Paratici - Spurs' DoF: Ongoing assessment

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Arrived in June. Tried to appoint Conte as Manager. Club didn't satisfy his requirements. So they had a period of negotiating with Paulo Fonseca, who said he'd been offered the job, but nothing came of it. Maybe the offer was rescinded. They then went for Gattuso, which was put to a halt by fan backlash. There were rumours of Nagelsmann and Rodgers, but neither came to the table. And then they ended up with Nuno Espírito Santo. Sacked in October. Hired Conte.

Now the January window after Conte has pressured the club publicly. Went for Adama Traore, who then went to Barca. Then it was the rising star Luis Diaz, who they got the ball rolling with, only to see Liverpool step in and close the deal. So they turn to Bentancur (once highly rated) whom Juve have been trying to shift, and another player out of favour at Juve, Kulusevski (another once highly rated). Now, they may come good for Spurs, but they clearly weren't main targets and Paratici (and Conte) is having to go back to his previous employer to pick up a couple of players his old club is trying to flog.

In the summer they signed Emerson Royal, Bryan Gil and Pape Sarr (an 18 year old DM loaned back to Metz where he's in the starting XI). Bryan Gil who they have an obligation to purchase at the end of June has now been loaned out to Valencia.

They were more busy shifting players, with Sissoko sold to Watford (3.5m euros), Alderweireld sold to Al-Duhail (impressive 13m euros), Foyth sold to Villareal (15m) and Lamela and Rose released at the end of their contracts.

Now they've also sent Ndombele, signed for 60m euros (record signing), out on loan to Lyon (the club who sold him for 60m) for 1.4m euro loan fee. And Dele Alli, whose stock has declined non-stop, is presumably joining Everton on loan with an obligation to buy for what some outlets report to be 10m (sterling).

All in all that is one hell of a shit show.

Edit: Not to forget that they could have bitten the bullet and sold Kane for (I assume) 120-130m if they'd put the squeeze on City and really started a new project. Same as Barca, missing out on 100m or more for Messi and taking his astronomical salary of Barca's book the summer prior.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I don't see a plan at Spurs beyond hoping Conte can man manage Kane and Son to carry spurs to 4th place.

mu4c_20le

You forgot Lo Celso, signed for 40m, so that's two midfielders worth 100m going out on loan this window.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
You forgot Lo Celso, signed for 40m, so that's two midfielders worth 100m going out on loan this window.
Yes, but he was signed last season, prior to Paratici taking over as DoF.

jetlee

Yeah, seems like a desperate idiot, whose plan is to sign 320 players in the hope that at least 5 can be used, and flogging around all the others.
Would be surprised to see him there a year from now still.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
The guy is working under Levy, he’s nothing more than a patsy. I have no problem with him he is doing well to clear the players we need out.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I don't think Spurs have any kind of long term plan and Paratici doesn't seem to be helping with that.

They bought Gil and Royal for one manager and then quickly hired a new manager who doesn't seem to have a use for either one. Now they've started the process of reshaping the team for Conte but odds are very high he'll leave in a year or two, leaving headaches for the next guy. For example, what is the next manager going to do with four CMs that are all kind of the same (Hojberg, Skipp, Winks, Bentencur), tidy and energetic but without much ball-playing ability or contribution in the final third?

In the end, to be successful over time you need either a manager who stays a long time and really gives the club some consistent vision in terms of its footballing identity (ie, Liverpool) or a DoF who recruits with a particular footballing vision in mind and then managers are expected to operate within those parameters (ie, Bayern).

Paratici doesn't seem to be trying to find a long term manager, nor is he trying to establish a footballing identity independent of the manager.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Paractici built his reptutation under Beppe Moratta's wings.

Moratta was ushered out of Juve and went on to make Inter champions. Paratici was ushered out of Juve and...

I think we can see who was more important to Juve's success.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
I don't think Spurs have any kind of long term plan and Paratici doesn't seem to be helping with that.

