Owen Hargreaves | 2010/11 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

prateik

please please be fit soon

i just want to see him play again

MPTutd

He has officially been included in our 25 man squad. Official site now confirms it.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
It means nothing really. No one has missed out as a result so it's no surprise he's been included.

I bet he isn't included in the 25man squad for the CL.

Kelvin

Hargreaves makes Reds squad

All of United's players - barring those currently out on loan - are eligible to play for the Reds in the Premier League this season.

Sir Alex Ferguson, and his fellow top-flight manager's had until 17:00 BST on Wednesday 1 September to submit a squad of a maximum of 25 players* to the Premier League.

There had been some media debate as to whether Hargreaves, still currently receiving treatment in the US for a tendonitis problem that his limited him to one substitute appearance since September 2008, would make the final squad. But he has been included.

United's Champions League squad has also been submitted to UEFA, European football's governing body, and now has to be verified before being confirmed.

*Premier League rules state that each club must submit a squad, maximum 25 players, containing eight home-grown players (players trained in England or Wales for 36 months before the age of 21), with an additional unlimited number of players aged 21 or under on 1 January that year.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It means nothing really. No one has missed out as a result so it's no surprise he's been included.

I bet he isn't included in the 25man squad for the CL.
Sums it up pretty well. If he was omitted despte being only 24 in the sqaud then it might have been a story.

1211+subs

Hope it gives Hargo a real buzz and the enthusiasm to get back soon, but personally I think it is not going to happen. Hargo is the modern Ian Storey-Moore imho.

OneUnited24

I think that was a mistake by Scott the Red - he must have meant Michael Owen (big horse guy right?). Be weird if he was back and we hadn't heard about it.
Ditto and only 2 weeks ago (before the fulham match) he was asked a question about OH to which he replied "hes still in the states and i dont know when he'll be back"

I know in 2 weeks he may have returned but i doubt SAF would choose not to mention it

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I think that was a mistake by Scott the Red - he must have meant Michael Owen (big horse guy right?). Be weird if he was back and we hadn't heard about it.
It was Hargreaves coz

After attending Chester Races, John O’Shea, Jonny Evans and Owen Hargreaves went out for a bite to eat at Players in Hale Barns. The all important City vs Spurs game was on the TV screens and there were quite a lot of blues in. Without wanting to draw attention to themselves by jumping up, all three players were beaming when Peter Crouch scored the winner, with O’Shea clenching his fists under the table.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Well he was only included because we had 24 players, didn't sign anyone else and Fergie probably thought "might as well fill up the squad". Fergie himself admitted until last weekend he had doubts weather Hargreaves should be included. Not really the greatest of morale boosts.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
when and if he comes back, what kind of reception do you think he will get at Old Trafford?

Cheers? Silence/Indifference? Booos (God forbid)

Force of Nature

Undoubtedly a massive cheer, it will partly be ironic of course, but that's all in good humour. No chance he will be greeted with boos, it's not like its his fault.

I wonder what would happen if he came back towards the end of the season, at that time he could only expect reserve matches, but if he was to perform well in those I could see the club offering him a new contract that would be pretty much purely pay as you play, would he accept, or would he go a club that would be willing to take a risk and offer him a short term deal with decent money?

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Did you honestly believe he was going to be back in 3 weeks?

It's been a running joke now for almost a year...
I just stopped looking for stories relating to Hargreaves..... just a moment of naivety :(

Devilton

I just stopped looking for stories relating to Hargreaves..... just a moment of naivety :(
probably a good thing.

Updates on Hargreaves footballing progress (or lack thereoff) just leads to depression and a great deal of wistful sighing...

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
DuckerTheTimes

On Hargreaves, I was told he could barely walk for a week after playing 45mins for the reserves in March. Kind of worrying isn't it .. #MUFC
Find that somewhat hard to believe, but who knows.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
Well he was only included because we had 24 players, didn't sign anyone else and Fergie probably thought "might as well fill up the squad". Fergie himself admitted until last weekend he had doubts weather Hargreaves should be included. Not really the greatest of morale boosts.
I think the PL rules state that you can't have less than 25 registered player if you have 25 or more players over 21 who could be registered. (was mentioned by Steve Bibby on twitter yesterday). If that is the case, than the inclusion of Hargreaves is even less remarkable, as it would mean we HAD to register him, no choice to not do so.

GCHQ

Glazer Crevice Headquarters
Sir Alex Ferguson, Ben Foster, Hayley McQueen.....
I think the PL rules state that you can't have less than 25 registered player if you have 25 or more players over 21 who could be registered. (was mentioned by Steve Bibby on twitter yesterday). If that is the case, than the inclusion of Hargreaves is even less remarkable, as it would mean we HAD to register him, no choice to not do so.
That's correct. So sadly Hargreaves' inclusion means nothing and it seems likely that he won't make the CL squad.

dev1l

Owen Hargreaves 'closing in on return'
By Simon Austin

Owen Hargreaves
Hargreaves has endured a frustrating three years at Old Trafford

Owen Hargreaves has made an excellent recovery from a career-threatening knee injury and could soon be back, says the knee surgeon he has been working with.

Hargreaves has not started a Manchester United game since September 2008 and many feared his career could be over.

But the renowned Dr Richard Steadman told BBC Sport: "Things are looking good for Owen, it's all worked out.

"He's close to playing fitness, although it's obviously up to United to decide when he plays a match."

Steadman, who has previously worked with Ruud van Nistelrooy, Michael Owen and Alan Shearer, operated on Hargreaves in 2009.

The 29-year-old midfielder has since made several visits to Steadman's clinic in Vale, Colorado, as he continued his recovery from the surgery.

Steadman, who rarely gives interviews, explained: "The problem was with the tendon attached to the patella on each knee, which is difficult to resolve.

I always find the Premier League guys a pleasure to work with. They just never give up

Dr Richard Steadman

"After the surgery, the key was rest and working hard on recovery. Owen has spent a lot of time with us here in Colorado and he just has such a great work ethic.

"He's never given up and we never gave up on him. The recovery was arduous and took a long time.

"But Owen is a patient patient and his condition looks promising now. You can't rush this type of injury and have to be very patient.

"He was with us a few weeks ago and is doing really well though. He was sprinting, twisting and turning."

Hargreaves was named in United's 25-man Premier League squad, but left out of their Champions League squad.

Steadman paid tribute to the work his colleague Luke O'Brien has done with the midfielder.

"Luke has a lot of experience with Major League Soccer and understands footballers and the demands placed on them.

BBC Sport - Football - Owen Hargreaves 'closing in on return'

Mick1991

It's great to hear, I hope he comes back and proves some of his own 'fans' wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.