Television Parks and Recreation

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Quality show, on par with Community and a notch below Arrested Development.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I've tried a few times to get into Arrested Development but it just doesn't do it for me. I think I've seen the first season twice. Dunno why, I just don't get addicted to it like I do with other comedy shows.
Only show that has genuinely made me laugh.

Other shows like Community, Parks&rec, US Office etc. might be amusing and entertaining and their characters draw you in, but not on par with AD. Workaholics is also decent.

One show I could never get into is that fecking Always Sunny thing everyone always talks about, I think it is shite.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
I loved this show at the time but I never got round watching the last two seasons, and haven't really had the desire to pick it up again. It was running on empty I felt around the time I stopped watching it.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Community was terrible in comparison to Parks and Rec tbh. That was a show that ran out of ideas very quickly and the characters on the whole were pretty shit.

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
Only show that has genuinely made me laugh.

Other shows like Community, Parks&rec, US Office etc. might be amusing and entertaining and their characters draw you in, but not on par with AD. Workaholics is also decent.

One show I could never get into is that fecking Always Sunny thing everyone always talks about, I think it is shite.
The Office had me in stitches in parts, love the shit out of that show, and the other two you mentioned there I enjoyed quite a bit too. I've actually been looking for a new comedy series recently and might check out Workaholics, I heard it's pretty good.

As for Always Sunny, I think I liked it from the get go, but it definitely goes up a few gears when Danny Devito comes in.

acnumber9

I loved this show at the time but I never got round watching the last two seasons, and haven't really had the desire to pick it up again. It was running on empty I felt around the time I stopped watching it.
I stopped in the last series. It took the schmaltz that was overly prevelant already and multilpied it by about 10. It was decent but overrated.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Agreed, everything after S2 Community is awful. The first season is immense though, and most of S2 is pretty solid.

I still need to watch the final season of P&R. As has been mentioned, I don't really have much interest getting back to it, as it was getting a bit tired in the 2nd to last season.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
The Office had me in stitches in parts, love the shit out of that show, and the other two you mentioned there I enjoyed quite a bit too. I've actually been looking for a new comedy series recently and might check out Workaholics, I heard it's pretty good.

As for Always Sunny, I think I liked it from the get go, but it definitely goes up a few gears when Danny Devito comes in.
Oh man, I wish I could start Workaholics from zero again. It's some of the funniest TV IMO.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Community was terrible in comparison to Parks and Rec tbh. That was a show that ran out of ideas very quickly and the characters on the whole were pretty shit.
Yeap, it became too "meta" for its own good. There were still some good episodes sprinkled in between in the latter seasons but on the whole it descended into being a full blow parody show.

Ivor Ballokov

Did anybody watch the reunion episode?

The format didn't always help and they obviously had to get the message in but it still made me laugh and man it was nice spending some more time with those characters.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Will give the quarantine reunion ep a watch at some point. Not sure how.

Love this show though. One of the best ever comedies.

Amarsdd

Would def appreciate a link too please!
not sure if this is region locked but here's the youtube link. It's basically a call chain between the casts in character. 5000 candles in the wind was fun though.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
They did a good job of it considering the circumstances.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Finally got round to watching it. Binged it from midway of season 2 onwards. Really enjoyed it but Tom was seriously starting to bore me and there was too much repetitive staring at the camera business. Specially from April. But a hugely successful show and it had me laughing all the way through.

My favourite character? Probably Orin:
Orin: "Mooo"
Leslie: "I thought you were meant to be a sheep?"
Orin: "No. You're the sheep"
:lol: :lol:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Finally got round to watching it. Binged it from midway of season 2 onwards. Really enjoyed it but Tom was seriously starting to bore me and there was too much repetitive staring at the camera business. Specially from April. But a hugely successful show and it had me laughing all the way through.

My favourite character? Probably Orin:
Orin: "Mooo"
Leslie: "I thought you were meant to be a sheep?"
Orin: "No. You're the sheep"
:lol: :lol:
Where can you catch up with this? I need to start watching fron S1

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Don’t give up on season one it improves vastly for season 2
I agree. I'd even say you could skip straight to S2E1 and not really miss anything. S1 put me off and I didn't go back to it for a while. They seemed to try to make Leslie like Michael Scott, which was weird. Her character totally changes after that.

b82REZ

I agree. I'd even say you could skip straight to S2E1 and not really miss anything. S1 put me off and I didn't go back to it for a while. They seemed to try to make Leslie like Michael Scott, which was weird. Her character totally changes after that.
This 100%.

It took a few attempts to get through the first season over a number of years. It really did feel like they wanted to remake The Office with a female lead. It improves immensely from S2 onwards and IMO actually surpasses the show it was emulating in the earlier seasons.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
One of my favourite ever comedies. Must give it a rewatch (from S2 onwards!) with the missus as she's never seen it