View full 2014-15 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Sam

Agreed with those who thought it was a nice touch by LVG to bring him on.

A bit of a slap in the face for those who claimed that LVG's comments post match against Southampton was terrible management.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
McNair must be thanking his lucky star to have LvG as his manager. I'm glad to see LvG is continuing United tradition of giving youth chances, albeit it could back-fire him if it's not working. Hopefully McNair learns fast enough so we don't have to buy those 'already-made' CB in the future.

Petr1

He obviously sees McNair as a future piece in his system. Good management to make him a part of the victory as that probably made McNair think of other things than the early sub when he went to bed.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
McNair has played 7 game for United (8 including today) with 21 points from a maximum of 21 (24 including today). #luckycharm. :D

Raw

Had a great game in the middle of the defence. Really happy about this lad progressing through the ranks :D

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Props to Van Gaal for bringing him back in so soon after his horror show and early substitution.

He knows how to develop juice, that's for sure.

Godfather

Meh. Some strange comments. Looked very nervous again. Good prospect he is but he still makes me bite my nails everytime he has the ball.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
That should be 'started'. He came on as a sub against City away.
Ah heck that distorts the whole stat.. :(

Correction : 21 from 21 including today. (Sub vs Liverpool too..)

Revan

Assumptionman
Better than his two senior partners. Kudos to Van Gaal for giving him a match so shortly after his bad performance, and kudos to McNair for playing this well.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
I'm going to go against the grain and say I think he got beaten easily a couple too many times today.

khoazany

Meh. Some strange comments. Looked very nervous again. Good prospect he is but he still makes me bite my nails everytime he has the ball.
What?I feel confident every time the lad had the ball.He definitely had composure on the ball for his age.Need to improve his defending but that will come.

Godfather

What?I feel confident every time the lad had the ball.He definitely had composure on the ball for his age.Need to improve his defending but that will come.
Really? Well a matter of opinion I guess. I don't think he is all that composed. Still very young so I'm not complaining at all.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
He did well enough, considering his age and inexperience he is never going to be bombing forward a-la Jones etc, ultimately he (and the team) were heading towards a good clean sheet until Jones gave away the penalty.

SambaBoy

Can get dragged out of position too easily at times but it may be due to the formation we play. Jones was obviously right of the three but sometimes both of them would come over to challenge Gouffran leaving the centre exposed. It's things he will pick up with experience, still don't feel confident with him in 1v1 situations but he didn't do much wrong today, a decent performance.

ZDwyr

I thought he played well (as the whole defence did). Good to see that van Gaal is still putting his confidence in him despite a few bad games earlier on.

Gannicus

I'm very impressed with this kid, who's only 19 and just played in maybe his 7th or 8th match for the first team. We can dissect minute flaws in his game today all we want but Paddy is well on track as one for the future, which may be very soon.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Fair play to him, another solid, assured performance. Can't as for anything more from him.

NoPace

Played well against Newcastle. Not sure Kane is a great matchup for him, though. Would prefer Smalling against Spurs.

When you consider that this kid is 19 and was a CM until at least 16, he's a really interesting long-term prospect.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
It's becoming a little like when people used to mention either Rafael or Fabio, people couldn't complete a sentence without saying Fabio was the player who was thought to be the better player in his early days.

Now with McNair, every point has to be backed up with him being a former CM.

Such a big echo in here.

Great to see him doing well though and long may it continue.

rover

i thought mcNair wouldn't fit into a back 3 system. but so surprisingly he is so good in a central role of back 3. indeed playing on the flank of b3 there would be more decisions you need to make. when to take on the winger; when to hold on the space; the optimal option to take when ball is under your feet...

in a central role of b3 indeed the job is a bit more simple, but you need to be very experienced to read the game right. mcNair is certainly not an experienced player but he has a cool head, that maybe the reason why he is doing good in this new role. bravo!

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I'm probably being a bit harsh but I don't think he was that good yesterday. Too slow and was caught out of position a couple of times. Also looks a bit weak physically for me

Ixion

Was surprised that he was played in the centre of the back 3 instead of Evans or Jones. He did alright, I'm glad LVG gave him a start after the Southampton match, that is good management. I expect Smalling to play at Spurs.

m1y2

I was quite worried every time he was on the ball, seems quite calm on it but maybe too much, it's almost like he would think he still plays for u21, the tempo is three gears faster, but had a decent game overall, couple of good defensive headers. Anyway he really needs to work on one on ones, he seems very slow, he was fouled in one case but struggled in another.. he will be good but for the next game bring SmallKing on..

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I think he lacks a bit of aggression for a cb to be honest. Too often he seem happy to let opponents take a touch or two when there's a pretty good chance for a tackle on. I also miss a bit more of a physical presence, him using his body more aggressively in duels.

Also, his passes tend to be a bit underhit which slows the tempo down and creates a problem for the receiver. I think it's because he's slightly nervous and errs on the side of caution.

Still a decent match by him but to be fair he wasn't particularly tested and when he was, he didn't look assured in his one-on-one defending.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
For a 19 y.o. CB on his first pro- season, he's doing really well. So far, he's shown potential, enough to keep at least as squad player for next season.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Incredible pressure on such inexperienced player and looks like the recent tsunami of injuries will require in near future even more sacrifice from Paddy as LVG still strongly believes in his abilities.

It's gonna be hard but many youngsters on his place would already crack on this level. He may be something in future. We'll see.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Didn't impress me at all yesterday. Was average at best, don't really get the praise being lavished on his performance.