Park Ji Sung

Chris H

Video Posting God
Today Park helped ease his Rome disappointment by captaining South Korea to victory, and thus qualification for next year's World Cup. Suck it, United Arab Emirates!

Incidentally, the Korean team started with 2 players surnamed Park, 5 surnamed Lee, and had 3 Kims ready on the bench when another was red carded in the second half. There's a record in there somewhere.

uae

Desperately wants a tagline under his name
Useless sacks of shit

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Today Park helped ease his Rome disappointment by captaining South Korea to victory, and thus qualification for next year's World Cup. Suck it, United Arab Emirates!

Incidentally, the Korean team started with 2 players surnamed Park, 5 surnamed Lee, and had 3 Kims ready on the bench when another was red carded in the second half. There's a record in there somewhere.
Get Norris Mcwerter on the case! As for Park, he's the type of squad player that ensure we win titles, fantastic guy, a model professional.

Count Duckula

Park is one of those players who some fans will love, and others will hate. He's like Tevez was, but without the attitude, and will always win over some people - and be valuable to the team - as a hard-working runner who'll never give up. Other people will strongly dislike him for his lack of technical ability.

Players like Park are needed against the big teams (although, having said that, Park was unbelievably shit against Barcelona), but against the smaller teams, when you need players of great attacking ability, players who can break down banks of defenders, who can provide that spark... well, let's just say Park will never be that man. As someone said in another thread, he "shits himself whenever he gets within twenty yards of goal".

The man has no technical ability. Barcelona actually preyed on that, and whenever Park got the ball in Rome three of their players would charge at him, knowing that he would either miscontrol it so badly they could easily pick it up or - more commonly - absolutely shit himself and just boot it to one of their defenders. Today highlighted that lack of touch once more, and the number of times he lost the ball when he should have controlled it, or took too many touches because each one was like a retarded five year old playing keepy-ups, was unreal.

Very disappointed he played today. He's never been a wing wizard, and he's been exceptionally lacklustre since the back end of last season.

But hey ho, I suspect I'll now be called all manner of names for insulting a fan favourite.

Nistelrooy10

Tin Foil Hatter
Only thing good about him is his work rate. No good first touch or passing ability. Dont even mention shooting. Is a liability to the team and we wud never sell the Korean Becks. Money generator and nothing else.
Spot on. Not talented enough, never will be.

HsJ

I actually agree with the critisism, even though it may be a bit harsh.

My personal view is that he should never start unless somebody is injured, or we are playing a specific tactic against a team which requires more cover down one side. He's a fullback.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Park is quite good player when it comes to face a tough opponent, when we have to play more defensively. That's why he was priceless in Champions League 07/08, that's why he plays in the league against Big Four.

But to play against Burnley... he's just poor.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Park is one of those players who some fans will love, and others will hate. He's like Tevez was, but without the attitude, and will always win over some people - and be valuable to the team - as a hard-working runner who'll never give up. Other people will strongly dislike him for his lack of technical ability.

Players like Park are needed against the big teams (although, having said that, Park was unbelievably shit against Barcelona), but against the smaller teams, when you need players of great attacking ability, players who can break down banks of defenders, who can provide that spark... well, let's just say Park will never be that man. As someone said in another thread, he "shits himself whenever he gets within twenty yards of goal".

The man has no technical ability. Barcelona actually preyed on that, and whenever Park got the ball in Rome three of their players would charge at him, knowing that he would either miscontrol it so badly they could easily pick it up or - more commonly - absolutely shit himself and just boot it to one of their defenders. Today highlighted that lack of touch once more, and the number of times he lost the ball when he should have controlled it, or took too many touches because each one was like a retarded five year old playing keepy-ups, was unreal.

Very disappointed he played today. He's never been a wing wizard, and he's been exceptionally lacklustre since the back end of last season.

But hey ho, I suspect I'll now be called all manner of names for insulting a fan favourite.
You will be...but if makes you feel any better, I agree

Godfather

Too harsh on him many on here.

His workrate often helped us against big teams and in big matches, but I think games like these aren't made for him.
A pity Nani couldn't/didn't start I think he would have helped a lot

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
I flamed him in a thread the other day saying he has never really contributed to much since coming to United. Plenty argued and besides 2007/08 CL Semi's no-one could give examples of his fantastic performances so it went dead.

Not seen tonight yet, mind. But I don't think he's that good. A squad player though who should be good enough to face Burnley.

Enigma_87

You know who

Park has always been an excellent squad player that can be very useful playing the big guns away from home. However he has been utterly useless come the beginning of this year. His good performances are like Sahara rains - short if they come at all.

Today he was abysmal. No football ability whatsoever. With this performance he'd have no trouble being selected for Bambi on ice musical. His first touch was like a lumberjack, the ball bounced off him like he was a lamp post. His shooting..well when you look at his performance the one time he hit the target was the only positive thing he did all night.

