View full 2014-15 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

khoazany

People get lost a bit when they judge young players,it looks like being 19 is a new 30 for defenders.For example,anyone knew anything about Vidic or where he played when he was 19 year old?I doubt it.
He was loaned out to a club called Spartak Zlatibor after coming through Red Star's youth system.Yeah, a bit different from playing against Chelsea away plus Everton home and away.

But perhaps clueless fans would still say he's no Vidic.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He is no Rio.

He is no Vidic.

He is no Stam.

His height is only 1.72.

He is not what we need.
He's 20 years old. (Today, Happy Birthday Paddy.)

And he isn't 1.72 you numpty. That's shorter than Mata.

Rojo is 1.86, Van Persie 1.83...

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Hopefully we will add 1-2 more defenders next season and he'll end up playing Championship football before soon.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I thought he did alright. It was his (and Blind) mistake for the first goal, couldn't handle Lukaku few times, but looked mostly fine. I've seen worse performance by Jones and Evans. At least he looked better than when watching Varane against Celta Vigo.

LR7

He followed his best performance of the season with one of his worst, which is a shame but he's young and will learn from it. He definitely should have cleared the ball for the first goal and seemed to have a dip in confidence thereafter. DDG didn't help him on a couple of occasions when you'd expect your goalkeeper to come and collect the ball but he stayed rooted to his line.

His height stats are probably old as he was smallish and has had a significant growth spurt over the past year or so.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Hopefully we will add 1-2 more defenders next season and he'll end up playing Championship football before soon.
Why not hope that he disappears off the face of the Earth? He is such a hateful character, isn't he?

devilish

Why not hope that he disappears off the face of the Earth? He is such a hateful character, isn't he?
Oh what a drama queen.

At Championship/low EPL club level he can built a decent career. Take Shawcross as an example. He's had a great career at Stoke.

Also Id rather see us play a cnut whose magnificent in his role (:cough: Keane :cough: ), than the nicest guy in town whose pretty crap in his role (:cough: Ando :cough: ).

We can always loan him somewhere and see how it goes. He's definitely not United quality yet.

Last edited:

khoazany

Oh what a drama queen.
Are you talking about yourself?

I thought he did alright. It was his (and Blind) mistake for the first goal, couldn't handle Lukaku few times, but looked mostly fine. I've seen worse performance by Jones and Evans. At least he looked better than when watching Varane against Celta Vigo.
Nah let's not compare him to the mighty Varane.Paddy's Championship quality at best.

Last edited:

Kag

He's 19, are we expecting players to flourish from the age of 16 now?
No, that's not what I said. But I don't think 20 is all that young either, particularly if we're talking about the young players playing at Manchester United, or other top clubs.

It's not just a couple of mistakes either. I wouldn't be commenting too harshly if it was. Instead, his whole game turns upside down on the basis of one small error, and that was now the third game this season in which he could have been hooked early because of it. That's not a good trait to have, irrespective of age.

devilish

He had just one good game for us?

McNair I mean.
I am replying to your quote.

Young defenders are highly unreliable. I've lost count of the amount of young defenders being hailed the next Maldini or Baresi only to fail miserably. Im not referring to what fan's say either, most of them are too emotional and clueless. Im referring to what managers like Sacchi and Capello had said. Even our own SAF had dropped some silly comments on the matter. Do you remember the new 'Steve Bruce' Ronnie Wallwork? What about Wes being twice as good as Rio? Not to forget that random guy who said that Jones reminded him of Duncan Edwards!

To be fair its understandable to commit these sort of mistakes. Young defenders need to grow both in size and maturity to make it at the highest level. One injury or a dip in confidence can also ruin years of hard work. One good game means very little. TBF even one good season means nothing at this stage. OShea had a magnificent first season which were followed by....oh you know.

Mcnair needs games. Young defenders needs that. Hence why I believe that the best course of action is to let him go. We can either send him on loan or else put a minimum fee clause in his contract which is exclusive to us. Not playing with United is not the end of the line. Some great players had started their career with a dissapointment

Sarni

Oh what a drama queen.

At Championship/low EPL club level he can built a decent career. Take Shawcross as an example. He's had a great career at Stoke.

Also Id rather see us play a cnut whose magnificent in his role (:cough: Keane :cough: ), than the nicest guy in town whose pretty crap in his role (:cough: Ando :cough: ).

We can always loan him somewhere and see how it goes. He's definitely not United quality yet.
He's been fine for a first season of professional football and has had great games. Hoping he ends up playing in a lower division soon so we can replace him with an expensive big name player rather than he develops into a useful player here is exactly the sort of thing I'd expect from you though.

He's 20 and was not even expected to make his debut this season. He's done very, very well on most occasions and exceeded expectations. He was poor yesterday and against Southampton 5 months ago but I expect this from time to time.

Sarni

He is no Rio.

He is no Vidic.

He is no Stam.

His height is only 1.72.

He is not what we need.
Let's murder everyone who isn't one of the top 5 defenders in the world in their debut season at 19/20. Feed them to alligators or dinosaurs.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Nah let's not compare him to the mighty Varane.Paddy's Championship quality at best.
:D sarcasm noted.

Shocking claim about that championship thing. You'd think that the Premier League is full of 20 y.o. Baresis.

devilish

He's been fine for a first season of professional football and has had great games. Hoping he ends up playing in a lower division soon so we can replace him with an expensive big name player rather than he develops into a useful player here is exactly the sort of thing I'd expect from you though.