For example, what is the next manager going to do with four CMs that are all kind of the same (Hojberg, Skipp, Winks, Bentencur), tidy and energetic but without much ball-playing ability or contribution in the final third?
Their recruitment was rubbish before Paratici arrived, been rubbish for a few years now. I agree on the CM signing as well, I just do not see the need for another CM that is essentially the same as the other three. They needed some creativity in midfield, or a player who can progress the ball opening up passing angles. Who do they bring on in that midfield area to give options in the final third if they go behind? Instead they brought in another CM/DM type, but it is Conte, guess we wait and see if it pans out and we eat our words.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I'm not sure how you can evaluate a DoF who hasn't been in the position for under a year, especially if they are entering a shit show. Their work is more strategic lasting over years (for good or bad)

Unless this thread exists simply to laugh at Spurs. If so, carry on

ArunCph

Supports
Tottenham
Ok let me break this down....Paratici seems to be getting unwarranted flack

1. When Paratici was appointed, Spurs were already through with 3 managerial interview. He was still in Italy, did not set foot in UK when he was involved in Managerial search. Paratici's first choice was Conte , he brought him to the table and it was Levy who wasnt convinced of Conte in interview process. Conte was also then unsure if Levy can keep Kane. Levy just did not go the extra mile
  2. Levy did not give free reign on managerial choice. Basically common pattern in managerial search for - all 7 managers interviwed were free. None of them have to be compensated. When you have to work with this, its difficult job
  3. Now Nuno was appointed. Paratici job was to do this as a project. So, he brought in young players who could be developed - Gil , Pape Sarr (next season), Emerson.
  4. Had Levy appointed Conte, Paratici would have gone for a wingback not Emerson. Same for Gil or Sarr. Players choice would have been different
  5. On signings themselves : Romero, Gollini,Kulusevski -loan + option
  6. Gollini isnt good enough -he can be sent back at no cost
  7. Romero & Kulusevski could stay if they are a hit
You take Edu - he has been terrible - brought in Willian on fat contract, gave a new fat deal for Aubameyang. Signed Pepe for 70m. Then nearly gave away half the squad for free

Paratici has done nothing of that sort yet. Bentancur who has 180+ Juve caps, 46 Uruguay cap is brought in for 15m£+addons, while Kulusevski is on 18month loan + obligation if Spurs qqualify for CL and he had certain number of appearances. By every reporting thats available, he almost nailed the Lis Diaz deal, only for Diaz's Colombian agent to leak the exact sum Spurs were offering to Liverpool & Liverpool ended up bidding exact number and Diaz decided to go. Had that deal gone through, everyone would be lauding Paratici for his role

End of the day, had Levy appointed Conte (his first choice) in summer, signings would have been to suit Conte and transition would have been far smooth

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He is taking a lot of heat this morning. I think it's unfair.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The intention here is not to neglect how horrendous a job Levy has done in recent years and how he has this strange reputation for being this shrewd businessman (that supporter who labelled the club a real estate developer wasn't far off). And the intention here isn't to suggest that Edu (see above post) is in some way better in his role.

I also think the whole managerial fiasco in the summer overlapped with Paratici's appointment, so he cannot be exempt from that as that, let's be honest, is part of his mandate.

This is not so much just laugh at Spurs, which it still is, but more about DoF's and whether their reputation is merited. As I said in the title, it's an ongoing assessment. But for my money, so far, he's not pulled up any trees.

ArunCph

Supports
Tottenham
The intention here is not to neglect how horrendous a job Levy has done in recent years and how he has this strange reputation for being this shrewd businessman (that supporter who labelled the club a real estate developer wasn't far off). And the intention here isn't to suggest that Edu (see above post) is in some way better in his role.

I also think the whole managerial fiasco in the summer overlapped with Paratici's appointment, so he cannot be exempt from that as that, let's be honest, is part of his mandate.

This is not so much just laugh at Spurs, which it still is, but more about DoF's and whether their reputation is merited. As I said in the title, it's an ongoing assessment. But for my money, so far, he's not pulled up any trees.
See, every DoF makes mistakes. Even the great Monchi. Monchi was such a successful DoF at Sevilla - he went to Rome and it was a shambles of a tenure. 230m of players sold and he wasted 200m of those on flops.

Paratici has been part & parcel of Juve's rebuild in 2011. Moratta was his boss but even Morratta on multiple times have said it is Paratici that heads the scout, talks to agents, brings party to gether and only final approval stages deals come to his table. Moratta credits Paratici for every big impact they signed - it was him that made the scouting & deal to sign Pogba from United. Bonnuci, Vidal, Coman, Cancelo, Cheisa were all his signing.

