Kick-off
Tue, 20 October 2020 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
    ...........VS...............

Date - Tuesday, October 20 2020
    Kickoff Time - 2000 Hrs BST
    Venue - Le Parc des Princes, Paris

Champions League form guide

Manchester United:
    Paris Saint-Germain:

Previous Meetings

Paris Saint-Germain 1—3 Manchester United

Manchester United 0—2 Paris Saint-Germain

All-Time Record

Manchester United wins: 1
    Paris Saint-Germain wins: 1
    Draws: 0

Pre-Match Pressers

Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Thomas Tuchel

Team News

Manchester United

Edinson Cavani, Harry Maguire, Jesse Lingard, Mason Greenwood, Eric Bailly and Phil Jones ruled out.

Paris Saint-Germain

Juan Bernat, Marco Verratti, Leandro Paredes, and Thilo Kehrer ruled out. Marquinhos, Mauro Icardi and Julian Draxler doubtful.

Know the opposition

Paris Saint-Germain Football, commonly known as Paris Saint-Germain, or simply PSG, is a French professional football club based in the city of Paris. Paris Saint-Germain was formed on 12 August 1970 after the fusion of Paris FC – created a year earlier to fill the void of having no top-flight club in the capital – and Stade Saint-Germain, founded in 1904 in Saint-Germain-en-Laye, the birth town of Louis XIV. PSG made an immediate impact both on and off the pitch, building a substantial fanbase and winning promotion to Ligue 1 in their first season after claiming the Ligue 2 title. Their momentum was soon checked, however, and the club split into two in 1972. One branch joined CA Montreuil and continued in the first division under the name of Paris FC, while PSG assumed amateur status and had to restart in the third division.

PSG really took flight in 1973, when fashion designer Daniel Hechter took over the club and designed its classic jersey. Coached by French football legend Just Fontaine, PSG returned to Ligue 1 in 1974 and slowly began attracting the first stars of the Red-and-Blues such as Mustapha Dahleb and Carlos Bianchi. The club also moved into the Parc des Princes that year after spending their formative seasons using the Stade Municipal Georges Lefèvre. Since then, PSG have always played in Ligue 1. Top-tier status was attained within four years and by the end of the 1970s. And in 1978, Daniel Hechter handed control of the club to Francis Borelli, under whose guidance PSG won their first silverware: the Coupe de France in 1982 and 1983 and the league in 1986, during a decade marked by players such as Safet Sušić, Luis Fernández and Dominique Rocheteau.

After lurching from one crisis to another in the 2000s, PSG finally restored a sense of balance in 2011, when the club was purchased by Qatar Sports Investments. The takeover made Paris Saint-Germain one of the wealthiest in the world. Led by star player Zlatan Ibrahimović, team captain Thiago Silva and famous manager Carlo Ancelotti, the elusive league crown was finally brought back to Paris in the 2012–13 season. Zlatan's 30-goal haul almost single-handedly led the capital side to its first Ligue 1 title in 19 years, and third overall.

Paris Saint-Germain has by now established itself as a major force in France, and one of the major forces of European football. They have won a total of 38 trophies, making it the most successful French club in history by this measure. PSG is also the only club to have never been relegated from Ligue 1, the club with most consecutive seasons in the top-flight (they have played 45 seasons in Ligue 1 since 1974) and one of only two French clubs to have won a major European title. Domestically, the Parisians have won nine Ligue 1 titles, a record thirteen Coupe de France, a record nine Coupe de la Ligue, and a record nine Trophée des Champions titles. The club has also won one UEFA Cup Winners' Cup and one UEFA Intertoto Cup. PSG have a long-standing rivalry with Olympique de Marseille. The duo contest French football's most notorious match, known as Le Classique. And they play their homes games at Parc des Princes.

Referee

Antonio Mateu Lahoz.​

K_Ash

I can already tell we are going with a back 5

Bastian

Supports
    Mejbri
    I'd quite like to see a mobile workmanlike midfield again.

Art

Art the artist
    Of everyone that impressed me, McT has been particularly good. Hope he starts against PsG.

SER19

Just going to enjoy this. Missed being in it, toughest game of group and would take a draw. I'd go 352 and have Telles in

Oly Francis

Supports
    PSG
    Paredes out, Verratti probably out, Marquinhos could be able to play.

Possible team :
    Navas
    Florenzi-Marquinhos-Kimpembe-Bakker
    Rafinha-Gueye-Herrera
    Di Maria-Mbappé-Neymar

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    De Gea
    Lindelof Maguire Shaw
    Wan Bissaka Matic Pogba Telles
    Bruno
    Martial Rashford
    Think we'll do this. Would like to see Van de Beek start but doubt Ole will leave Pogba out in this game.

