Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acole9

Outstanding
He's got to be one of the worst players I've seen in a United shirt, he is so out of his depth it is painful to watch. Can't believe he had the front to criticise Romero for playing the ball out to him when it was his failure to control the ball which made it roll out for a throw.

MAME DIOUF 32

He's still better than Blackett but I think that's the kindest thing I have to say about him. Will never make it under a competent manager.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Had high hopes for him, he had a few genuinely promising performances last season mixed in with a few shit ones. Been nothing other than shit this season. Not gonna completely write him off just yet, very testing circumstances and all that. I'm kind of bias toward the kid though if I'm honest.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Nah.... He's pretty bad. No point denying it.

Although, he wasn't originally a centre back. No excuse though for some of his very basic errors anytime I've seen him this season

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
He's got to be one of the worst players I've seen in a United shirt, he is so out of his depth it is painful to watch. Can't believe he had the front to criticise Romero for playing the ball out to him when it was his failure to control the ball which made it roll out for a throw.
Agreed.

DocRockter

He was really good last season when he was the last remaining fit defender.. Maybe it's the formation which him some cover, I don't know but now he looks very bad.

Skills

Snitch
He was really good last season when he was the last remaining fit defender.. Maybe it's the formation which him some cover, I don't know but now he looks very bad.
I remember him having 3 good games - West Ham home, Cambridge Home and Chelsea away. Only one of them really involved having to do much defending - the West Ham game.

He got hooked before half time at Southampton, hooked at half time vs Swansea and that dreadful performance against Everton away. I think one of the reason he looked good was because Blackett was so shit, he looked pretty good comparison.

Roboc7

Would struggle to get a game at most championship clubs, that is his current level and he simply isn't good enough to be involved in the first team at this time. He should have gone out on loan this season, it's done him no favours staying at the club this season.

Robbie Boy

I never saw anything in him whatsoever and now I just think he's an extremely poor player.

Stringer

The reactions from some in this place after a few decent performances was hilarious. Some were saying he could be our long term centre back :lol: He's so poor. Decent passer but terrible at pretty much defensive aspect of the game.

Roux

One of the worst players i've seen come through the Academy - he is an absolute liability.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
This. I was a fan of him last season in the few glimpses we saw, but that particular moment was ridiculous. Not even remotely Romero's fault. Probably sums up United, it's all someone else's fault.

He's had a mare this season when he's played. That said, it's hard to judge player's overall ability when the whole team is as shocking as it is, not to mention McNair playing once every 8 games or something. I'd like to see him go on loan and play every week before making a judgement on him, but I do think there is something about him.

El B

He's also a coward as well as being shit. At one point around the 50th minute, standing in acres of space he started pointing away so he wouldn't get passed the ball. Blind passed it to him regardless and he played an absolute hospital pass into Herrera leaving him in trouble just to get rid of the ball. That crap with blaming Romero would've been hilarious if it wasn't seemingly a symptom of a bigger problem. Too many cowards in this team, no leaders, everyone happy to pass the buck.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I am not a big fan of the Mcfail one but tbf I can't blame him for what's happening. The team is all over the place, the defense lack leadership and he's being played as a defender despite not being one.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I feel like we kept him around because he's better then Tyler Blackett...

Note: being better then Tyler Blackett should not be an indicator of anything useful.

Devil may care

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...niteds-paddy-mcnair-praised-by-michael-oneill
Michael O'Neill was full of praise for Paddy McNair's performance for Northern Ireland during their 1-1 draw against Wales on Thursday.

The 20-year-old Manchester United defender has played just nine first-team games for the Reds this season, often as a substitute, but turned in a solid display in Cardiff.

He played a part in the build up to Craig Cathcart's goal and the Northern Ireland manager said: "I was really pleased with him.

"He's just 20, not played a lot of first-team football with Manchester United and typically when he plays for Manchester United he plays at centre-back or sometimes as a full-back.

"But I think his best position is where we played him [a holding midfield slot just behind Steven Davis and Oliver Norwood].

"He was a physical presence but he showed his quality on the ball. He just needs to get used to playing at this level. I enjoyed him in there in that midfield with Davis and Norwood.

"It was encouraging to see him play as well as he did for as long as he did. If you look at Paddy's games in recent weeks, they would have been development games for Manchester United. So it's a huge step up and I thought he handled it very well."

khoazany

At least there's a manager that see him as a holding midfielder.Always look like one to me instead of centre-back.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
That's why I said on loan first, there is no point sitting around here as he simply isn't good enough.
We don't know if they are doing personal work with him to rectify his decision making and any technical defects they see that need to be addressed. The coaching staff cannot work on him if he is away on loa and United usually send players out only after they reach a certain level of maturity.

khoazany

We don't know if they are doing personal work with him to rectify his decision making and any technical defects they see that need to be addressed. The coaching staff cannot work on him if he is away on loa and United usually send players out only after they reach a certain level of maturity.
The best way for a converted defender like McNair to learn how to defend is through experience.Going on loan is the only way now for McNair to ever have a chance to break in the team again imo with the likes of TFM/Williams already overtaken him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He needs a loan. It's undeniable. Barely played this season.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
They'll have been doing personal work on him for 3 years now. You can't sit around doing personal work until you are 23 and expect to make it. He needs to put it to the test and he isn't going to do that here. If they want to convert him to DM then he can stay in the u21s for a bit but he'll need to go on loan still because he has even less of a chance of playing there for the first team.

SteveW

I like McNair because he likes to attack but it's hard to see him making it here. He's not good enough in possession to be a midfielder here and he's not able to defend. I don't think it's a simple as working with him to teach him how to defend. If that was the case any athletic youngster could play top level football. He just doesn't seem to have sharp enough defensive instincts at this level

SteveW

Clearly not

He might not be good enough eventually for Utd but I think he can be a premier league defender for sure
I haven't seen anything to suggest he could. He's been bad pretty much all of the time since he broke through. I could see him dropping down to the championship. What makes you see him as PL player?

prateik

I think he can be a good player. He needs a good premier league loan where he gets minutes... and he will get minutes if we can get him a decent club.. Not someone in the top half.. they would have defenders.. But a side that wants a defender..
I think he'll do well if he gets regular minutes... and then we'll know better if he can make the step up..

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He won't get regular minutes at any PL team on loan. No PL side wants a 21 year old with 1600 minutes of first team football under his belt other than to be a back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.