When Moratta left and Paratici took over, he did make some mistakes - main one being going ahead with Agnelli (Juve chairman) choice of bringing Ronaldo even if that meant 70% of Juve budget had to be used. He made couple of bad free transfers in Rabiot & Ramsey. Otherwise, he did do a Chiesa deal in them & brought in some gems. On managerial front, Sarri was his choice - while Sarri wasnt accepted he did win Serie A in end. Next up Pirlo - was not Paratici choice - it was forced from Agnelli & Nedved in the board room. He went along & paid the price. He left on mutual consent and came to Spurs

Lets see how this goes -for me, Paratici has so much credit left on his books to even contemplate questioning him so early in Spurs tenure. Lets see how Summer shapes up and can have a verdict on him

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
He is taking a lot of heat this morning. I think it's unfair.
For over paying for Juventus squad players, the total fees being the exact amount they needed to sign Vlasovic?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
For over paying for Juventus squad players, the total fees being the exact amount they needed to sign Vlasovic?
Was Vlahovic an option? Was he interested in joining them over Juventus?

Chipper

Adulterer.
Is it bad to to attempt but ultimately fail to sign certain players?

If you have massively unrealistic targets where players have no interest at all in going there then it's a waste of time but was that the case with Traore and Diaz? Once Barcelona and Liverpool were in for them they're likely to choose them over Spurs but I don't know, it sounds like they were close on both deals with the players being open to move there and not being psychic how are they to know that someone else will or won't come in for these players?

Sounds like it's just typical transfer dealings for anyone but the very top clubs. You target someone, hope to sign them, the chances look decent only to get trumped by a bigger or richer club coming in at a later point. Spurs themselves probably do that to clubs like Brighton, Palace or Southampton all the time.

Could also put a positive spin on it as even though they failed to sign them at least they're targeting players that ultimately interest the bigger clubs. That says something about their scouting network if they're in the consensus with others. If they had a free ride at signing everyone that interested in them and nobody else wanted the players they did then you'd have to ask questions!

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see missing out on players in that way as a thing to criticise them for even trying to do.

Last edited:

ArunCph

Supports
Tottenham
Where did he overpay ?

Bentancur in 4 seasons have 180+ Juve caps and played a key pivotal role in 2019/20 seriea win under Sarri. He is a regular starter for Juve. He has been bought for 15m£ - hows that overpaying ?

Kulusevski has been brought in for 18month loan + Obligation to buy for 30m£ , IF conditions are met. Conditions are Spurs get CL with him playing certain amount of games in it. Why is this overpaying for a 21 year old , who has been voted as Young Serie A player of the season for 2019/20....that season he had 10 goals & 9 assist as a 18 year old. How is this overpaying for a prospect ?

Dont go with Juve fans narrative. They gave similar view for Coman. Paratci scouted & brought Coman from PSG on free transfer as a 18 year old.

Allegri did not use Coman properly and insisted he be replaced. In a year or so, he was sold for 20m+ because the then manager didnt fancy him. Coman was ridiculed the same way by Juve fans...only now when he is shining for Bayern they regret letting him go in hindsight.

So Same Allegri has sidelined Kulusevski this year and Paratici sees the value in him and taken a punt

There are 2 ways one can report this - Paratici is lazy & he just went to his old club for help. Or, Paratici is putting his job on line and taking a punt on 2 players who he knows inside out. Also, Conte wanted Kulusevski at Inter - Player then chose to go to Juve. So, Paratici is getting a cut price loan deal for a player who Conte wants

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Far too early to judge Paratici yet. What I will say is that he has done more in the past few weeks than we have been able to do in many years in terms of getting rid of players we no longer want. That's always been a huge issue for us because of Levy's penny pinching. The fact Paratici has managed to off-load N'Dombele, Lo Celso and Dele in one window is absolutely fantastic.

I'm also a fan of the incomings this window - obviously it will take time to judge if they work out well but on paper at least they seem to be two players that will slot into our first team and strengthen positions we needed strengthening.

Not that it has all been great of course - Nuno being appointed was a disaster and he was involved in signing the likes of Emerson who may have been excellent for the way Nuno wanted to play but unfortunately is not suited at all to Conte's way of playing but I guess you can't blame Paratici for that.

Romero looks like a top class defender to me every time he has played and has been unlucky with injuries.

