Padel

OleBoiii

Has anyone tried this? I played it for the first time a few days ago and had an absolute blast! If you've ever had fun playing tennis or squash(or both), then I can almost guarantee that you will like this sport!

Padel is essentially a mix between tennis and squash(see video below) but the learning curve is not nearly as steep, which makes it an ideal sport to pick up with casuals and people who aren't that athletic. The downside is that it's a bit of a niche sport so it's hard to find facilities. Also, being a 2-on-2 sport obviously makes it harder to find enough people to play with. But if you see an opportunity then I really recommend that you try it out!

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Really been having fun with this lately, basically since last summer. In the beginning it was easy to score winners but the better we've gotten, the harder it is and the more you realize you have to be really patient and shot selection is key.

Getting a permanent partner and sticking to one side of the court has also helped us a lot. We've already been playing (and winning) some small tournaments, which is easy enough in the beginning since you're ranked P100 and playing against bad players, but think it's gonna be fun against tougher opposition this summer as well.

Also a fun sport to watch, spectacular points from time to time. Ale Galan / Juan LeBron are truly fantastic to watch.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Level of play defiitely is at an all-time high right now imo. Tapia/Coello look pretty much unbeatable - gonna be interesting to see how Lebron/Galan react to that or whether they can get back to their previous level, or if Di Nenno/Stupa can take their level up a notch and win some H2H's against them.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
It's a really fun game. They opened up some courts at the Notts County ground last year and I went with a few guys from work when they were doing an opening discount.

It's a very intense aerobic exercise and more fun IMO than tennis because of the rebound factor.

Also this thread's OP :(

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Tapia/Coello finally beaten today in Valladolid, after something like 15ish tournaments won in a row... Of course by Di Nenno and Stupa, the only ones coming close right now until Lebron is healthy again to pair up with Galan. Crazy game :drool:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Yesterday's final in Mendoza, Argentina. Worth a watch, the two best duos at it once again.

Especially Tapia does some mind-blowing stuff from time to time, I don't think anyone has ever reached the heights he's currently playing at, perhaps maybe Lebron a few years ago.

ArjenIsM3

Having a big tear in my Osaka Pro Tour Power Soft racket I'm currently on the lookout for a quality replacement. Smashes are my weakness so you could say I'd have to go for a top heavy diamond shaped racket to negate that or I could get something like a mid balanced teardrop or hybrid shape to enhance my strengths. Thoughts?

ArjenIsM3

Cool, I played pickleball back in November for the first time and it was great. If this is similar I see the appeal definitely :)

Ah I see, it's got walls to play off too! Seen it in Spain I think. Looks quality.
Yeah it's very popular in Spain but the sport is growing in popularity globally I think. Certainly here in The Netherlands the amount of courts is growing. It's just hampered by people filing noise complaints to stop businesses from getting the right permits.