View full 2014-15 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Will Absolute

Wasnt really impressed with him on the ball, some terrible passes and long balls, but defensively he was sound and thats what matters.
He's a converted midfielder with good technical ability, so I don't think we have to worry about his passing. If he can do the defensive stuff, he might have a first team future.

OneUnited24

But then you will be playing three left footers.
I can see LvG going with McNair to have another right footed CB but if someone has better distribution i dont think you can ignore them because they are left footed.

Maybe McNairs distribution is better than i give him credit for but from what i've seen Blackett is better getting the ball forward to midfield

Bwuk

McNair deserved to start next week. Same side as today except Mata in for Rooney:(

MDFC Manager

That header looks better every time you look at it! We'd have gone on to lose if that went in

itso 7

And Fergie wouldn't let this CB situation happened, starting the season. He valued CB a lot more, only second to wingers.
This ''CB situation'' happened quite a lot when Fergie was around, our opening match in 12/13 when we had to play Carrick there and the game that made Pogba leave, come to mind. The issue is having three injury prone defenders on our CB roster, we need to get a couple of reliable defenders in.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
This ''CB situation'' happened quite a lot when Fergie was around, our opening match in 12/13 when we had to play Carrick there and the game that made Pogba leave, come to mind. The issue is having three injury prone defenders on our CB roster, we need to get a couple of reliable defenders in.
We had world class CBs that were injured, and we knew it was only a matter of time before we got them back. Now we depend on not (yet) world class CBs who are also injury prone. Big difference.

RetroStu

I dread this place if he makes a mistake against Everton given the flip flop nature of most of the threads in here.

I liked his debut today, will be interesting to see what happens with him going forward especially once we start getting our injured players back.
Why?, Blackett has made mistakes and hasn't been crucified. His name isn't Rooney as well so that will be in his favor.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Why?, Blackett has made mistakes and hasn't been crucified. His name isn't Rooney as well so that will be in his favor.
Blackett was called absolute shit after the last game. Some awful knee jerk stuff in his thread.

itso 7

We had world class CBs that were injured, and we knew it was only a matter of time before we got them back. Now we depend on not (yet) world class CBs who are also injury prone. Big difference.
Agree with that and I think that issue will be addressed in the next two windows though I don't understand why we didn't sort it out earlier.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Agree with that and I think that issue will be addressed in the next two windows though I don't understand why we didn't sort it out earlier.
Rojo's purchase is the one I don't really understand. Although good times for the like of McNair and Blackett to shine, though.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Haven't seen the match yet so can't wait for MotD. That header looks world class. Outstanding considering he is only 19, it was on his debut, against West Ham, against a West Ham managed by Sam Allardyce, and with United down to 10 men for the last 35 minutes or so. I almost can't believe it.

How did he look alongside Rojo?

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
The main thing is that he has a name of substance - Paddy McNair, defender extraordinaire.

dev1l

he had a good game today but let s not get overboard,this was his first game. I hope fans will not expect too much of him and then start slagging him at his first mistake.

Sylar

haha good one. It happens to most threads. One week the guy is immense, etc, the next week hes a donkey. It happens a helluva lot here.

Saying that, McNair will end up making a mistake due to inexperience. Its how he bounces back from it that will define him.

gasmanc

Banned
Defensively he was very sound, on the ball he was a bit haphazard, summed up perfectly when he drifted forward (looked like Rio) and he smashed a ball into no mans land. Still, a very positive performance, well worth the entrance fee.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That header looks better every time you look at it! We'd have gone on to lose if that went in
Almost sure that would've happened. It's amazing to think that a split brilliant moment from one player could decide the result.

Bwuk

Rooney:( isn't at the top level as a #10. Mata is far better in that role.

I'm glad about it. Falcao and RvP are both better strikers than Rooney:(, and Mata is a better 10.

It'll improve us.