Parma Calcio 1913

Shuriken

I think we are gonna try to do it next season. Our manager said yesterday he doesn't want to stay in Serie B for a long time.
Sure, there is a reasonable chance.

I think they'll enter the 17/18 season with a solid mentality and hopefully add/call up a few decent players to the squad. They'll at least end up in the top half of the table.

Parma will probably be back in Serie A within three seasons, tops.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Sure, there is a reasonable chance.

I think they'll enter the 17/18 season with a solid mentality and hopefully add/call up a few decent players to the squad. They'll at least end up in the top half of the table.

Parma will probably be back in Serie A within three seasons, tops.
Just need to finish 8th in the table to qualify to the playoffs so we can do it with a good team.

Carolina Red

Staff
Congrats! Hopefully Serie B will be another stepping stone to promotion for you guys.

I now know who I'll play with in my non-United FIFA 18 career mode

Dave_MUFC

Bit of an update with transfers:
- Gilardino was in talks with Cremonese but deal fell through, apparently waiting on a call from Parma/Venezia.
- Parma have signed two youngsters from Napoli, Jacopo Dezi on a permanent, and Roberto Insigne (Lorenzo's brother), on loan with an option to buy.

Overall, looks like we are making all the right moves for Serie B, buying younger talent instead of 35+ year old players, and I'm getting quite hopeful about things!

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Bit of an update with transfers:
- Gilardino was in talks with Cremonese but deal fell through, apparently waiting on a call from Parma/Venezia.
- Parma have signed two youngsters from Napoli, Jacopo Dezi on a permanent, and Roberto Insigne (Lorenzo's brother), on loan with an option to buy.

Overall, looks like we are making all the right moves for Serie B, buying younger talent instead of 35+ year old players, and I'm getting quite hopeful about things!
I am really excited to see Lorenzo's brother in action. Napoli fans said he was as good as Lorenzo when he played for Napoli Youth.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
2 out 2! Another 1-0 against Novara this time. After a good first half we completely disappeared in the second half. But it's only the second game of the season so it is normal not to play that well.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Well, first defeat of the season. While we didn’t deserve to win last week, we fully deserved the 3 points today. It can happen, nothing is lost.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
After 3 defeats in a row, we finally managed to win against Venezia. The game was piss poor and was decided by a great header by Di Cesare from a corner.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
So two draws in the last 2 games. Both were utter turd. We can't really score from open on play, only from set pieces.

We are lucky it is a very balanced league, as we are just 3 points behind the top.

Last edited:

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Not a great period for us. We lost against Pescara last week.
What is worrying is that we can't score from open play.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Back to the winning way after almost one month. We even scored 2 goals from open play (one was from Insigne's brother).

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
We have turned a corner! 3 wins in a row and Insigne's brother Roberto is showing all his class.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
After losing against one of the strongest teams in the league last week, we are back to the winning way against Cittadella. 2-1 FT for us in a game where we should have won by 3/4 goals.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Jiang Lizhang is our new president. He will own 60% of Parma, with the remaining 30% to "Nuovo Inizio" (a company formed by Parma entrepreneurs) and 10% to "Parma Partecipazioni Calcistiche" (popular shareholding).
He also owns Granada and Minnesota Timberwolves.

His main business involves football tv rights.

el magico

Supports
Manchester City
Are you from Parma? I'm thinking of visiting Bologna next year. Is Parma worth a day trip? As opposed to say Modena, Ravenna or Ferrara. I will be visiting on the weekend of Bologna v Milan, will I have any problems getting tickets do you think?

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Are you from Parma? I'm thinking of visiting Bologna next year. Is Parma worth a day trip? As opposed to say Modena, Ravenna or Ferrara. I will be visiting on the weekend of Bologna v Milan, will I have any problems getting tickets do you think?
No, i from Friuli-Venezia Giulia near Udine. I just follow Parma thanks to Asprilia, Veron, Chiesa, Zola, Crespo, Buffon and so on :D.

Parma is a nice little city where you eat really well :drool:

Don't think so. Our stadiums are barely sold out.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Expected us to lose against Carpi last saturday. We are just too incostant. Still in a very good position though.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
What a bizarre league! Not only we are back to the winning way, but we are also top of the league on GD :D. If we bought a proper striker in january we could really get promoted.