RayK47

----------------------DDG-----------------------
    AWB----Lindelof---Maguire--Telles
    ----------Mctominay--VdB----------------
    --------------------Bruno----------------------
    Pogba-------Martial-----------Rashford

OverratedOpinion

Possible team :
    Navas
    Rafinha-Gueye-Herrera
    Di Maria-Mbappé-Neymar
    Had absolutely no idea that Florenzi or Rafinha played for you.

Swear Verratti has spent half of the last 3 seasons injured.

Bwuk

Possible team :
    Navas
    Rafinha-Gueye-Herrera
    Di Maria-Mbappé-Neymar
    Outstanding front 3, but the rest of that side aren’t anything outstanding.

I suspect we’ll go 352.

De Gea
    Lindelof - Maguire - Shaw
    AWB - Matic - Pogba - Telles
    Bruno
    Martial - Rashford​

bondsname

I mean PSG is a really good side no doubt about it, but am I the only one who finds their team surprisingly underwhelming on paper (except for their front 3)? I think man for man our squad quality isn't too far apart.

I think PSG will be all over us for the whole game and it will be very difficult to stop them for sure.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    I'd play a strongly defensive team with Rashford, Bruno, Martial as our sole creators. Tell everyone else to sit the feck back and release on counters.

Cloud7

De Gea
    Lindelof Maguire Shaw
    Wan Bissaka Matic Pogba Telles
    Bruno
    Martial Rashford
    Think we'll do this. Would like to see Van de Beek start but doubt Ole will leave Pogba out in this game.
    This is interesting, and is probably our best bet to get a result out of this match, with possibly Greenwood instead of Martial, pending fitness

Oly Francis

Supports
    PSG
    Had absolutely no idea that Florenzi or Rafinha played for you.

Swear Verratti has spent half of the last 3 seasons injured.
    We were broke as f. after we bought Icardi so we got Florenzi on loan with a 9M option and bought Rafinha for like 3M. We also got Danilo Perreira on loan from Porto with a 17M (almost mandatory) option.
    Florenzi has been very good for us offensively so far, Rafinha only played a decent 60mn last game.

Verratti wasn't actually injured that much for the past 3 years but he did miss very important games.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    This is interesting, and is probably our best bet to get a result out of this match, with possibly Greenwood instead of Martial, pending fitness
    Martial is a guarantee to start with him being suspended in the prem, guy is an automatic starter for us when fit and rightly so IMO.

Oly Francis

Supports
    PSG
    I mean PSG is a really good side no doubt about it, but am I the only one who finds their team surprisingly underwhelming on paper (except for their front 3)? I think man for man our squad quality isn't too far apart.

I think PSG will be all over us for the whole game and it will be very difficult to stop them for sure.
    We do have a couple of injured players but that's what happens when you spend all your money on 2 or 3 players, the rest is just underwhelming.

I also think that Marquinhos and especially Kimpembe might be the most underrated pair of CB in europe.

Our real team could look like that without injuries

Navas
    Florenzi-Marquinhos-Kimpembe-Bernat
    Verratti-Danilo Perreira (or Gueye, or Herrera, or Paredes, we actually don't have a 2nd top lvl midfielder)
    Di Maria-Icardi-Mbappé-Neymar

NJM78

-----------------De Gea
    ------Bailly Lindelof Maguire
    -----AWB Matic Pogba Telles
    ------------------Bruno
    ----------Rashford--Martial

Donny, Juan and (possibly Cavani) on from bench if chasing game.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
    Well I'll answer my own question, it's because the club backs him to replace De Gea. We used to play Romero in cup competitions and it's no surprise if Henderson starts.
    We pay Romero 80K and Lingard 100k. Henderson contract was to protect his value. No way he is going to replace De Gea in our most important Champions League game

Well I'll answer my own question, it's because the club backs him to replace De Gea. We used to play Romero in cup competitions and it's no surprise if Henderson starts.
    remind me how many games Romero has ever played for us in the CL? This is not the Europa League.

the club have brought Henderson in to challenge DDG, and yes, at some point to potentially replace him. It won’t be on Tuesday. To think so, is utterly ridiculous. Unless DDG is injured, he has zero chance of playing, and shouldn’t be playing. He will get chances in the league and FA Cup this season, and he’s pushing DDG. That’s good news, and I’m excited for the future.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
    Supports
    Big Days
    Ce sont les meilleures équipes
    Sie sind die allerbesten Mannschaften
    The main event

Die Meister
    Die Besten
    Les grandes équipes
    The champions

Une grande réunion
    Eine große sportliche Veranstaltung
    The main event

Ils sont les meilleurs
    Sie sind die Besten
    These are the champions

Die Meister
    Die Besten
    Les grandes équipes
    The champions

Nep77

Just because its PSG doesnt mean Pogba should walk in, He has been atrocious.
    De Gea
    AWB Lindelof Maguire Telles
    Matic Fred VDB
    Bruno Martial Rashford

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

7.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 523 ratings.