Parma Calcio 1913

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
I don't know if there is another thread related to Parma. In that case, you can close mine.
However, after winning promotion from Serie D (fourth division) last season, we are now in Lega Pro (third division). We have had a bit of a shaky start, as it's a tougher league compared with last year. We are still in the mix though, just 6 points behind the top.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Not good, absolutely not good enough. A crap draw against a struggling Teramo that leaves us way off the top. We need to heavily invest in january to turn it around and try to win the league.

Last edited:

GloryHunter07

I don't know if there is another thread related to Parma. In that case, you can close mine.
However, after winning promotion from Serie D (fourth division) last season, we are now in Lega Pro (third division). We have had a bit of a shaky start, as it's a tougher league compared with last year. We are still in the mix though, just 6 points behind the top.
How many teams do you support?

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
At least Parma beat Reggiana in the Derby dell'Enza! It has eased my horrible week a little bit. Fantastic performance by everyone. Passion, grit, determination and some nice football :)

Last edited:

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Second win in a row and 11 points in the last 5 games. We are only 3 points behind the top now. D'Aversa has really changes us since he was appointed as manager.

SaboTaj

Second win in a row and 11 points in the last 5 games. We are only 3 points behind the top now. D'Aversa has really changes us since he was appointed as manager.
Haha i love how you're basically running this thread on your own!

This brings back old memories; have absolutely loved their squads in the past. I was a kid when you had that really talented squad in the late 90s, Ortega, Crespo, Buffon, Cannavaro and Amoroso (for some reason i really liked Amoroso as a player back then!). My personal favourite however was the one with Adriano, Mutu, Gilardino and Bresciano.

Gasolin

I used to like the UEFA cup champion team! And some players were great to watch. From Chiesa to Dino Baggio, Veron, Buffon, Cannavaro, Thuram...
I hope the team comes back to the Serie A, it would be great in so many ways.

Delano

Parma were the first team I ever truly "supported". In the late 90s I didn't have sky so Italian football was the only thing I could follow on a weekly basis. I didn't know United existed until my dad said I should support his English team if I liked football so much.

Such a shame what has happened to Parma after a series of terrible owners. But they'll always be my second team.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
I used to like the UEFA cup champion team! And some players were great to watch. From Chiesa to Dino Baggio, Veron, Buffon, Cannavaro, Thuram...
When we won the Coppa Italia and the Europa League in 1999 we had an attacking trio made of Veron-Chiesa-Crespo. They were simply the best in Italy and one of the best in Europe. Should have really won the title that year.
@Midfield, 1997 ;)

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
This. :)

Everytime club names like Parma pops up, I get a bit sentimental and nostaligic, because it brings me back to the legends from the 90:s. Parma had some awesome players during the 90:s, for instance our swedish legend, Brolin, had his best years there. I really wish them luck and hope to see them back in Serie A in the near future.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
:D I have 5 post a day privileges so I can continue to stay active in this thread :) Although Santi is doing a much better job of it! Anyway, 3 points off the top, a lot more optimistic, and hopefully we can continue this form!

A couple of good signings in january and we should be ok.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
3 win in a row, 14 points in the last 6 games. We have really stepped up under D'Aversa. He reminds me of Conte for the way he prepares the games.

Last edited:

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
How does the promotion work in Lega Pro? The winner gets promoted, and 2nd and 3rd qualifies? Looking at the table, it seems like second spot to the tenth are qualifying (!).

Feels like a dumb question of me, since I could google it, but I figured I get the best answer here... @Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87 :)

Last edited:

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
Somehow I keep coming to this thread, despite having absolute zero interest in the team. Habit I guess.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Somehow I keep coming to this thread, despite having absolute zero interest in the team. Habit I guess.
Same :lol: I attribute it to Gazzetta Football Italia and childhood reminiscing of the great Parma team in my youth making me click whenever I see the name of this thread pop up.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Haha sorry guys. I saw some Ronaldo highlights from the 90s, then saw him vs Parma, and started reminiscing as well. I guess the sentimentality was strong here, since I proceeded to specifically search for this thread and ask about the promotion rules:lol::angel:

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
How does the promotion work in Lega Pro? The winner gets promoted, and 2nd and 3rd qualifies? Looking at the table, it seems like second spot to the tenth are qualifying (!).

Feels like a dumb question of me, since I could google it, but I figured I get the best answer here..
There are 3 groups. Winners from each group gets promoted, while the teams from 2nd to 10th go to the playoffs. Only one wins the last promotion.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
There are 3 groups. Winners from each group gets promoted, while the teams from 2nd to 10th go to the playoffs. Only one wins the last promotion.
Thanks amigo:) I am guessing the goal is win the whole thing and get directly promoted.

Dave_MUFC

Looks like Parma have re-signed Gianni Munari, who previously played at the club and has mostly played in Serie A for the majority of his career. Great to see the club making some high profile signings, hears hoping it pays off!