Patrice Evra | 2008-12 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Have to say, celebrating in the Stretford End at the Liverpool match with Evra was probably one of the highlights of my season. Barely anybody had left and Paddy was just leading the orchestra, absolute quality.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
We don't need anyone to replace him; we just need some backup for him so that he doesn't have to play every single game. Although, if Fabio could somehow get rid of his injuries it could be him. What about Fryers as well? Got on the bench a few times earlier in the season but we haven't seen too much of him since then.

Ferguson

I don't care how strong you are. If you learn of your brother's death right before the home game against Manchester City, then it will affect you.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Wow, I didn't know about his brother's death. He's no doubt a very strong character. Hope he captures his best form next season.

Drifter

American
Evra slams 'disrespectful' Tevez

Patrice Evra has accused Manchester City's Carlos Tevez of lacking respect after he was pictured holding up a banner mocking Sir Alex Ferguson.

Tevez has refused to apologise for brandishing a placard saying 'RIP Fergie' during Monday's parade to celebrate City's Premier League title success.

The move has stunned Tevez's old allies at his former club Manchester United, with Evra distinctly unimpressed by the Argentinian's actions.

Evra told The Sun on Sunday: "I was very surprised by Tevez's attitude against Sir Alex Ferguson. I'm not sure how the manager feels about it but I'm sure he won't be impressed.

"It's disrespectful. Tevez spent two years at this club and was treated extremely well by the manager so I don't really understand his reaction or the truth about the situation."

Although City were quick to apologise for the 28-year-old's behaviour, Tevez himself remained unrepentant when he returned to South America.

It is not the first time there has been tension between the Manchester rivals over Tevez, who swapped clubs in 2009.

Evra believes City were also culpable in putting up a huge poster with the message 'Welcome to Manchester' when Tevez joined the club from their cross-city rivals.

The France international left-back added: "The poster was in very bad taste, no-one from Manchester United appreciated it.

"Tevez is an adult, he plays for another club and is responsible for his own actions.

"It's a shame because he was always respected at Manchester United and remained in contact with some of the players. But I have no idea what will happen now."

Evra is still trying to get over the heartache of losing the title to City in the final moments of the last day of the season but he insists United will emerge far stronger for the experience.

The 31-year-old added: "It left a bad taste because we lost the title in the last minutes of the final game.

"But this will make us stronger and more determined to reclaim the title next season.

"City will probably argue that they won both derby games and so deserve to be champions. But over the course of the campaign there wasn't a great deal of difference between the two sides.

"A season without a title for Manchester United is extremely rare so we have to use this as a positive next

Ekeke

Can only agree with Evra there. Good to see him come out about it as well, as we knew he and Tevez were still friends and talked sometimes. If that doesnt get the message through to Tevez nothing will.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Shit defending by our evra, sumed up his season. I am expecting someone to blame Rafael for that.

I'm always right

So, Evra doesnt follow his man for the first goal. In the second he's caught up the pitch and doesnt get back in time to stop the cross. Another two goals leaked down his flank, carrying on his club form.
Bad attempt at trying to play the guy offside on the first goal I think. Have you seen the full run up to the second goal? He seems to bust a gut trying to get back there, not sure that can be blamed on him if a teammate has lost the ball in a bad spot?

Ekeke

Bad attempt at trying to play the guy offside on the first goal I think. Have you seen the full run up to the second goal? He seems to bust a gut trying to get back there, not sure that can be blamed on him if a teammate has lost the ball in a bad spot?
I havent seen it, have you? Its more to do with the fact he's already made a mistake and now, for whatever reason, whether he fecked up, team mate fecked up, whoever, he's not able to defend his area and stop the cross. It just compounds the first error.

As for the first goal, nah not a chance. You play to the whistle regardless of whether you think a team mate is going to play offside or not. Evra cant influence that. But being too lazy to track his own man back he can influence and he fails to do it.

