Pape Sarr

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Have to laugh at some of these 'highlights' videos for players that just don't have that many highlights yet (whether they're good enough or not to have any in the future). Only watched 3 minutes and almost all of it has been a load of nothing that you'd expect any professional player in his position to be able to do. Running forwards with the ball for 4 steps into wide open space! Passing sideways on the halfway line!

My personal favourite is 1:25 where he plays an absolute hospital pass and it just cuts to the next thing before you see the result. :lol:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Adnan

Talent Spotter
A superb prospect who many on here will obviously turn their nose up at due to him not being a known name. But from what I've seen of the young midfielder, he looks a player who has both the physical and technical elements to his game that would suit the rigours of the EPL.

It's being reported that he could be sold and then loaned back to Metz for the season, which I think is a good move if the scouting reports are positive. He will turn 19 in a couple of weeks, so another season in ligue 1 will do him good.

mu4c_20le

Chelsea are good with Sarrs, so if they are interested, i'm in

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Any relation to Ismaila? He came through at Metz too iirc

Adnan

Talent Spotter
No one's gonna pay that amount for that kid.
Don't put it past us, we paid similar for Amad Diallo who never made a start for Atalanta. Pape Sarr on the other hand has started numerous times for Metz in their first team.

kode

Any relation to Ismaila? He came through at Metz too iirc
both are from Senegal, Sarr is a common name. Metz has a strong partnership with one of the best academy in Senegal, and they have had Mane too.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Can't believe Daniel James gets in the side over this guy! :mad: :mad: :mad:

lysglimt

Scout
The first coloured player in Norwegian football was also called Sarr - he was from Gambia. His manager who later became a pundit loved telling a story which he said was the only time a player had managed to shut him up (he was known for talking and shouting a lot both as manager and pundit - Ivar Hoff for you Norwegians)

One time poor Saihou Sarr had a really bad game - gave the ball away over and over again - and the manager yelled at him time and time again. Finally Sarr got tired and walked over to his manager and said: "Hey Ivar - give it a rest, everyone can have a white day"

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I swear when these sort of links appear and United, Chelsea and Real Madrid have their name thrown into the ring they always end up at the likes of Southampton, Brighton or West Ham.

Chief123

Apparently he head butted a teammate in training last year. Blinded him in one eye. Ever since then, he’s been known as Sarrs in your eyes.

jesperjaap

Ive watched a reasonable amount of French football the last season or so.....and have realised I dont think I hav eseen a single game involoving Metz as had never heard of him until a couple of days ago

Mark Pawelek

Seems likely and unlikely to me. Likely because we tried to sign a player with a similar profile last season (Bellingham). Unlikely because €40m is a massive amount for an 18 year old player, who's not obviously a 'generational talent'. Iliax Moriba (Barca), and Camavinga (Rennes) are also available. Moriba looks like the obvious standout talent of his generation with a smarter price (€25m). Moriba and Camavinga contracts both expire next summer. Moriba is more obviously box-to-box. Sarr seems to be more of a midfield sitter. Sarr still has 4 more years left with Metz. He'll go straight back on loan if we get him but Moriba and Camavinga would want to play. If we're in for Sarr, I guess Moriba and Camavinga turned us down?

kode

Sarr isnt a sitter he is a box to box with great passing and shot, he has done more than Moriba and was better last season than camavinga. He has great potential however An extra season would be great for him at metz.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Sarr isnt a sitter he is a box to box with great passing and shot, he has done more than Moriba and was better last season than camavinga. He has great potential however An extra season would be great for him at metz.
Agreed. I also rate him higher than Moriba who I don't particularly rate highly.

tompo18

Watching his highlights', I like the look of this kid.

Looks to be dynamic, and I believe calm and composed on the ball.

Very good actually.

SAFMUTD

I have no feelings towards unknown youngsters since the Moises Caicedo saga.:cool:

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Shame we got rid of Mame Biram Diouf. Otherwise we could have Mame and Pape playing together.

Bondi77

Plays like Pogba.
We need to sell Pereira and Lingard.
How does James get in the team.
Jones is always injured.
Yawn ,Yawn, Yawn.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The president flew to England just to talk? dont they have phones?

SATA

Now this is one bs rumour that i'm certain our name is being used here. In fact i can't see any of the Prem top sides being interested, at least not now

DeeDee7

I love how people have literally derived their logic straight outa football manager and into real life to the point they can say "Looks like he’s going to develop into one heck of a player in my opinion.".........
But thanks for the FM22 cheapie recommendation!