Patrice Evra | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

binary bot
His cock is so big he has to water it. feck Baines

beergod

I think he will want to sign Baines because I don't think Paddy can put in that sort of effort constantly throughout the season at his age. That being said, he was immense today.

Brightonian

Good signs today that he'll carry the excellent form from the last season forward. Hopefully with Fabio and Buttner here we won't have to overplay him too much.

Godfather

Was our best player today I thought, very good going forward and looked like he gave his all compared to other players out there.

Cantona'sCollar

Was easily our best player today, although it's the first real game of the season (against Wigan, too), it's fair to say that he may just prove himself again this year. Say what you want about it being against a weak side in a glorified friendly, but his terrible performances in 11/12 were mainly against the sides where you would think he wouldn't have had so much trouble with - he has always been a big game player. Hope he stays and remains vice-captain for a long, long time.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Attacking fullback is physically the most demanding position in the team. It's hard to go up and down the field for 90 min. 50 games a season, playing in this league at his age.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Attacking fullback is physically the most demanding position in the team. It's hard to go up and down the field for 90 min. 50 games a season, playing in this league at his age.

Irwin done it till he was 34. He was brilliant in season 98-99-aged 33. 45 starts and 3 subs apps in all competitions-aged. The next season he made 42 apps-34 years of age. The next couple of seasons he made 29 and 19 apps at age 35 and 36.

We can easily get 35-40 games out of Evra. We just need to rotate him a bit more.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Evra was great yesterday... was constantly one of our best attacking threats - hopefully he carries that forward into the new season now.

Still good enough to be our first choice in my opinion... Baines would be a pointless upgrade.

Cina

Yeah but the problem is that Buttner is a bit too shit to even be second choice. it terrifies me when I see him on the pitch.

SirFergie

Play the age card to Cafu and Roberto Carlos; they were doing it when they were 38

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Irwin done it till he was 34. He was brilliant in season 98-99-aged 33. 45 starts and 3 subs apps in all competitions-aged. The next season he made 42 apps-34 years of age. The next couple of seasons he made 29 and 19 apps at age 35 and 36.

We can easily get 35-40 games out of Evra. We just need to rotate him a bit more.
There's always one, but many more in premier league couldn't cope with the pace.

SirFergie

They are physical beast. Just look at their body. And also they didn't play in premier league.
Are you saying Evra isn't a physical beast?! So what? They were doing it in Italy, Spain and for Brazil until they were mid-30's. Evra is 32 now, no reason why he can't keep doing what he's doing for another 2 seasons at least, injuries permitting.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
They are physical beast. Just look at their body. And also they didn't play in premier league.
So is Evra. He's an absolute freak the amount of football he plays year in year out.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Evra was superb yesterday. Fabio is also coming back to provide cover. Baines is a top player, but we dont really need him
This.

Also if Evra is supposedly suspect defensively then Baines is worse. For all the hype around Baines he gets helped out a lot by the Everton midfield. Yes, going forward he is excellent but his positioning is not at the level of say Ashley Cole's. Buying Baines makes no sense to me.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
32 is not old at all in this day and age. Has Evra ever had any serious joint (knee/ankle) or back injuries? Those seem to be the ones that can take years off of a players career.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Has Evra had any kind of injury?

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
The only 'injury' I can think of is when Buttner started against Wigan, Evra was supposed to be out with an injury I think. Other than that the last time he missed a run of games was when the FA fecked him over with that ban

Hellboy

Has Fabio played LB during pre-season ? Buttner looked awful, and not good enough at all for United. Left back should be the priority after midfield.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Has Fabio played LB during pre-season ? Buttner looked awful, and not good enough at all for United. Left back should be the priority after midfield.

Hence why Baines would be a great buy. Can't understand why people think he wouldn't.

Hellboy

The problem with Baines is that he's pretty old and would command high wages plus a £16m plus fee. I think we should look at a youngish prospect, but I'd struggle to name one.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Hence why Baines would be a great buy. Can't understand why people think he wouldn't.

In an ideal world, having both Baines and Evra in a squad would be very good, but who would you slot in as first pick between Evra and Baines though, or would it be a heavy rotation gig? Both players are currently in a position where they play every game they are fit enough to play. I don't think either Evra or Baines would be happy about that situation changing.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
We'd be paying a fair whack of money for a left back who's roughly at the same level as our current one and within 18 months he'd already be in his 30s. Not exactly an ideal buy. Certainly not the type of fullback we're usually looking at.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Fabio played at both LB and RB in pre-season. Him and Evra is enough for me with Buttner as 3rd choice

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
If Evra picked up any sort of longish term injury we'd be fecked.

Let Baines and Evra compete with each other.
I'd be more inclined to give Fabio a go than bring Baines in. Not saying Baines is a bad player but I doubt either him or Evra will be too pleased at being rotated.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
If Evra picked up any sort of longish term injury we'd be fecked.

Let Baines and Evra compete with each other.
But he hasn't for the last 5 or 6 years, so theres no reason to start worrying about that now.

Evra should easily have 40 odd games in him this season, Fabio can start the rest. Baines isn't a significant enough upgrade to a) warrant spending a load of money on and b) warrant taking our vice-captain out of the team.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Evra is no spring chicken and getting into the twilight of his career. I know Baines isn't a whole pile younger, but young enough to warrant the spend IMO.

Shimo

Defense is one place pretty much no-one rotates. Having either Evra or Baines on the bench as a back up in case one gets injured I just don't see happening. Having Fabio/Buttner as backup for Evra is fine. We wouldn't necessarily be screwed if either one of those guys had to play there for a run of games.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Age is nowt but a number. Evra is invincible. Freakishly fit. Giggs-like. I think he's got another 3 years at the top in him. Maybe more.

Baines can balls, with his dickhead haircuts and his stupid name. Long live King Pat.

Status
Not open for further replies.