Owen Hargreaves | 2010/11 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

redevil2

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
There's no need to mock him! He's trying to train and get back to fitness and it's a gradual process. It must be frustrating enough for the slow process and for him to post up his training trying to get some support from his fans seem to give him some comfort.

Getting injuried is not his fault. We should wish him well.
You take forums a bit too seriously.

Anyway filming while you're training and sending it on youtube is lame. Rocky training montages styles are so 80s.

redevil2

That's very sad.
Why is that sad? Can you or anyone on here who has a negative opinion do what he does in running backward for example? At least he's positive enough to let his fans know about his desire to train and get back to fitness. It would be sad if the opposite happens and when he gives it all up! Why can't you people just support him?

MUFC07

Wow, what a brave man. I really respect him, and it's such a shame it didn't work for him here.

I can't see anything wrong with that, especially when he's had so much trouble with injuries, and for someone to take a gamble he is showing that he is working hard. The man's just trying to work, not sit on his ass and do nothing.

Respect.

redevil2

You take forums a bit too seriously.

Anyway filming while you're training and sending it on youtube is lame. Rocky training montages styles are so 80s.
I am certain people like yourself do not take responsibility of what you said on the internet like you would in real life because you have the advantage of hiding behind a computer. It doesn't give you the right though to be free from criticism or condemnation.

redevil2

Wow, what a brave man. I really respect him, and it's such a shame it didn't work for him here.

I can't see anything wrong with that, especially when he's had so much trouble with injuries, and for someone to take a gamble he is showing that he is working hard. The man's just trying to work, not sit on his ass and do nothing.

Respect.
Well said!

It takes a lot courage to be reconciling with what you have left with after being a world class footballer for so long. People who are negative on here should rethink why they would not respect what he's doing? Would they be mocking someone who came back from long term illness for example?

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Why is that sad? Can you or anyone on here who has a negative opinion do what he does in running backward for example? At least he's positive enough to let his fans know about his desire to train and get back to fitness. It would be sad if the opposite happens and when he gives it all up! Why can't you people just support him?
I think everyone is commenting on how sad and large his fall has been.

Who'd have thunk 3 years ago that he'd be resigned to posting youtube videos to prove his fitness.

I don't think anyone is knocking his effort.

Jonno

Michael Owen and his famous brochure worked a treat a couple of years ago, Hargo is trying to do one better by actually posting YouTube videos...

Every credit to him.

redevil2

I think everyone is commenting on how sad and large his fall has been.

Who'd have thunk 3 years ago that he'd be resigned to posting youtube videos to prove his fitness.

I don't think anyone is knocking his effort.
Getting injured is not his fault. It's unfortunate that it happened to him like that. It takes a lot courage for him to show the world he's making an effort. If you see him as a real person who wants to engage with his fans who care about him, then hopefully you would see it as some positive and brave effort.

It's people like that that will give people hope and inspire people to have a never say die attitude.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
For some reason I can really see him ending up at Arsenal.

Brophs

The One and Only
You know when people* say song lyrics speak to them, or they think the song was written for them...

Risin' up, back on the street
Did my time, took my chances
Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet
Just a man and his will to survive

So many times, it happens too fast
You change your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

Chorus:
It's the eye of the tiger, it's the cream of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
And he's watchin' us all in the eye of the tiger

Face to face, out in the heat
Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry
They stack the odds 'til we take to the street
For we kill with the skill to survive

Risin' up, straight to the top
Have the guts, got the glory
Went the distance, now I'm not gonna stop
Just a man and his will to survive

*Gimps

Unam333

feck it. Bring him back on a pay as you play contract if his fitness level is decent! Love Hargo!

Pablo76

Reports down here today locally, suggesting that he could sign for AFC Bournemouth!

Anyone else heard this? Deserves its own thread really!

Dion

Has he actually said they're to prove his fitness or is he (what it actually looks like) just showing people what he's doing as part of his rehabilitation?

If it's the former it's not exactly going to turn many heads but the latter is perfectly reasonable.

Jaap

Depressing stuff really.

Hopefully he'll find a club, he deserves it. Man, the fella must have gone through some horrible times. Good luck, Hargo!

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I am certain people like yourself do not take responsibility of what you said on the internet like you would in real life because you have the advantage of hiding behind a computer. It doesn't give you the right though to be free from criticism or condemnation.
If you know anything about internet you'll know that every thing you do in it can be traced if one wanted to. On the hand I stick to what I said. You take forums too seriously. We discuss football here as we do amongst friends. There's no need to throw the dummy on a comment meant to be a joke.

Now calm down, take a deep breath and see the funny side of that comment. Don't worry Hargreaves won't commit suicide because of it. He'll probably don't care about us and if he do read that post he'll laugh at it as I did when I picked a bad injury and I had to do similar training to strengthen the muscles. I still have the photos for lulz but I won't be a twat to post them on internet.

didsbury1982

Yeah I feel really sorry for the millionaire Owen Hargreaves in this situation...

He was unlucky at United though, it's probably the right time for a fresh start for him. I'd be very surprised if he could consistently perform at the highest level again after his injuries as well.

redevil2

If you know anything about internet you'll know that every thing you do in it can be traced if one wanted to. On the hand I stick to what I said. You take forums too seriously. We discuss football here as we do amongst friends. There's no need to throw the dummy on a comment meant to be a joke.

Now calm down, take a deep breath and see the funny side of that comment. Don't worry Hargreaves won't commit suicide because of it. He'll probably don't care about us and if he do read that post he'll laugh at it as I did when I picked a bad injury and I had to do similar training to strengthen the muscles. I still have the photos for lulz but I won't be a twat to post them on internet.
You sounded like a clown, as always! Now, get back to your barbie world where your jokes might be shared and laughed with.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Quality Canadian playing for England. One of my favourite players.

Fingers crossed about his return... someday.

VoetbalWizard

Welsh mother and an English father, how the feck is that Canadian? My brother was born in Germany to an English mum & dad, is he German?
canada has jus soli....hence hargreaves is canadian. he also lived there until he was like 16 or summat. deffo a canadian.

your brother isn't german because they don't have jus soli (or a very restricted form).

I'm always right

canada has jus soli....hence hargreaves is canadian. he also lived there until he was like 16 or summat. deffo a canadian.
jus soli only gives him the right to be a Canadian, if he has British parents and wants to be British (and he does), he's British pure and simple.

I've got a mate who was born and raised in Africa till he was 15 (2 English parents), and well, he's as Cockney as they come.

RonaldoVII

We should invite him to play in Scholes' testimonial. Or allow him to train at Carrington like Yorke often does (though we don't know he isn't). This seems to be the first preseason that he's been fit for in 3 years. Possibly sentimentality but shame he can't come on the tour and show us what he has.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
I doubt he'll be invited to Scholes testimonial. OH wasn't very popular with the rest of the boys, he hardly spoke to anyone in his final few months at Carrington.

RonaldoVII

I doubt he'll be invited to Scholes testimonial. OH wasn't very popular with the rest of the boys, he hardly spoke to anyone in his final few months at Carrington.
Based on what?

I'm not saying I expect an appearance, but I'd have thought we'd take a look at him in preseason if he's fit and make a decision then instead of at the end of last season.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I always got the impression he was a good lad who frustrated Ferguson with his injuries but was generally well liked, I'd imagine he was disconnected from the team through being away on rehab and training on his own but "not very popular" suggesting he wasn't liked for some reason seems a bit far fetched.

:( Those videos are despressing to watch. I didn't know he was this desperate to prove his fitness.

He deserves to end his career playing some football. Hope a decent club takes a chance on him and surely his luck will turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.