Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Patrick James Coleman McNair
Apr 27, 1995 (21)
Northern Ireland
1.84 m

Warren Joyce introduced him to his Under-21 squad and described McNair as one of the most improved players in the squad as he nailed down a regular spot at the heart of the defence. It was his crucial last-gasp strike at Reading that ensured a top-four place in the Barclays Under-21 Premier League and progression to the knockout stages.

Joyce did also hint the defender may revert to a midfield role in 2014/15 where his composure and ability to handle one-on-one situations can continue to flourish. However, he impressed as a centre-back and continued to make remarkably rapid strides to earn his stripes in the first team.

Northern Ireland manager Michael O’Neill also believes McNair’s future may lie as a holding midfielder rather than a defender... it will be interesting to see if Jose Mourinho agrees.​

Bwuk

Not good enough as a CB for me.

Not really seen him in midfield.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I think he definately should be loaned out this year. At the stage where he needs regular football which hopefully he'd get at somewhere like Burnley. Unsure if he'll be good enough to succeed here but would like to see how he performs over a full season before writing him off. He did look pretty good for NI as a holding midfielder and that's where i'd like to see him playing

ChaddyP

I wonder what his best position is. He may be another holding mid instead of defender sort of like TFM

ThanksBoss26

Needs a good pre-season. Only a year of his contract left so if he goes out on loan, I imagine it'll be the end for him here.

khoazany

I see the Sunderland fans over on their forum think he's a-bit wank.
He didn't have a good game but I think it's mainly down to the initial impression of them on him (the own goal that cost them point).

Wouldn't be surprised to see him dropped next game though.Love and Januzaj's places on the other hand are safe.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I miss him. He was like a beacon of hope for all of us. If he can play for Manchester United then so can we.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I miss him. He was like a beacon of hope for all of us. If he can play for Manchester United then so can we.
I'd love to see you play a game against him, I suspect even the worst premiership player currently would be on a different planet to the vast majority of people who kick a ball about.

I remember playing in a 5-a-side football tournament against a team that had an aged +40 ex Irish League player in it - I initally laughed and thought it would be a joke to play against a fat, out of shape ex part-time footballer. The guy was probably one of the best players i'd ever played against and made me eat my words.

Robbie Boy

I'd love to see you play a game against him, I suspect even the worst premiership player currently would be on a different planet to the vast majority of people who kick a ball about.
I would certainly hope so.

devilish

I remember playing in a 5-a-side football tournament against a team that had an aged +40 ex Irish League player in it - I initally laughed and thought it would be a joke to play against a fat, out of shape ex part-time footballer. The guy was probably one of the best players i'd ever played against and made me eat my words.
Ah if only you knew whom I played football against. There again you're right the gap between amateur football and top level football is significant especially for me whom growing old and Im becoming unfit.

You shouldn't take everything literally though.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Ah if only you knew whom I played football against. There again you're right the gap between amateur football and top level football is significant especially for me whom growing old and Im becoming unfit.

You shouldn't take everything literally though.
It was a very unfair comment, that is why I felt the need to point it out. You may not rate him but why do people on this forum feel the need to keep talking the kid down even though he is no longer a Man Utd player? Give the lad a break.

devilish

It was a very unfair comment, that is why I felt the need to point it out. You may not rate him but why do people on this forum feel the need to keep talking the kid down even though he is no longer a Man Utd player? Give the lad a break.
Its because its a football forum and we discuss players and their performances. I believe that Mcnair is championship level. Sunderland is too big for him let alone Manchester United

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I think he has been bought with the future in mind and is only in the team because Kone and Kirchhoff are both injured. Love is likely deputising for Billy Jones too. Januzaj will play and I think will do pretty well.

Bwuk

I remember when I said he was one of the worst centre backs who've made 15+ appearances for us, and people disagreed with me.

McNair is woeful, and Love isn't any better. They'll end up in the championship/league one.

Donut

This thread needs to be moved, since he's no longer our player, and thank god for that.

Bogga

I've been reading a bit on the Sunderland forum and the comments are anything but kind. They think we should be thankful for them taking our players... and to be honest I am :lol:

Love and McNair wouldn't be anywhere close to playing for us, I honestly don't see why Moyes would want these two, let alone let them start for Sunderland.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He was terrible in tephe Derby from what I saw. Love dis well enough though

Status
Not open for further replies.