Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
1) First of all he must go on loan next season.....to sell him could be a mistake.
2) That club must play him in midfield (I still think that is his best position and he will do what Dier has done this season).

m1y2

He was only seen as a good prospect because he offers something else from defence but that's just because he is not a defender but midfielder. Maybe as a DM he will make a good career but I don't think jose will rate him at all. He needs a lot work on him and there is no time for that however if he stars on loan there is a little chance for. A lot more talented footballers ahead of him though

Spock

I still really like McNair but I have a hard time seeing where on the pitch he can make a name for himself at United in the long run.

We're going to pick up a solid CB this summer, Stones I suppose. And if Jones can stay healthy for six months (I know, I know) he's several notches above McNair no question. Ok, what about RB? Darmian, Varela and Valencia say boo to that. LB? Shaw and Bo-Jack object. What about defensive midfield? Timothy Fosu-Mensah giggles. Paddy is no attacking midfielder, no trequartista, no winger and no striker.

If the man has to be sent off, or at least loaned for a season never to be seen again at OT, I'll always remember that run of 5 or 6 incredible performances Paddy put in for us. I can't recall the opponent, but that crazy back header on the cross saved us from a certain goal that could have sent us in a serious tail spin last season.

Jaybomb

I don't rate him at all. Haven't seen any of his games for Northern Ireland though, so is he a CDM now? That could potentially save his United career if so.

Still think he should be loaned out next season. Hopefully to a Premier League team like West Brom or Watford or something like that. He needs game time. I always rated Blackett over him though. McNair to me seems like your typical average "British" player but Blackett for me, looks like he could be something special.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I don't rate him at all. Haven't seen any of his games for Northern Ireland though, so is he a CDM now? That could potentially save his United career if so.

Still think he should be loaned out next season. Hopefully to a Premier League team like West Brom or Watford or something like that. He needs game time. I always rated Blackett over him though. McNair to me seems like your typical average "British" player but Blackett for me, looks like he could be something special.
Blackett?

Really?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
CDMs usually mature quite late, so I can still see him forging a good solid career. I just don't think he's going get his opportunity with United under Mourinho. At the same age, Schneiderlin was playing in the championship with Southampton and we've also seen how Danny Drinkwater's career turned around since leaving United. So a loan spell or two won't hurt him.

khoazany

McNair is/will become a decent player but if we need a youth CDM we should have just kept Ben Pearson.

mu4c_20le

Jose is pretty good with DM's, maybe he'll find a way to utilize him. He's versatile enough to play across the back four as well i think.

Jaybomb

Blackett :lol: Not going to take that post seriously. There is not a single thing the guy does better than McNair.
Please. His Passing, physicality and strength are all significantly better than McNair. This loan move to Celtic has been a disaster, so it's harsh to judge him on that. If he was at United this season, I fancy him to make more of an impression with all the youth coming through this season. He has all the attributes to be a top CB for us in my opinion. But it all depends on who Jose signs. Obviously Varane would be years ahead of him. But if he focused purely on the youth, then I'd put Blackett near the top of the list, alongside Wilson.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Please. His Passing, physicality and strength are all significantly better than McNair. This loan move to Celtic has been a disaster, so it's harsh to judge him on that. If he was at United this season, I fancy him to make more of an impression with all the youth coming through this season. He has all the attributes to be a top CB for us in my opinion. But it all depends on who Jose signs. Obviously Varane would be years ahead of him. But if he focused purely on the youth, then I'd put Blackett near the top of the list, alongside Wilson.
No, his passing is nowhere close. He might be slightly stronger but for being such a big fecker he is incredibly soft and has no idea how to use his size. This loan has been a disaster, he was a disaster in our first team, he was a disaster when he dropped back down to the u21s and he was a disaster on all of his previous loans. There is a reason he was shipped out this season, van Gaal finally realized how bloody awful he is.

Blackett something special, top of the list of our youth. Loublaze will be pleased to find he is no longer the only member of the club that rates Blackett. He is no where near good enough, never has and never will.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
No chance.

prath92

Is this a joke? He could be a decent CB for a team like WBA and all who needs full backs who defend but would be extremely lucky to get a chance here. Even Wilson will find himself lucky to get a chance next season at United.

quethenoo

Northern Irish guy I speak to said he was amazing playing CDM the other day, which I guess given the fact that he was always reasonably comfortable on the ball shouldn't be too much of a surprise.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I like McNair. Although want him gone on loan to a championship team where he can be a regular. Still feel he can be a decent squad player for us

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Northern Irish guy I speak to said he was amazing playing CDM the other day, which I guess given the fact that he was always reasonably comfortable on the ball shouldn't be too much of a surprise.
Yeah, i really like him playing for NI in a midfield role whereas i havn't been a fan of him at all in defence for Utd. He'll be very close to a starter in the Euro's, has done very well in the last few games. The tournament should be a good experience for him.

quethenoo

Yeah, i really like him playing for NI in a midfield role whereas i havn't been a fan of him at all in defence for Utd. He'll be very close to a starter in the Euro's, has done very well in the last few games. The tournament should be a good experience for him.
Yep he always looked like he had a mistake in him as well as having a few stinkers, hopefully this role will suit his attributes a bit better as he does look like a decent player at times.

Diablodave

Has been a breath of Fresh air for us NI fans. He was superb against Greece making those bombing runs down the right flank from right back and has been just as comfortable in the Defensive midfield slot. It's a relief to see players like this coming through off the back of Baird and Hughes' probable swansong in France.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Right...

Bwuk

I'm probably his biggest critic when he's played for us, especially at CB.

Hope he proves me wrong about him and has a great game today against Poland. All the best Paddy.

prath92

He was very good for us in his first season, especially considering that it's his first senior season ever.

I think he could be a good squad defender like Evans used to be.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
didnt watch the game but noticed he was subbed at half time - injured or crap?

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
didnt watch the game but noticed he was subbed at half time - injured or crap?
Neither (as far as I know not injured anyway). Just sacrificed so NI could add more offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.