View full 2014-15 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Getsme

Is every small mistake players make now going to be highlighted and exaggerated on here? Or is it a simple case off I don't like such and such player so I'm going to pick up on his every mistake to prove that im right? Either way it's fecking pathetic.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
So what do we think of the lads prospects for next season then?

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
If only Evans is getting replaced I could still see him play a role he wouldn't have expected before this year started. I don't think he will go out on loan, he's a perfect talent for van Gaal to personally work with.

I really like him, he's got to improve defensively but he's good with the ball at his feet already and doesn't panick often. I wonder what his best position will be though: midfielder, rightback or centreback.

SambaBoy

Don't think he solid enough defensively to play at CB. I wouldn't mind seeing him in DM or CM more as he seems good on the ball and can actually bring it forward, and in retrospect his passing will most likely be decent enough as he will have more time on the ball.

We should try to set out a loan for him, with the requirement to play DM for the other side to see how he gets on. I'm surprised he was picked ahead of Thorpe in all fairness as he's a much better and more natural defender.

beergod

So what do we think of the lads prospects for next season then?
IMO we need to decide on a position for him and find somewhere he can play regular football in that position. I don't think playing against kids in the U21s and the odd first team game will help him in the long-term.

Red_Aaron

for me, he took his chance with both hands last season
i fully expect him to feature next year and i'm looking forward to him improving again

JR10

Supports
Still deciding
He impressed me last season. Especially when called upon against Lukaku, who Paddy kept in his back pocket.

Someone has to bring a gif of that header against West Ham. One of the best defensive headers I have ever seen.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He is a CB, leave him at CB. Sure he used to play in midfield but he has never played there at senior or u21 level. Being good on the ball for a CB doesn't make you a midfielder, if we want a youth DM then Ben Pearson would play Paddy off the park. Paddy has showed a lot of promise at CB and just needs to get stronger and used to playing senior football. Once he does he will be more confident and cut out some of the little mistakes or moments of indecision he has. Supposedly van Gaal doesn't like loaning so I imagine he'll stay and with our injuries he'll get a decent number of games anyway.

ottosec

I thought he was poor most of the games he played. But it looks like LVG saw something in him, so maybe we'll see improvements next year.

Decotron

I thought he was poor most of the games he played. But it looks like LVG saw something in him, so maybe we'll see improvements next year.
He clearly wasn't given his age and respective experience in the positions he played.

Young center backs by their nature are inconsistent and make mistakes. If the manager chooses to select them its something fans have to put up with.