Owen Hargreaves | 2010/11 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Could sell himself a little better if he wasn't using such gimmicky training techniques.

Steev

He should be going...

Hargo said:
"...three-thousand two-hundred-and-thirty-one, three-thousand two-hundred-and-thirty-two, three-thousand two-hundred-and-thirty-three..."

Name Changed

weso26
Wow, what a brave man. I really respect him, and it's such a shame it didn't work for him here.

I can't see anything wrong with that, especially when he's had so much trouble with injuries, and for someone to take a gamble he is showing that he is working hard. The man's just trying to work, not sit on his ass and do nothing.

Respect.
Completely agree.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
I doubt he'll be invited to Scholes testimonial. OH wasn't very popular with the rest of the boys, he hardly spoke to anyone in his final few months at Carrington.
Please elaborate.

He was often in the stands during games talking to the other players.

MJLD

He needs to make a Michael Owen-style brochure and then everyone will want him.

bazhef

Wow, what a brave man. I really respect him, and it's such a shame it didn't work for him here.

I can't see anything wrong with that, especially when he's had so much trouble with injuries, and for someone to take a gamble he is showing that he is working hard. The man's just trying to work, not sit on his ass and do nothing.

Respect.
What he said ^^^^^

I really feel for him and fair play to him for trying to get back.
Hope someone signs him, ideally if he was really back to fitness I'd love him back on a pay-as-you-play deal.
There are plenty of players who wouldnt go to that effort and i think its just that he wants to play rather than wanting money.
It would be such a shame to lose such a talented player.

davisjw

He needs to make a Michael Owen-style brochure and then everyone will want him.
YouTube highlight videos > Brochures

Good on him. He's spent three years trying to make a come back and it seems he's at least somewhere close to playing. Probably lost everything that made him so deadly, but I hope he plays a solid season or two. MLS would be a good shout.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Think F365 sums up his problems perfectly

How would you describe Owen Hargreaves' fitness videos? Ironic? Desperate? Cringeworthy? Another might be 'irrelevant'. No matter how fit and healthy Hargreaves might appear, prospective employers should be far more concerned with what's going on in his head. Unless the brain is willing to let his body play football again, Hargreaves' online comeback will swiftly be consigned to the file marked 'video nasties'.

The fact that every club will acknowledge as they consider taking a gamble on Hargreaves is that he was deemed by Manchester United - the club widely regarded as boasting the best medical department in the country, as demonstrated by the speed with which they successfully returned Antonio Valencia to action just six months after his leg was snapped in half - to be fit for a Premier League comeback last November. It lasted scarcely four minutes.

Last seen limping down the Old Trafford touchline - his outing as a right-winger curtailed before a substantial chunk of the crowd had even taken their seats - Hargreaves never played for the club again.

In one sense, the abortion was encouraging. The good news was that his hamstring, rather than the dodgy knee which sidelined him for the worst part of two years, had failed. With a little luck and effective treatment, he should have been fit for a return within a month.

Except he wasn't.

And as the weeks turned into months and the months turned into a termination, the thought festered that Hargreaves' head was the problem. Had he been so tense on his return, so tightly strung, that his body simply couldn't cope? Hargreaves has never spoken about what occurred that horrible November day, a silence which can be interpreted as support for the theory that mental stress, not physical strain, was his undoing.

If so, Hargreaves would not be alone, because there's plenty of anecdotal evidence to suggest that stress is a returnee's toughest opponent. Numbers don't exist for this sort of thing but it does seem accurate to assert that most comeback injuries occur in matches rather than training. Jonathan Woodgate's final setback for Spurs, for instance, occurred during his 30-minute substitute appearance in the San Siro in March rather than on the training ground, while the majority of Eduardo's many, many niggles in his comeback were also match-induced. Running through cones is the easy bit.

All of which should be considered when watching Hargreaves' foray into Youtube. He looks good, tis true. But then again, Sir Alex Ferguson was sufficiently moved to declare last September that, "Owen Hargreaves has come back training and has looked very good." Appearances can be deceptive and all that.

The real encouragement therefore is that Hargreaves has been willing to tout himself online - a willingness which can also be interpreted as an indication that his head is in a better place than it was last November. Let's hope so, because an early retirement, following five minutes of football in almost three years, would be a waste of a genuine talent.