As for this comment - if you think a fee of £15 million for a 24 year old player who has 133 appearances for Juventus and 47 caps for Uruguay is 'over paying' then I'd say most people would think you are mad. Also Kulu is currently a loan with only an obligation to buy if certain conditions are met - if he does well for us then I'd say the future transfer value may well turn out to be perfectly reasonable.

Pintu

The point being he's done Juve a favour as "used to" work for them.
Not true. Juventus could have sold Bentancur to A Villa for the same price or more. And they also could have loaned Kulusevski to other clubs or just kept him, the 3 M loan fee is not changing anything.

If he wanted to do Juventus a favour he would have taken Ramsey or Morata on loan, or bought some outcasts, not Bentancur or Kulusevski.

This being said, it seems he has his agents, and he keeps working with them. Buying the same players twice.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
Not true. Juventus could have sold Bentancur to A Villa for the same price or more. And they also could have loaned Kulusevski to other clubs or just kept him, the 3 M loan fee is not changing anything.

If he wanted to do Juventus a favour he would have taken Ramsey or Morata on loan, or bought some outcasts, not Bentancur or Kulusevski.

This being said, it seems he has his agents, and he keeps working with them. Buying the same players twice.
Morata is on loan and loaning him out would've cost juventus some money from italian tax break which require the player to stay at least 2years in Italy else you'll have to pay back the taxes you didn't pay.
If Paratici wanted to do us any good he would've taken the duo Ramsey for free but final deal and Rabiot for a bit of money :D useless and super wages players
Bentancur and Kulu could've stayed as squad members giving they're on cheap wages and young.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I just don't see a plan with Paratici, beyond the short term calculus of appointing Conte, giving him some players for his system, and hoping he gets into the top four and/or bags a domestic cup before he leaves. It's not realistic for Spurs to compete for the league in the next year or two given the current quality of their squad and the standard set by City. And Conte's never been successful in European play, even with much more talented sides, so the ceiling with him really is just maybe making the CL and maybe winning the FA or League Cup. But Conte is almost certainly going to leave in summer 2023 or summer 2024. He's had eight managerial appointments and stayed two years or less in seven of them. And by that point, Kane and Son will be in their early 30s and declining hard. What's the plan beyond that?

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal

He'd have to be some magician to make Ramsey sign for Spurs though :lol:

Pintu

He'd have to be some magician to make Ramsey sign for Spurs though :lol:
I am not sure about that. Ramsey seemed desperate for a higher caliber club than the ones that came for him (Burnley, Palace... ) and according to his interview, he ended up choosing Rangers for the European football and the thrill of a title race.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
You take Edu - he has been terrible - brought in Willian on fat contract, gave a new fat deal for Aubameyang. Signed Pepe for 70m. Then nearly gave away half the squad for free
Wilian and Aubameyang are on Edu & Arteta. Pepe is not. Edu and Arteta are overhauling the entire Arsenal squad. I am not the one to judge if they are doing good job on that. They have boss to report to, and they are spending millions of dollars so I am sure they will be held accountable if their project fail.

I don't blame Edu and Arteta renewed Auba's contract based on his performance before renewal. Auba earned that contract. It is too bad his performance immediately dropped off the cliff after renewal for whatever reason. May be he is no longer motivated I do not know.

Last edited:

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I just don't see a plan with Paratici, beyond the short term calculus of appointing Conte, giving him some players for his system, and hoping he gets into the top four and/or bags a domestic cup before he leaves. It's not realistic for Spurs to compete for the league in the next year or two given the current quality of their squad and the standard set by City. And Conte's never been successful in European play, even with much more talented sides, so the ceiling with him really is just maybe making the CL and maybe winning the FA or League Cup. But Conte is almost certainly going to leave in summer 2023 or summer 2024. He's had eight managerial appointments and stayed two years or less in seven of them. And by that point, Kane and Son will be in their early 30s and declining hard. What's the plan beyond that?
I am sure he and Conte presented a plan and their vision to Levy. Levy is convinced otherwise they would have been fired already. It is exactly the same for Edu and Arteta.

