Patrice Evra | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I'm a bit annoyed we didn't keep him really. Still think he has a lot to offer, he was just a bit shit in recent years because we completely overplayed him. You'd think this would've been an ideal situation, bring a young replacement in and keep Evra around for another year or two to interchange with him.
Completely agree, but it seems it was Evra who was pushing for the move, so not much we could have done really. Can't blame him for not being prepared to take on the understudy role with Shaw, mind. After the reliance we've had on him for the past few years, that would have been a nasty shock to his system.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I am somewhat sceptical that he was nailed on to be Van Gaal's captain. The cynic in me says that with Shaw's signing, and expecting a diminished role in the squad because of that, he'd much rather have first team football, and possibly a longer contract for more money at another big club. I don't begrudge him that actually.

Black and white stripes doesn't suit him. :(

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Interesting that Van Gaal wanted to make him captain. You don't make someone who is second choice in his position captain. Makes you wonder how much input Van Gaal into the Shaw signing, considering it's so widely reported that he was swayed by promises of being our first choice LB.

I reckon Evra would be superb at wingback too. The extra CB to cover for him would make him an even more potent attacking thread. Such a shame he upped and left. Feeling slightly annoyed he couldn't be convinced to stay but ho hum.
Evra played as a wingback regardless. :lol:

:drool:

:(

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That's actually a nice shirt. Those stripes makes him look taller.

Status
Not open for further replies.