I'm always right

I havent seen it, have you? Its more to do with the fact he's already made a mistake and now, for whatever reason, whether he fecked up, team mate fecked up, whoever, he's not able to defend his area and stop the cross. It just compounds the first error.
If Evra has run 40 yards to give a team mate an option and the team mate then gives the ball away thus exposing Evra, he is not at all at fault so what on Earth are you on about?

I haven't seen the full clip and until I do I won't be blaming anyone, the idea that a full back being unable to stop a cross means he must be at fault is ridiculous.

I'm not saying he isn't at fault there by the way, he may well be, but without the full build up it's impossible to tell.

As for the first goal, nah not a chance. You play to the whistle regardless oSf whether you think a team mate is going to play offside or not. Evra cant influence that. But being too lazy to track his own man back he can influence and he fails to do it.
That's not how you play offside fyi.

And it was definitely an error from Pat, but it was a poor line from the French No. 4, poor defending all round.

Ekeke

It wouldnt matter if Evra made a brilliant run through and would have been one on one with the right pass, but a team mate gave it away and thats why Evra isnt able to get back.

As a left back its safety first. Things can happen, the ball can be lost so you shouldnt be so far ahead that you're never going to get back in time.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I watched the whole game and he was indeed poor. The 2nd goal was football in it's simplest form. I actually thought when the full back passed to our winger that it was too predictable and easy to stop but Evra was late to follow and Rurik just left him no problem.

First goal I wouldn't put on Evra. One of the center backs forgot his man and the other underestimated Sigþórsson ability in the air and lost the header.

France dominated the 2nd half but Iceland had two other chances down the right flank. Right winger had all the time and in the world. Perhaps Evra's reasoning was that all that time and space would overwhelm the winger.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
I think he's failing to adapt to his loss of stamina/pace. He's playing like he's still 25.

I'm always right

It wouldnt matter if Evra made a brilliant run through and would have been one on one with the right pass, but a team mate gave it away and thats why Evra isnt able to get back.

As a left back its safety first. Things can happen, the ball can be lost so you shouldnt be so far ahead that you're never going to get back in time.
:houllier:

I'm always right

I watched the whole game and he was indeed poor. The 2nd goal was football in it's simplest form. I actually thought when the full back passed to our winger that it was too predictable and easy to stop but Evra was late to follow and Rurik just left him no problem.

First goal I wouldn't put on Evra. One of the center backs forgot his man and the other underestimated Sigþórsson ability in the air and lost the header.

France dominated the 2nd half but Iceland had two other chances down the right flank. Right winger had all the time and in the world. Perhaps Evra's reasoning was that all that time and space would overwhelm the winger.
Shame to hear.

DevilRed

Have to say, celebrating in the Stretford End at the Liverpool match with Evra was probably one of the highlights of my season. Barely anybody had left and Paddy was just leading the orchestra, absolute quality.
Was one of the highlights of the season. I know it wasn't in particular good taste with the deliberate arm waving right in front of that rat cnut suarez, but it sure felt good that justice was served on the day.

Sylar

rofl. Big fuss being made that Evra wiped his butt with a france t-shirt.

Vid only shows him pull it out from where hes sitting and then smelling it whilst Ribery looks at him :s

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Pat can't win. He really can't. Its obvious he didn't realise he was sat on the shirt and then had it pointed out to him and sniffed it as a joke. They make out like he was stood there wiping it up and down his crack! Every time he goes away with France there's a witch hunt. He should retire from international football. It'll be better for his peace of mind.

Sally Cinnamon

What a bunch of precious, humourless dickheads. Who here would care if this happened with a United shirt at Old Trafford? Olly would be gif'n the feck out of it.

Minkaro

If Evra patted a dog on the head in France, he'd be accused of animal cruelty.

Liam147

On Probation
I'm really feeling sorry for him. What's he done wrong? You can say the strike thing at the World Cup is out of order, but why should that upset Liverpool fans? This whole 'unreliable witness' bollocks is starting to really get on my nerves. It angers me that they all refuse to know the truth. I guess ignorance really is bliss.

At least we'll always have this:

Status
Not open for further replies.