Television Ozark

DON’T PANIC ™

I enjoyed the ending overall, thought everything was tied up well. But I must say Ruth dying took the shine off it for me.

Wing Attack Plan R

I watched the first episode of part 2 of the final season, the one with the Killer Mike cameo. Am I alone in hating the Ruth character? She's so goddamn stupid, and they keep letting her go and do more stupid stuff that puts everyone in danger. There are shades of Dr. Robinson from Lost In Space. I know she won an Emmy for her role, but it seems to have gotten out of hand. I think in a couple years' time people will look back on this performance and just laugh at her. She has her own unique accent not even the peculiar accents you can find in the Ozarks, she seems to be a walking f-bomb machine and I guess that is cute because it's kind of a juxtaposition with her angelic looks? I don't know. The character is badly written, and the actress is just making things worse.

This episode, Jonah is still trying to feck over his family over his uncle's death, but how does he not realize that Ruth put them all in danger by getting him out of the care facility, which was the only thing saving his life? And now he's a super programming mastermind who can launder money almost as well as his dad who is a certified wealth manager and CPA. It's dumb. Jonah's loyalty to the Langmores makes no sense. Similarly, his sister just up and tells Ruth where the meeting will be with the Javier. Wendy comes home and says, "Just how stupid are you?" and it's a thought that I have had countless times watching this show. How stupid are they? I assume they are supposed to be sympathetic characters, but their actions make you hate them all. Wendy is at least a calculating Machiavellian character, Marty is hilarious for how he keeps pulling the biscuits out of the fire, but his kids are garbage.

The private detective character is asinine too, just like the budding romance between him and the FBI agent (Shields?). Just why? Why are they doing any of this? And Wendy's father shows up just to be a walking target, can't wait for him to be put in danger, then for him to feck something up, and then he gets killed. It's just lazy writing.

This first episode (part 2, final season) had so many closeups of Ruth that it makes me wonder if she has it in her contract that she gets X number of closeups per episode. And all her thinking about Wyatt -

when Wyatt was a fecking dipshit too. Not just his January - December relationship but the fact it didn't bother him they were making heroin. Totally unsympathetic character, and watching him make out with that older actress was some stunt acting for sure. I want to personally thank the writers for shooting both of those idiots in the last half-season. I only wish someone would have shot Ruth, like in Season 1.

Last edited:

Wing Attack Plan R

I was just saying this to my fiancée last night (we are currently watching s4 ep9) …I can’t tell if this actress is a genius at playing a cnut bitch or if I also just hate her face and voice on top of the character :lol: :lol: :lol: I guess perfect casting
Personally I think she's a great actress. Her character is loathsome, but she switches from ingratiating and harmless to ice cold hell spawn with ease, and makes both believable. I think she's been incredible in this whole show.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Personally I think she's a great actress. Her character is loathsome, but she switches from ingratiating and harmless to ice cold hell spawn with ease, and makes both believable. I think she's been incredible in this whole show.
Absolutely. Best character performance in the series for me.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
My biggest WTF question was what was Wendy thinking inviting Ruth to meet Javi. That's very out of the logic thinking.

You kinda know she's hellbent on killing him, yet you tell her where to meet him and set him on a silver plater. Even if Ruth changes her mind, her meeting Javi with that intention wouldn't end well.

RedDevilRoshi

Finished part 2 of the final season today. Very underwhelming. Just felt very rushed and completely lost for ideas.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Started this show 3 weeks ago and now half way throigh season 4. Impressive how little time it took Jason Bateman to not be Michael Bluth in my mind. Amazing show. Not a very happy one though.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Feck me
Javi being unceremoniously gunned down by Ruth
was satisfying.

I really fecking hate Wendy by the way. Especially that patronizing fecking smile. Marty shouldve let Del kill her back in season 1.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Feck me
Javi being unceremoniously gunned down by Ruth
was satisfying.

I really fecking hate Wendy by the way. Especially that patronizing fecking smile. Marty shouldve let Del kill her back in season 1.
As part of the ending I thought they'd have Marty sacrifice Wendy's life in some way because of the danger she kept bringing with her decisions, along with their apparent distance as husband & wife. It would have driven me crazy the way he kept bailing her out throughout the series for her greedy decisions, whilst he just wanted to be out of the whole thing. The ending was pretty underwhelming really.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
As part of the ending I thought they'd have Marty sacrifice Wendy's life in some way because of the danger she kept bringing with her decisions, along with their apparent distance as husband & wife. It would have driven me crazy the way he kept bailing her out throughout the series for her greedy decisions, whilst he just wanted to be out of the whole thing. The ending was pretty underwhelming really.
I'm not clicking that until I watch the final 3 episodes.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Didnt get why people hated the ending until the very last scene.
Jonah shooting him is just ridiculously out of character. The part that robbed all satisfaction of the ending was Ruth getting killed, she was so close :( i feel Marty and Wendy dying would have been more deserved