ronaldinhoisagoat

Paratici is hated by Juve fans ... his transfers were an absolute mess and their fans were glad to be rid of him. Not sure why a "shrewd" owner like Levy hired this guy. I'd have thought hiring Ragnick/Monchi would have made more sense.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I am not sure about that. Ramsey seemed desperate for a higher caliber club than the ones that came for him (Burnley, Palace... ) and according to his interview, he ended up choosing Rangers for the European football and the thrill of a title race.
He made the right choice in the end :angel:

Pintu

Paratici is hated by Juve fans ... his transfers were an absolute mess and their fans were glad to be rid of him. Not sure why a "shrewd" owner like Levy hired this guy. I'd have thought hiring Ragnick/Monchi would have made more sense.
That's simplistic and short-term skewed. He was highly praised for his previous job under Marotta, and even after Marotta, he managed to sign Ronaldo. The first time a "current Ballon d'Or holder" was poached from his club since Ronaldo himself left United in 2009. Recruiting the most sought-after CB in Europe was also impressive when he convinced M de Ligt to choose Juventus.

I think the Covid destroyed his legacy at Juve. Because the crisis made Ronaldo's salary unsustainable for Juve in the long run.

Other than that attacking Paratici for giving Rabiot and Ramsey big wages isn't very reasonable. They were free agents and that's how it works, you give higher wages to players that cost less. The fault there should have been blamed on the scouts who identified them as good replacement for the aging Khedira, Matuidi. And same for Arthur replacing Pjanic.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I am sure he and Conte presented a plan and their vision to Levy. Levy is convinced otherwise they would have been fired already. It is exactly the same for Edu and Arteta.
Absolutely. I don't think Levy has a long term plan either and that's why the marriage of convenience works. You don't hire Jose Mourinho and Antonio Conte to rebuild your club, you hire them to get results in the next year or two.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
That's simplistic and short-term skewed. He was highly praised for his previous job under Marotta, and even after Marotta, he managed to sign Ronaldo. The first time a "current Ballon d'Or holder" was poached from his club since Ronaldo himself left United in 2009. Recruiting the most sought-after CB in Europe was also impressive when he convinced M de Ligt to choose Juventus.

I think the Covid destroyed his legacy at Juve. Because the crisis made Ronaldo's salary unsustainable for Juve in the long run.

Other than that attacking Paratici for giving Rabiot and Ramsey big wages isn't very reasonable. They were free agents and that's how it works, you give higher wages to players that cost less. The fault there should have been blamed on the scouts who identified them as good replacement for the aging Khedira, Matuidi. And same for Arthur replacing Pjanic.
That's such a small part of the picture.

Ronaldo was Ronaldo and De Ligt was definitely high sought, but neither ended up being good signings for the club when you consider the money involved and the opportunity costs. Just because you win the race to sign a player doesn't make it a good thing.

Swapping Cancelo for Danilo was a completely disastrous move. Then swapping Spinazzola for Pelligrini - yikes. They had an elite pair of fullbacks within the club and gave both of them up for essentially nothing.

All the complex moves surrounding Cristian Romero - again, total disaster. Juve buy him for 30m euro, then loan him to Atalanta with a a buy option for half that amount, all so that Paratici can buy him again at Spurs for 50m euro?

Rabiot and Ramsey you can't just blame on scouts, he was the one making the final calls on players and he is supposed to have a scouting pedigree, its not like he's just pushing buttons and doing what other people recommend.

ArunCph

Supports
Tottenham
Juve fans are entitled bunch and they most times talk with emotion and regret things said in hindsight

Very same Paratici scouted Kingsley Coman as a 18 yr old. Just like Pogba, he got Coman as a free transfer from PSG, signed him on 5 yr deal. Allegri couldnt get the best of him and Allegri wanted him loaned out or sold - Coman was sent to Bayern and Bayern got him for 25m. When he left Juve, same Juve fans ridiculed Coman same way as they are now doing with Kulusevski transfer saying, Bayern are overpaying....

Now, they are full of regrets on Coman. And somehow, guy who did numerous such deals, got one decision wrong on Ramsey. These thing happen to DoFs

You say Levy should have hired Monchi

Even this great Monchi was a flop at Roma. He sold 230m worth of Roma talents and bought 200m of new players -every one flop. In the end he resigned & went back to Sevilla.

Last edited:

ArunCph

Supports
Tottenham

Ronaldo was Ronaldo and De Ligt was definitely high sought, but neither ended up being good signings for the club when you consider the money involved and the opportunity costs. Just because you win the race to sign a player doesn't make it a good thing.