Sad to see him play like that, but incredibly irritated as well. He'd always be a good squad player who can bring something to the team, but with performances like that he doesn't even deserve to wear the training kit.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
How many times do we need to hear, "Ooooh Park really should have committed to that cross" He is not good enough never will be and god knows how he started a CL final for us.

cacs

His crossing, passing and inability to score goals means he shouldn't be playing on our wings. Hes a good player in a round the midfield but adds nothing on the wing!

nyrfan818

That's spot on really. I like Park, I really do. He's a very useful squad player and there are times when having him start is in our best interest. But he should never be starting games against teams that are going to be parking the bus with ten men behind the ball that we'll need to break down. He just doesn't have the ability attacking-wise to play any part in those matches.

So its back to the Park hate again?

You forget how well he did for us last season. He was in our team for a reason and played a part in yet another successful year for us. Of course he is not the most technically gifted winger but his use of space, movement and link up play is very good, when he's on form. He had a forgettable game against Burnley but most of our players havent come close to their best yet. We will improve collectively and Park will remind you all why he is valued by his team mates and management.

Merman

You forget how well he did for us last season. He was in our team for a reason and played a part in yet another successful year for us. Of course he is not the most technically gifted winger but his use of space, movement and link up play is very good, when he's on form. He had a forgettable game against Burnley but most of our players havent come close to their best yet. We will improve collectively and Park will remind you all why he is valued by his team mates and management.
Agree:cool:

Crerand Legend

unfortunately this form you talk about is something we dont see often enough.I like the chap and his workrate but sometimes that aint enough

Sylar

Should have been subbed off today tbh. I like Park, but against the bigger teams where he will offer us what we need. Against the lesser teams (epecially when you are playing 4-4-2) you need proper wingers. Park always cuts in which is something that causes us problems. Not only him though. I think against smaller teams Nani/Valencia on both wings would work as they stay out wider than all we have and put in crosses.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
unfortunately this form you talk about is something we dont see often enough.I like the chap and his workrate but sometimes that aint enough
To be fair with Park, we all never would have put him in a match where we meet a newly promoted side. We should have wingers with flair,tecnique on both flanks. I still don't get why we used Park where Valencia should have been a way better option, we just didn't need Park cuz he's not the player that unlocks defense. He's essential though against bigger sides where sometimes just the full back isn't enough.

Count Duckula

Should have been subbed off today tbh. I like Park, but against the bigger teams where he will offer us what we need. Against the lesser teams (epecially when you are playing 4-4-2) you need proper wingers. Park always cuts in which is something that causes us problems. Not only him though. I think against smaller teams Nani/Valencia on both wings would work as they stay out wider than all we have and put in crosses.
I don't mean to drag the topic off-point, but this always raises my heckles. Why does everyone want our wingers to hug the touchline and put in crosses? Who do you think is going to convert those crosses? Rooney is tiny, he may have got a header against Birmingham but he's not going to be doing it very often, and Berbatov has shown time and time again that despite being tall he's an absolute liability in the air. Genius with the ball at his feet, lummox when it's at head height.

RedThaiDevils#7

He's not of the required quality of an attacking first-team regular for one of Europe's top teams. That much has always been obvious in fairness.
True regarding attacking wise. He has his qualities but his end product is still very poor. He still is a very reliable first team player though, he'd look alot better if it was fabio on the RW imo. We didn't need two defense minded players on one flank.

RedThaiDevils#7

I don't mean to drag the topic off-point, but this always raises my heckles. Why does everyone want our wingers to hug the touchline and put in crosses? Who do you think is going to convert those crosses? Rooney is tiny, he may have got a header against Birmingham but he's not going to be doing it very often, and Berbatov has shown time and time again that despite being tall he's an absolute liability in the air. Genius with the ball at his feet, lummox when it's at head height.
Why ? I think the answer lies to that out of all our wingers Nani looks like the only winger who can unlock defense with individual play. The rest still haven't shown it on the field, yet ( For AV) so what dya expect. Park and Valencia's key strength so far having been their passing so why not go and give it a cross. Though Park from time to time doesn't cross the ball as sharply as we would expect.

RedThaiDevils#7

Agreed. Though I would like Nani to cut in more because he has quite a good pair of shooting boots so I'd be a waste if he weren't to try he's luck once in a while.

Sylar

Owen. He started today and with his movement he showed, he would be on the end of it. When we finally brought on Valencia and put in crosses, (or when rooney or giggs went out wider and put a cross in) there was nobody near the six yard area.

And with a good cross, Berba is great in the air as he showed for Spurs a few times.

davisjw

I flamed him in a thread the other day saying he has never really contributed to much since coming to United. Plenty argued and besides 2007/08 CL Semi's no-one could give examples of his fantastic performances so it went dead.

Not seen tonight yet, mind. But I don't think he's that good. A squad player though who should be good enough to face Burnley.
Except he had what a 2 and a half year period where we never lost a game he started in. He obviously does something right. The problem is that something he does right is now negated since we lost Ronaldo.

Park did all the work freeing Ronaldo up top and on the opposite side. Now all his running about leaves nothing because we haven't an attack who'll get us the goals Park's work rate allows for.

Really we're missing a selfish player.