altogether if that happens

Robertd0803

If Martial, Pogba and Lingard are not here for next season, maybe we need another talented dickhead to either love or hate?

Jesus Christ its bad enough watching Greenwood and Rashford totally ignore each other on the pitch without adding the muppet who is indirectly responsible for Liverpool winning the CL a few years ago. (Assuming Dembele was ever fit enough to play to begin with).

I think all our heads might explode watching that every week.

RoyH1

With that injury record of his, I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

Someone

Something
Even if we assume he'll never be injured again, the last thing we need is someone with that attitude. He barely had any impact for Barca after they paid a fortune for him, and he still thinks he deserves to be paid like a world class player? Based on what exactly?

Some modern players are shameless. We need to stay away from this.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Poking around the internet to find what his currently salary is, it's seems to be around £285k a week, which would make him our 3rd highest earner, just below Kante. That's quite a bit more than what I'd want him pay a player of his profile and injury record. He'd probably want a lot more than that too considering he's a free agent in the summer.
He is allegedly asking Barca for £640k pw for his renewal…

Status
Not open for further replies.