He's 20 and was not even expected to make his debut this season. He's done very, very well on most occasions and exceeded expectations. He was poor yesterday and against Southampton 5 months ago but I expect this from time to time.
We need an 'expensive' CB irrespective on whether Mcnair stays or goes. We've got no leaders at the back and bringing in one would benefit the current crop greatly. Now since we can't keep hoarding players in and expect them to magically develop without giving them regular first team football than some one will have to be sacrificed. SAF sacrificed Pique and Shawcross to give games to Evans. These things do happen in football.

Having Mcnair sent a smaller club may well save his career. If we truly believe in him than we can either loan him or put a minimum fee clause in his contract. However he needs to leave United. At his age he should be playing regular football.

Mali_Zeus

I am replying to your quote.

Young defenders are highly unreliable. I've lost count of the amount of young defenders being hailed the next Maldini or Baresi only to fail miserably. Im not referring to what fan's say either, most of them are too emotional and clueless. Im referring to what managers like Sacchi and Capello had said. Even our own SAF had dropped some silly comments on the matter. Do you remember the new 'Steve Bruce' Ronnie Wallwork? What about Wes being twice as good as Rio? Not to forget that random guy who said that Jones reminded him of Duncan Edwards!

To be fair its understandable to commit these sort of mistakes. Young defenders need to grow both in size and maturity to make it at the highest level. One injury or a dip in confidence can also ruin years of hard work. One good game means very little. TBF even one good season means nothing at this stage. OShea had a magnificent first season which were followed by....oh you know.

Mcnair needs games. Young defenders needs that. Hence why I believe that the best course of action is to let him go. We can either send him on loan or else put a minimum fee clause in his contract which is exclusive to us. Not playing with United is not the end of the line. Some great players had started their career with a dissapointment
Loan would do him good but to say sthing like he's Championship player at best which was said here is.. Well typical for football fans. Its mostly black or white. No middle ground.
Lets give him time, he can turn out to be good, lets not overwrite him so quickly.

devilish

Loan would do him good but to say sthing like he's Championship player at best which was said here is.. Well typical for football fans. Its mostly black or white. No middle ground.
I believe that he's CURRENTLY a regular first team player for a low EPL side/Championship football. He might attract the attention of Bayern for all I know but he would end up spending months on the bench same at United (if we had a decent defense). That doesn't mean he will spend all his career there? He's 20 FFS not 34

I cant understand why so many people loathe low level football. Beckham still recall his time at Preston as instrumental for his career. David Platt move to Crewe after being shown the door at United and he ended up England's captain. Beardsley played for a season in Canada before moving back to England. Championship football is not the end of the line

Last edited:

khoazany

I believe that he's CURRENTLY a regular first team player for a low EPL side/Championship football. He might attract the attention of Bayern for all I know but he would end up spending months on the bench same at United (if we had a decent defense). That doesn't mean he will spend all his career there? He's 20 FFS not 34

I cant understand why so many people loathe low level football. Beckham still recall his time at Preston as instrumental for his career. David Platt move to Crewe after being shown the door at United and he ended up England's captain. Beardsley played for a season in Canada before moving back to England. Championship football is not the end of the line
You used the word "end up" in your original post which normally used to talk about one's calibre, not "current level".Nobody is loathing Championship football here.

I still think it's better to keep him as number 5 CB for us next season though.As proved every season our number 5 CB would still get plenty of games, especially with McNair's versatility.If we sign a new player, it should be to replace an useless senior player (i.e Evans) rather than push the young players down the pecking order.I think McNair would be valuable in home games and if LVG didn't want to send Blackett out on loan this season (who's everyone can see desperately need a loan) ,I doubt he will send McNair out next season.

Last edited:

Mali_Zeus

If you would read my post carefully you'd see that I wrote - Loan would do him good.
No need for caps lock.

devilish

You used the word "end up" in your original post which normally used to talk about one's calibre, not "current level".Nobody is loathing Championship football here.

I still think it's better to keep him as number 5 CB for us next season though.As proved every season our number 5 CB would still get plenty of games, especially with McNair's versatility.If we sign a new player, it should be to replace an useless senior player rather than push the young players down the pecking order.
Well then, you misunderstood me. I try to answer to every post addressed to me. I would have answered your question if you only asked.

Regarding your second paragraph that's exactly how you ruin a young defender's career. At 20 the boy needs regular football and not bits and pieces of game separated by weeks and months of reserve football. I believe we should loan/sell (minimum clause fee which is exclusive for us) Mcnair to a smaller side and keep one of the 'useless' senior player as number 5. The boy will get regular first team football that hopefully will allow him to improve and prove himself that he's United quality while the rest will have to fight hard not to end up being the one constantly sitting on the bench.

Kindly note that most of the 'useless' senior players were once hailed and hyped on this same forum as much if not more than Mcnair is.

Classical Mechanic

He pulled out of that challenge with McCarthy. I don't think there is an excuse for that. Jones or Rojo would have erased McCarthy in that situation.

It wasn't a case of him being afraid to give a penalty either I don't think, the ball was in front of him to win and McCarthy was intent on running forward. He just pulled out unfortunately.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He's a young lad, games like this will happen now and again. Most of the team was shite, keep the faith in him he has a lot of good qualities.

Danish Wizard

Come on, he did okay yesterday. Made some errors, but overall okay.

He is still young, but what a season he has had. Great debut season for a young boy, great promise. Hopefully he can build on and learn from a great leader/defender in the next couple of years.

He is good when bringing the ball forward, and he will learn the defensive part of the game. Great talent.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He is no Rio.

He is no Vidic.

He is no Stam.

His height is only 1.72.

He is not what we need.
1.72m ? :lol:

And are you comparing him to 19 years old, Stam, Ferdinand and Vidic? Or to those players at their prime?