Outgoings - 2022 edition (how many will leave?)

Crick

Well like I said in my previous post, we don't need to include a fee if we don't want to, the upfront money is less significant than protecting our interests on the back end which we cannot do if we simply release him. I would not haggle over the difference between 200k and 300k but I would want us to be proactive and ask for a decent percentage of any sell on fee. We are entitled to expect that having spent resources on developing him and it is quite possible even if you think it unlikely that he could move on in a couple of years for a decent fee. Say we let him go for a nominal fee and negotiate a 25% sell on fee and he moves in a couple of years to a mid tier PL side for 20M then we would be in line for a 5M windfall. It may very well not happen but it does not hurt us to hedge against the possibility that it does and if we let Dundee United get him for next to nothing they can hardly complain about a clause that still lets them keep the majority of any future fee from a player they got for next to nothing.
20M :lol::lol::lol:. 20M for Levitt in a few years???? The same 25% sell on fee in the deal we arranged with Zaha? A massively better player than Levitt, that we never saw. The same sell on fee that always complicated negotiations for Crystal Palace when they were trying to sell him so he remained at Crystal Palace when he should have moved to a higher level 3 years ago. In principle you are right but these things rarely come off and in this case he isn't good enough to bother and we shouldn't add complications that could restrict his career as it has done for Zaha. So many young players don't make it. He has a chance to start his at Dundee, we shouldn't do anything that could hinder it.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Players with expiring contracts will leave. We may give Jones and Martial a payoff if we can't find a buyer. And it sounds like AWB is on the transfer list.

Other than that, we keep hearing how ETH wants to give the players another chance. So it sounds like everyone's staying, even the remainder of the deadwood.

Gandalf

20M :lol::lol::lol:. 20M for Levitt in a few years???? The same 25% sell on fee in the deal we arranged with Zaha? A massively better player than Levitt, that we never saw. The same sell on fee that always complicated negotiations for Crystal Palace when they were trying to sell him so he remained at Crystal Palace when he should have moved to a higher level 3 years ago. In principle you are right but these things rarely come off and in this case he isn't good enough to bother and we shouldn't add complications that could restrict his career as it has done for Zaha. So many young players don't make it. He has a chance to start his at Dundee, we shouldn't do anything that could hinder it.
Ok I think I have you figured out. You don't have anything constructive to say nor any cogent argument against the points I am making so you are going to keep throwing out mockery and sarcasm. You don't rate Levitt, good for you but then it begs the question why are you bothering to waste your limited posts per day in a thread about him? In a world where a complete non entity like Rhian Brewster was sold for 23.5M it is hardly outlandish to suggest a player who has already achieved more could sell for 20M in a couple of years if his current trajectory continues. I have not at any point claimed this will happen, I only speculated that it could happen but apparently you are a transfer expert on the same level of Paul Mitchell and you know for a fact that it won't.

BlueHaze

Current list of players who have left.

Grant
Matic
Lingard
Pogba
Cavani
Mata

Did I miss anyone?

Brophs

The One and Only
I presume it’s a positive thing that in our tributes to the players who are leaving we have to say things like “Actually, ACTUALLY, he was really good for France in the World Cup that time” and “He’s one of the nicest men in football. Hugs” and “I’ll never forget that goal he scored in the cup final in 2016”.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Seems Telles has been added to the discarded list.

rbnZz

According to 1908.nl Feyenoord is interested in Chong.

Hughie77

Left to go. Jones (something tells me he stays). Bially, Pereira can go, AWB imo will stay at least this season unless they get another RB. Telles could be moved on after we got TM . Brandon Williams could be sold as well as a few more fringe players .

croadyman

Left to go. Jones (something tells me he stays). Bially, Pereira can go, AWB imo will stay at least this season unless they get another RB. Telles could be moved on after we got TM . Brandon Williams could be sold as well as a few more fringe players .
Yeah I see AWB staying until we sign a RB who offers something similar on that side to Malacia