Parma Calcio 1913

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Yep, I noticed, pretty much strengthened all in all positions which should allow us to push for the title! Only issue is we lost Felice Evacuo and think 37 year old Calaio is our only recognized striker, so lets hope he doesn't get injured!
We can play Nocciolini (our unsung hero) and Baraye there.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
@Dave_MUFC , what a game! 2-1 down until 1 minute to go, we won it in injury time. Fergie would have been proud of us :lol:. But we really need to start better. You see that when we play at our best we are the best team in the league.

Dave_MUFC

@Dave_MUFC , what a game! 2-1 down until 1 minute to go, we won it in injury time. Fergie would have been proud of us :lol:. But we really need to start better. You see that when we play at our best we are the best team in the league.
Great for morale! Idolo Calaio! Yeah, we should be the best team by far with the amount of Serie B standard players we have in our team anyway...

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
When you don't play well you just have to grind out results. We did it against Albinoleffe yesterday. Still 3 points behind the top.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
@Dave_MUFC, after Pordenone, we came back from 2 goals behind to win it 4-2 in the end against Sambenedettese yesterday! We aren't really a boring team! :lol: Still 3 points behind Venezia. It's really tight.

Dave_MUFC

@Dave_MUFC, after Pordenone, we came back from 2 goals behind to win it 4-2 in the end against Sambenedettese yesterday! We aren't really a boring team! :lol: Still 3 points behind Venezia. It's really tight.
Yep, when keeping updated with the game, all I could think of was a few posts up when you was saying how we are so poor starting games! Just need to keep it up and hope Venezia slip up. That draw against them is even more painful as we would be on top if not for that red card and penalty :(

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Yep, when keeping updated with the game, all I could think of was a few posts up when you was saying how we are so poor starting games! Just need to keep it up and hope Venezia slip up. That draw against them is even more painful as we would be on top if not for that red card and penalty :(
I do really fear that game might cost us in the end, as we need to gain 4 points on them.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Christ! My heart can't take an away game anymore. We struggled so much when we don't play at home. I'm just glad for the 3 points, as it keeps in touch with Venezia who seem to go on a long winning streak. The bad news is that we have two more injuries: Frattali and Munari.

Dave_MUFC

Christ! My heart can't take an away game anymore. We struggled so much when we don't play at home. I'm just glad for the 3 points, as it keeps in touch with Venezia who seem to go on a long winning streak. The bad news is that we have two more injuries: Frattali and Munari.
Yep, Venezia just won't drop points unfortunately..... Those two players got injured?! By far our best keeper and outfield player, damn!! :( Any idea how long for?

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Yep, Venezia just won't drop points unfortunately..... Those two players got injured?! By far our best keeper and outfield player, damn!! :( Any idea how long for?
Munari didn't look that bad, while our medical staff fear Frattali may have damaged his ACL.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
That's it. After some shaky wins, we had to draw a game. You could see it coming by the way we were playing in the last games and today. Now it takes a miracle to win the league.

Dave_MUFC

That's it. After some shaky wins, we had to draw a game. You could see it coming by the way we were playing in the last games and today. Now it takes a miracle to win the league.
Terrible result, especially losing the win like that in the last minute :( Venezia seem unstoppable at the moment, so it might have to be the luck of the playoffs.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Terrible result, especially losing the win like that in the last minute :( Venezia seem unstoppable at the moment, so it might have to be the luck of the playoffs.
Not that before it was easy, but now we have a mountain to climb. Should have sacked Apolloni immediately, instead of waiting until november.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Calaiò and D'Aversa banned for 2 games after the row at the end of yesterday's game. We are truly fecked.

Dave_MUFC

The similarities in mentality to United are astounding.

So, so annoyed at the draw, as of writing with 4 minutes left Venezia are still drawing, which meant a win would put us 3 points behind putting some pressure on them, instead this just further confirms that we are heading to the playoffs. :(

Edit - Aaaaand Venezia got the last minute winner, great...

Last edited:

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
1-0 defeat at home against Fano and that's it for out automatic promotion hope. The funny thing is that we played well compared with the last games.

Dave_MUFC

1-0 defeat at home against Fano and that's it for out automatic promotion hope. The funny thing is that we played well compared with the last games.
I went to the game yesterday, and the annoying thing is that it was actually entertaining. We had literally 7 chances which should really have been goals, a couple of Calaio's misses were disgraceful and Nocciolinis miss from the corner seemed easier to score than miss! Baraye was killing it the first half but seemed quite tired in the second.

Anyway the loss didn't hurt too much considering we were already 7 points off top, we just need to get some form back again to lift morale for the playoffs.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Were you in Parma yesterday? That's great! Hope you enjoyed Stadio Tardini ;)
Yeah, that was basically like an United game this season :D

Dave_MUFC

Were you in Parma yesterday? That's great! Hope you enjoyed Stadio Tardini ;)
Yeah, that was basically like an United game this season :D
Yes, i visited a friend in Milan, so decided to make the trip to Parma for the game! The stadium is fantastic, feels really comfortable and the ultras are great. Also great to have a general passion around the stadium for wanting the team to win.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
We
Yes, i visited a friend in Milan, so decided to make the trip to Parma for the game! The stadium is fantastic, feels really comfortable and the ultras are great. Also great to have a general passion around the stadium for wanting the team to win.
Tardini is a bit like a british stadium: the crowd is really close to the players. Were you in North Stand?

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
We seem to have regained form recently by beating Gubbio and Maceratese. I do really like our front 3. They have pace, goals and creativity. Now big game against Padova.