Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Yep, decided to continue his studies

Couldn't blame him, the anti-glazer crew were spraying graffiti all over the family home at the time
He studies economics at Durham according to Wiki... not all footballers are dumb!

red_7

he shows the same quality as our other CB's. He manages to be fit for 50% of our games. :mad:

Mersault

Seriously, is he out for 3 weeks? as the Mirror reports, or is this us protecting him from burn out given the international call-up?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Ah feck. Just when things getting interesting to see academy product in the main team.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
So we've gone through three first team centre backs (Smalling, Evans, Jones), and now two of the u21 lads (Blackett, McNair).

Assuming no one gets fit in the next two weeks it will be Thorpe starting at the back, and I'm wondering who we're going to chuck on when he gets ruled out for a month after being bitten by a dog.

kundalini

Seriously, is he out for 3 weeks? as the Mirror reports, or is this us protecting him from burn out given the international call-up?
If you watch the match closely, you can see the moment when he gets injured. I noticed it at the time. Because it happened so late in the game and we had already used our 3 subs, he chose to stay on.

itso 7

So we've gone through three first team centre backs (Smalling, Evans, Jones), and now two of the u21 lads (Blackett, McNair).

Assuming no one gets fit in the next two weeks it will be Thorpe starting at the back, and I'm wondering who we're going to chuck on when he gets ruled out for a month after being bitten by a dog.
Honestly speaking we could have a hundred CBs but with this curse-like phenomenon we'll still find ourselves without a fit CB pairing for the majority of our games. Strange and infuriating.

The Law of Denis

I thought he did better than both Rojo and Smalling. I'm convinced he can become a good defender for us in the long run.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Showed a lot of composure and did well again. McNair's performances have been promising, give him his chance to play a few games.

footballgirl07

Apart from Toure beating him for that one chance, I thought he did very well.
Agreed and was playing out of position (he plays center right normally) plus back from an injury and thrown in to a team with ten men at an away derby. With no Smalling, Jones and highly likely, no Rojo. Will be starting next week.

khoazany

On the ball he's better than all of them, need to be more aggressive on defending though.

McNair-Blackett for next week?Sounds like the only CB partnership we haven't seen this season...

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Promote him to the first team. Looks far more assured on the ball then any other of our defender.

FromTheBench

Looked good today.

Should have been tighter on Aguero on the goal though if i am nitpicking.

Mister_Stubbs

This guy right now is our best central defender, seems a lot more assured than the others that's for sure.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
He is definitely starting next game and should keep getting more chances. Very impressed by him so far.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Considering our lack of available center backs he's going to get a run of games here. I think he could really nail down a spot if he keeps performing like he has been.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
feck all our CB's.

Should be first choice from now on. He's played in 2 games where we've been under huge pressure when down to 10 and looked very composed.

Devil may care

Coming into a derby when we are down to ten men and playing with such composure is a real credit to him, nailed on to start next week.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Was excellent before the injury and performed admirably today, despite being thrown into the fire. Impresses with every single appearance. Hope he makes the best of this latest chance. :)

Eugenius

I think he's better than Rojo. He actually is composed. He's also much better than Blackett IMO from what I've seen of the two. He doesn't worry me at all when he plays.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He was to blame for us conceding the goal and lost Toure a few times so lets not get carried away with that cameo performance.

pseudo_canadian

The only CB in the team that can be relied on. That's saying a lot for a 19 year old and the overall state of our back four.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Agree with the calls for him to be starting games, looks far more mature than his years, his composure is great.

kundalini

I thought he was poor (relative to a first team player, obviously not relative to a reserve team player). I noticed 3 clear errors from him. Should have been tighter on Aguero when he scored. Twice lost Yaya Toure.

Of course Smalling and Rojo were even worse. But Carrick seemed better.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
The cafe hates pretty much every player but this guy it seems. He didn't do as well as people are making out here, could have easily been at fault for 2 yaya tour goals. But whatever, he was better than Smalling and Rojo today.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He was to blame for us conceding the goal and lost Toure a few times so lets not get carried away with that cameo performance.
He wasn't to blame. Yaya got the better of him properly once. Nothing wrong with that. Yaya bettered many players today.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I thought he was poor (relative to a first team player, obviously not relative to a reserve team player). I noticed 3 clear errors from him. Should have been tighter on Aguero when he scored. Twice lost Yaya Toure.

Tighter on Agüero? Carrick was on Agüero and then went to cover the near post area. In that split second Agüero got into position like the excellent striker he is. The big mistake was letting Clichy getting into that position to cross in the first place.

ZDwyr

Those things stood out for me too.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Tighter on Agüero? Carrick was on Agüero and then went to cover the near post area. In that split second Agüero got into position like the excellent striker he is. The big mistake was letting Clichy getting into that position to cross in the first place.
Exactly. Can't believe people are calling that as a McNair mistake.