Television Parks and Recreation

Djemba-Djemba

I've been meaning to get into Parks and Rec for awhile, other things just keep getting in the way.

Big fan of Harris though, his appearances on the Comedy Bang Bang podcast are fecking hilarious and he came across as such a nice cool funny guy.

It's terrible news RIP.

Sweet Square

I've been meaning to get into Parks and Rec for awhile, other things just keep getting in the way.

Big fan of Harris though, his appearances on the Comedy Bang Bang podcast are fecking hilarious and he came across as such a nice cool funny guy.

It's terrible news RIP.
Only started listening to them today(Didn't really know Harris work to well, although it is odd listen to them today) and your right, parts of them are genius.

Such sad news.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Last episode ever aired tonight, right? It's going to be really weird watching the final episode knowing there's nothing more to come. Except for Screamy McScreamersome's spin-off.

kps88

I can't believe the finale is getting bumped for whatever cee lo green's show is called.
Sums up the way NBC treated the show. The whole final season has been "lets just put this wherever we have a spare 30 minutes and get it over with as soon as we can."

Rooney in Paris

Scout
I'm about halfway through the final episode, and I have to say I'm really disappointed they went down the road of flashforwards into outlandish futures for their characters. It seems like such an easy way out for me, I would've much rather preferred an ending in the year they've set the final season, leaving what happens after for the characters to my imagination. It makes it harder to wrap up, probably, but I think it's nicer leaving the characters at one point in time than trying to cram the rest of their lives up in 2 minute clips.

Maybe the rest of the episode picks up, but so far I'm massively underwhelmed.

kps88

Meh didn't enjoy that too much; was alright. Preferred the previous two episodes. I get the feeling series finales are next to impossible to get right for comedies.

Also, one of the kids in the Halloween flash forward was dressed as Star Lord.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
I just finished the finale, I thought it was pretty poor. Didn't enjoy it at all, and it makes me angry they couldn't finish on a better note.

Red Stone

The Unity Concert episode would've been a better finale if they'd gotten time to wrap up the storylines in that one.

Cina

You weirdos, I thought it was great.

The Gary stuff was especially hilarious.

Ivor Ballokov

Yep, loved it. I can see it from the point of view of leaving things unsaid allows you to project your own futures on characters, but I think with Leslie in particular we needed to know she succeeded and after making the decision to go into their futures they pretty much nailed the delivery.

We even got a Shauna sighting :drool:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
They hinted Leslie becomes president eventually.

Enjoyed the finale. Been a great and entertaining show and they ended it at the right time.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
They hinted Leslie becomes president eventually.

Enjoyed the finale. Been a great and entertaining show and they ended it at the right time.
Yep, think they made it clear that one of Leslie or Ben had become president. Did like that bit, thought we'd see more into it with their future.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Just finished this show yesterday - watched it all in like a week. As others have said, first season is quite poor but I still think it's worth watching as it sets up the series pretty well. The following seasons are incredible. I've never laughed so hard at a show. Some great characters and some incredibly funny lines/situations. Watched a lot of clips on youtube afterwards and Chris Platt is a fecking genius.

Bit surprised that it never got more viewers, but it's probably an indication of where society is heading. Shows like HIMYM, Big Bang Theory, Modern Family etc. all have very "direct" comedy, by which I mean they'll tell some joke and deliver a punchline - and that's about it. A lot of the incredibly funny stuff in Parks and Rec is much more subtle so you need to focus on it a bit more, and a lot of it becomes a lot more funny when you know the characters well. I'm probably being a bit of jerk here, but I'm honestly afraid that the joke Andy makes in the Flu Season episode (where Leslie is walking out of the office with a flu and he sits at the computer and says "I typed your symptoms into this thing up here, and it says you might have 'network connectivity problems'") would go right over a lot of people's heads.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just finished this show yesterday - watched it all in like a week. As others have said, first season is quite poor but I still think it's worth watching as it sets up the series pretty well. The following seasons are incredible. I've never laughed so hard at a show. Some great characters and some incredibly funny lines/situations. Watched a lot of clips on youtube afterwards and Chris Platt is a fecking genius.

Bit surprised that it never got more viewers, but it's probably an indication of where society is heading. Shows like HIMYM, Big Bang Theory, Modern Family etc. all have very "direct" comedy, by which I mean they'll tell some joke and deliver a punchline - and that's about it. A lot of the incredibly funny stuff in Parks and Rec is much more subtle so you need to focus on it a bit more, and a lot of it becomes a lot more funny when you know the characters well. I'm probably being a bit of jerk here, but I'm honestly afraid that the joke Andy makes in the Flu Season episode (where Leslie is walking out of the office with a flu and he sits at the computer and says "I typed your symptoms into this thing up here, and it says you might have 'network connectivity problems'") would go right over a lot of people's heads.
Fun fact, the internet was actually down and Chris Pratt improvised that line.

kps88

I'm re-watching; just started season two. I don't remember much and it's great. I think Tom's character has changed the most out of them all as the show progressed.

Castia

Really disliked the last season, the whole future thing with the advanced technology is fecking dreadful and has no place in the show. It was really distracting for me.

On the whole it was a great show though, I'll miss it next year when we dont get a new season.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I quite liked the finale. I agree the random jump to 2017 was odd in general, but I didn't mind the flashforwards in this. Some of them (particularly the lesser characters) were pretty funny. The links between them were clunky though. Especially at about half way through when she was literally walking down a corridor bumping into people, touching them and saying the same senitmental things. Sometimes they said the same sentimental things in 2017 AND the flashforwards, which seemed redundant. I did like the subtly of the Presidential nod though

PeteReDevil

iPete
Don't know why I got around to watch this. Think that's what faux-documentary type shows do when you just glance at them. Finally started watching it last week. I'm on season 3 and I think it's gonna take quite a lot of my time for the time being. Thought I'd hate the introduction of Rob Lowe and the other guy