If, as surely will be the case, a pay-per-play deal can be agreed, a leading club - maybe Tottenham, maybe even Arsenal, but definitely not Liverpool because, at the last time of counting, they could field an entire team of central midfielders from their bloated squad - should take a punt on Hargreaves. Yet they will learn far more about the likelihood of his semi-recruitment proving a success from a five-minute chat than they will from studying his footage on the internet.

Nucks

RT History Department
jus soli only gives him the right to be a Canadian, if he has British parents and wants to be British (and he does), he's British pure and simple.

I've got a mate who was born and raised in Africa till he was 15 (2 English parents), and well, he's as Cockney as they come.
His parents immigrated to Canada.

He was born there, he lived there until he was 16 when Bayern lured him to Germany.

He is Canadian. His parents status gives him a RIGHT to Welsh and English citizenship but he was born Canadian.

Bearded but no genius

If you know anything about internet you'll know that every thing you do in it can be traced if one wanted to. On the hand I stick to what I said. You take forums too seriously. We discuss football here as we do amongst friends. There's no need to throw the dummy on a comment meant to be a joke.

Now calm down, take a deep breath and see the funny side of that comment. Don't worry Hargreaves won't commit suicide because of it. He'll probably don't care about us and if he do read that post he'll laugh at it as I did when I picked a bad injury and I had to do similar training to strengthen the muscles. I still have the photos for lulz but I won't be a twat to post them on internet.
I agree, it's only the internet.

https://www.redcafe.net/f15/fao-mods-46209/

Ezee had been insulting my girlfriend for over a month now and yet none of you have taken action about it. Now I am not pretending anything from you. But now dont take it at heart if I will insult Ezee in a very personal manner involving the people that he loves in the same way that he did

I had given him the last warning about this and I am expecting an apology about it. If this does not happen I expect that you will deal about it and if that doesnt happen then be sure that I will deal about it. And believe me it will not be nice to neither Ezee nor any posters inside this caf

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
You didn’t understood what I had done right? I knew that you were trying to provoke me with your insults and instead of attacking you back, I had given you what you expected from me to do, and that is, taking things personally.

I confess that I needed time to adapt to the British culture. I had lived nearly all my life in Southern Europe where class, family values and tact exist. Therefore you must understand that it took me some time to understand the British humor, the personal attacks of the typical desperate British person who spent his entire life living on booze on an island always cloudy and rainy feckin the biggest whores of the continent while his government is busy licking the Yanks arses sending his soldiers to wars that the country doesn’t believe in etc etc etc. But after few months here I had understood that with the typical British there is nothing that they really value. No family, no work, no life and all their life is spent on two things, football and booze which by itself is so pitiful that bearing that in mind no insult coming from you people would hurt anyone

The irony is this. I had spent 5 years of my life in Italy (on and off) trying in vain to change their mentality on you people. But feck they were right. You ARE the laughing stock of Europe. A country filled with boring people and arse lickers where the royalty take drugs and footballers rape women in a desperate bid to have fun.

Why I have complained about Ezee then? The answer is simple and that is that I still have a bit of faith in the mods in here.

BTW you can insult me how much you want. Personally I dont rate you at all.
:lol::lol:

Kelvin

west brom want to sign hargreaves, we play them on the opening day of the season how ironic it will be to face him.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
He will get injured in the week leading up to the game and Roy will say he is out for 2 weeks. And then normal service will have resumed

Stretch

This past over my head. :( Hargo.

But all due credit to him for having the fighting spirit and will to continue and succeed.

Tribec

west brom want to sign hargreaves, we play them on the opening day of the season how ironic it will be to face him.
That won't happen, NY Cosmos will sign him, play him against us in the Scholes testamonial and then loan him out to someone till they get in the MLS.

Hargreaves attempts are couragous and I do hope he comes back, as he's a very good player, but the longer it goes on the more and more it reminds me of the stupid stunt Big Ron took United through, of paying off Mark Higgins insurance so he could make a comeback with us. He wasn't even a quarter of the player he'd once been. I only hope it isn't the case for Hargreaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.