Owen Hargreaves | 2009/10 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lester Freamon

Aka Caveman
From what I saw today, Hargreaves haven't been injured at all, he's just been sleeping for 18 months and Ferguson finally managed to wake him up five minuted before the game. He looked like a fecking hobo!

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Great to see him back on the pitch, even if it was for a couple of seconds.

Fergie obviously did that to get his 'return' out of the way.

Tribec

I just hope Capello doesn't get any ideas.
I dunno, he's in need of some minutes, rather than seconds before the start of next season. Also judging by his foot perfect performance yesterday he'd do a better job for Ingerlund than Stevie G would. right now. ;)

The Flying Potato

in with a shout for england
Im sorry...what?

Dont get me wrong, I love Hargreaves, hes my favourite player, but come on, he hasnt played a propper game for nearly two years and has only just made his first first team appearence in the same amount of time for a matter of seconds and yet, with one game of the season left which he wont start in and would be lucky to get half hour game time you think hes ready to compeat in the biggest tournament in football?

As much as I love Hargreaves, the WC is out of his reach

wr8_utd

:'(
I dunno, he's in need of some minutes, rather than seconds before the start of next season. Also judging by his foot perfect performance yesterday he'd do a better job for Ingerlund than Stevie G would. right now. ;)
Yeah atleast he knows which side he is attacking and who is in his team :mad:

redpie

But he wont play against Stoke, at best hell come on with 10 mins to go if we a re 3-0 up
About right. Might come on a bit earlier 2nd half if Chelsea are raping Wigan and all is lost for the title.
Probably would have to score a free-kick or something to catch Capello's eye.
In reality it isn't going to happen but I'm just one of those Man Utd fans who would like to see the most United players possible playing in the World Cup.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Three months until his next competitive appearance.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
With only 12 months left on his contract he's close to a Bosman.

I would imagine he'll see if he can get a place back next season, if not he'll go for a signing-on fee in his pocket, United won't get anything.

Tribec

With only 12 months left on his contract he's close to a Bosman.

I would imagine he'll see if he can get a place back next season, if not he'll go for a signing-on fee in his pocket, United won't get anything.
I think United will look at how he does next year. If it's another struggle perhaps they'll consider letting him go, but I would guess that they'll offer another 1 year deal next year, with an appearance based pay structure similar to Owen's and then look at the situation during the off season. They looked after Ole and Neville, and I can see them doing the same to Hargreaves due to his age and also the extent of his situation. We haven't heard much from Hargreaves over the past 2 years or so, he's stayed very quiet whilst he's fought to save his career. However, I suspect he'll want to show some loyalty to United, rather than go looking else where unless it really is obvious that he's finished and if that's the case he'll probably retire rather than go else where lower down the league or even to the MLS.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
From F365

He told the club's official website: "I've missed two seasons and I'm disappointed about that. But I'm 29 and hopefully I've got another six to eight years left in me.
I love how optimistic players are when it comes to their longevity in the game, can anyone really see him playing at 37?

Status
Not open for further replies.