5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Defensively suspect in the first half but the whole defence was shambolic so not that worried. He is not there yet but he links up very well, offers some threat on the right side. Deserves another start IMO.

Thought he was awful in the first half. I can't believe LVG favours him over Rafael. I've yet to see that he has the potential to make it here. His only really good game came against a League 2 side.
It seems van Gaal has given up on Rafael and he’s looking for other solutions. What is a sensible idea.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Didn't look too out of place as a right back, it's clear he has too much technical ability to be deployed as a center back, this may well be his future position, he reminds me alot of Coleman.

It's nice to see a variation of passes from a fullback rather than the generic "Run byline, stutter, stutter, deliver a poor cross" from Valencia.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I think he'll be a very good defensive mid, which is likely where he plays for the U21s.
I can't say I recall him ever playing DM for the u21s. Think he could be good there though, hes a smart player and very good on the ball. Been very impressed with him stepping up to the first team. Just needs to get better at dealing with pacey attackers, should try drop off sooner to get the extra step on them and be able to block them off getting in behind or to jockey them wide.

Dante

Average bang
Thought he looked very promising. I hope he's retained as our second choice (at least) right back next season.

His first touch is excellent and his passing is properly impressive. The kid never shies away from the ball.

I know he's a very different kind of player to Evra, but there's a similar air of leadership from fullback about him. We used to build a lot of our attacks from the back through Paddy because he was so reliable and so willing to take on responsibility. I see that same willingness in McNair. I hope he can build on it.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Both him and Rojo were too far up the pitch in the first half and were getting found out. Burnley wingers/backs were able to put crosses in the box with considerable ease.

I like McNair, he is good with the ball at his feet and can defend when in the right position. His lack of pace is what bothers me.

Swaters16

Both him and Rojo were too far up the pitch in the first half and were getting found out. Burnley wingers/backs were able to put crosses in the box with considerable ease.

I like McNair, he is good with the ball at his feet and can defend when in the right position. His lack of pace is what bothers me.
I thought he's shown some good moments of pace. Especially against Cambridge, getting forward he looked reasonably quick. I think his issue might be positioning and reacting to situations in an unfamiliar position more than anything.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He looks far better as a RB than he ever did as a CB. Pace might be an issue but there's definitely something to work with.

Dr Fink

He was my MOTM last night by a country mile as energetic and positive as RVP was lazy and lacklustre. Head and shoulders above everyone else bar DDG. Great positioning, decent passing, good vision and he can cross it unlike "Shins" Valencia. This guy is a great find and warrants a starting place every game. Playing him with Evans might jeopardise his confidence and his career though.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I thought he's shown some good moments of pace. Especially against Cambridge, getting forward he looked reasonably quick. I think his issue might be positioning and reacting to situations in an unfamiliar position more than anything.
Yeah, you can sense the wheels turning before he reacts sometimes, but that comes with playing time.

Roboc7

I think his most likely role in the first team is as a utility player in the John O’Shea mould, he doesn’t really possess the ability to be a top fullback, centre back or midfielder (unless there is dramatic improvement ) but he is good on the ball and has a good temperament so I think he is someone who could plug gaps in those positions.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Id love to see him in that role as well. Maybe a league cup match next season or something. I think it would really suit him...
Ditto. Wouldn't be too surprised to see him eventually end up in midfield.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Decent on the ball but I've yet to be impressed with any of his defending since the West Ham/Everton period.

jb8521

The best thing about him and the thing which I think Van Gaal will be most impressed with is how quickly he learns and adapts to new roles and positions and his development over the past year has been fantastic. He's still growing as well which might explain to a degree why he sometimes looks a lot quicker than other times, the same happened with Welbeck around the same age. He's beginning to add some muscle to his frame now so he could be very powerful in a year or 2.

pseudo_canadian

Looks pretty comfortable at RB for the most part. Good at passing to feet and isn't afraid to get up field.

My only gripe with him from yesterday was that there was a point where he lost his man and the player ran in behind him off his back and almost got in on goal. But that just comes down to simple positional sense that he doesn't have yet as a RB. He'll be fine though.

We potentially have a great RB option on our hands. Happy for the lad.

Walters_19_MuFc

Does anyone know how tall McNair is? It's saying 1.72M on wiki and a lot of other sites, which is only 5ft7. Surely this isn't true.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He's a much better passer than either of them which given our style of play counts for a lot. Atrocious marking from corners today though.

kps88

I'd like to see a proper winger play ahead of him. Valencia or Young instead of Herrera would look better to me.

Jev

He's a much better passer than either of them which given our style of play counts for a lot. Atrocious marking from corners today though.
He misplaced a lot of passes in that half, despite only passing to the nearest man. Don't think he's any better than them.

drdoityourself

He should be more advanced when we have the ball, he is usually not there when we have space on the right.

DevilRed

Not having the best of games. Can't blame him as he probably has never played as a right back since the last month or so.

Makes you wonder whether Rafael would be the better choice? Mcnair is a fantastic prospect but Rafael is clearly more experienced and gives us a lot more pace and width on the right flank.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Decent game for the young lad (nothing exceptional), thought he was ok. Like I said, this is a game where I think Valencia would be a better option.

goin4glory

He has no options in possession. We don't have a natural winger as Herrera is central and neither RVP/Rooney are running the channels. I don't think he's a future RB anyway but the set up of this team is terrible.

Sam

Mental decision to start him in a game like this. Utterly mental. LVG is an idiot.

Classical Mechanic

Thought that he was pretty awful in that half. I don't think that he got a single cross in because he isn't good enough to attack his full back. I mean he ran the ball out of play once. He was caught on his heals for passes from Hererra a couple of times and his marking from corners is far from good enough.

And he doesn't look pacey at this level at all.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
He's a CB not a RB. I said that even after the Cambridge game. Valencia is far more suited to the role

Bojan11

It's stupid decision to start him. But this formation without a RM doesn't suit him. Atleast Shaw has Di Maria on the left.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He misplaced a lot of passes in that half, despite only passing to the nearest man. Don't think he's any better than them.
Absolute nonsense. He's played nice, tidy passes into the feet of van Persie, Rooney and Fellaini rather than doing Valencia's usual thing of recycling the ball backwards to Blind or Herrera.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He lets the ball run across him too much and that stops him having a better angle for the pass or cross.

izec

Absolute nonsense. He's played nice, tidy passes into the feet of van Persie, Rooney and Fellaini rather than doing Valencia's usual thing of recycling the ball backwards to Blind or Herrera.
i agree. His forward passing is very good, risky but i like that more than passing the ball back a la Valencia.