Swapping Cancelo for Danilo was a completely disastrous move. Then swapping Spinazzola for Pelligrini - yikes. They had an elite pair of fullbacks within the club and gave both of them up for essentially nothing.

All the complex moves surrounding Cristian Romero - again, total disaster. Juve buy him for 30m euro, then loan him to Atalanta with a a buy option for half that amount, all so that Paratici can buy him again at Spurs for 50m euro?

Rabiot and Ramsey you can't just blame on scouts, he was the one making the final calls on players and he is supposed to have a scouting pedigree, its not like he's just pushing buttons and doing what other people recommend.
Ronaldo deal was done by Paratici - but the one who pushed for his signing is Juve chairman Agnelli. His mandate to Paratici was to make it happen, even if it mean
a) Ronaldo taking up 70% of juve budget
b) Juve would be pushed to make free transfers

As for as Romero situation, you cant talk with the hindsight of 2022. You have to look how things were during that time.
When Romero was bought, he was a mere talent. Juve had 5 solid CBs who were above pecking order from Chiellini, Bonnuci, Deligt, Demihral, Rugani.
Initially bought for Alegri but when Sarri came he didnt want Romero in squad. Question was do you keep him as 6th CB with no game time or keep him playing elsewhere.

Also there was Pandemic hit all of a sudden in 2020 which no one could forsee- with club finances suddenly taking a hit, Juve had to do a deal with Atalanta for that loan + buy. Romero had a brilliant season & won Copa America - so Spurs went & spent on him for such a huge fee.

So, you cant just talk about it now in hindsight without having the right context to it.

Pintu

Nobody thought Cancelo and Spinazolla were elite fullbacks back then. The Atletico comeback made them look like elite wingbacks, and emotional fans remember such games more than the entire season. Back then it was reasonable to think Cuadrado and Sandro were not less good. But to be honest it was more a business operation. In retrospect, after Sandro's decline, it's normal to regret that Juve didn't keep at least one of them.

Juventus had to make a 50M+ profit on sales to avoid breaching UEFA's FFP rules. That same year Milan chose to be banned from Europa League rather than sell important players. And City went to court and got the ban overturned. Juventus couldn't afford a ban and doesn't have whatever power City owners have over Fifa's courts. That's why both Cancelo and Spina were swapped for Pellegrini (+10 M) and Danilo (+25M).

Ronaldo's signing helped Juventus commercially. It was about the brand. Adidas and other sponsorships went up 60% or more. That commercial success will benefit the club in the long run, it is what's allowing Juventus to now recruit Locatelli and Vlahovic in a time of deep financial crisis. I think Paratici's job was to bring Ronaldo no matter what and then have a team competitive enough around him, the first season with Ronaldo was a very good one, only tainted by the loss to Ajax.

M de Ligt and Chiesa are also great signings. If they stay long enough they will certainly bring much success and both can still be sold if needed.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Did anyone on earth think "I bet Aaron Ramsey is going to have a productive career at Juventus" other than the people who signed him? It was an obviously insane transfer.

Boh

Supports
Juventus
Juve fans are entitled bunch and they most times talk with emotion and regret things said in hindsight
Or maybe people who actually follow the club know that after Marotta left he was in shambles, and unable to do his sporting director job by himself. He managed to give Rabiot( who he thought was a 10/10 player in every aspect of the game, and followed for years, despite everything) and Ramsey 7m net and didn't bought a decent midfielder for year + multiple horrible transfers and management. Just because you have to defend him now you don't need to bash on entire fanbase.

Pintu

Did anyone on earth think "I bet Aaron Ramsey is going to have a productive career at Juventus" other than the people who signed him? It was an obviously insane transfer.
To be honest I thought so. I remember seeing Tv pundits saying he can do a similar job to what Hamsik did in Sarri's Napoli.

In 2017/18 he had 12 goals + 11 assists for Arsenal. 17 goals involvements in the PL, or 1 goal involvement every 105 minutes in the league. When the agreement was announced in February 2019, he was having a similar season. This looks like good numbers.

Whatever the reasons he couldn't fit there, it wasn't that obvious that he would fail in Italy. And that's why professional scouts with many years of experience are the ones doing this job. In this case, they (including Paratici) got it wrong.