Pandemic crisis - will the summer transfer window go ahead?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If this current crisis stretches into summer will they cancel the window?

I wouldn’t imagine many clubs will want to spend money

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It has to, in some capacity I think. Players are out of contract and need their futures resolved, and many clubs will suffer further and possible extinction without being able to sell some players.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Will clubs have any money to spend?

Don't see much going on myself...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Will clubs have any money to spend?

Don't see much going on myself...
Even if they just trade players - some form of deals will happen. Many teams go into many windows with little or no money to spend. Harry Redknapp used to do it and come out with 8 signings!

RUCK4444

Even if they just trade players - some form of deals will happen. Many teams go into many windows with little or no money to spend. Harry Redknapp used to do it and come out with 8 signings!
Yeah but more often than not they were about as useful as 8 sacks of shite

I said in another thread that if United want to really stamp their authority on the game they need to flex whatever financial muscle we can after this blows over.

I know it’s a selfish way of looking at a terrible situation but business is business, if we can get a leg up through our financial standing then we shouldn't let the opportunity slip.
Especially if they relax the FFP rules in the aftermath of this pandemic.

You have to have a transfer window.

if you look outside of the PL, there are lots of clubs that will have 6-12 players out of contract, so you need a window.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Aren’t FIFA meeting soon to decide on extending contracts and the transfer window? They’re trying to shift stuff about to help national leagues finish.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
I suppose running a club conservatively with no debt might come into it's own now. Such a club might snap up some bargains that others are having to shed. If there are any such clubs that is.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Clubs in Germany are taking pay cuts now to help the club out, Bayern, Dortmund etc, the entire squads have taken paycuts to help the financial situation. The big german clubs have also created a 20 million Euro solidarity fund to help out smaller German clubs.

This will come to the Premier League as well if it has to.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Clubs in Germany are taking pay cuts now to help the club out, Bayern, Dortmund etc, the entire squads have taken paycuts to help the financial situation. The big german clubs have also created a 20 million Euro solidarity fund to help out smaller German clubs.

Believe it when I see it!

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

It will and I hope the players don't kick up a fuss.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
LIke every other industry at the moment contracts will be extended and any transfer window will follow suit.