Patrice Evra reveals he was sexually abused as a teenager by his former teacher.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Amazing that he manages to remain so happy and full of love for life when you're treated like that as a kid.

He must be a very strong person to over come that and all the other difficulties.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Damn, that's terrible. I'm glad he was able to live such a vibrant and bubbly life following from that. Shows his mental fortitude, I suppose.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Terrible this happened to him. Great the he fights to ensure it doesn’t happen to others. He comes across as a really good dude. Wish him the best.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Child abusers are scum. I'm glad to that it didn't get the best of Patrice. Lots of people go through it and it leads them to a very dark place, sometimes a place they never get out of. Hope people who read what he has to say feel it helps, especially if they're struggling mentally.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Im not a big proponent of capital punishment but child abusers should not be allowed to breathe

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Mega strong guy is Evra.

Both for making a success of himself in one of the single hardest areas in life to succeed, and also for sharing this and giving strength to others.

Quality guy and proper role model.

Also, can the whole article be read without giving money to the Times?

Last edited:

BigRon1985

Big respect to Evra! Hope his bravery inspires others to come forward and for their abusers be prosecuted......

Ixion

Anyone that abuses a position of power or authority is a piece of shit. I'm glad Evra was able to stay on track and be as successful as he was.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Much love Pat!

And feck off to The Times' paywall of course while I'm here.

RUCK4444

Feck sake. :( :(

Fecking love Pat. One of my favourite players. Brave of him to talk about it.

So much scum in this world.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Heart goes out to him. Amazing that he overcame this as the type of mental/emotional damage this must've taken out if him is immense.

FatTails

Horrible. This stuff used to enrage me before I had kids and now it is a whole new level of anger. How can you take advantage of kids. Scum.

Evra is an absolute legend for many reasons and this says a lot about his character.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
People say the funniest people tend to be depressed - hope he's in control of his demons.

Get In Scholesy

Sexual abuse is a lot more common than we think it is, and people discussing their abuse it is a lot less common than it should be.

I feel for him and I am sorry he had to go through this.

He truly is a sentiment to strength and I am glad to see him using his strength to help other's who may have faced similar situations.

Much love to this man. My respect for him has increased more than ever. Top individual.

Mike Smalling

Respect for speaking out. This is another sad reminder that sexual abuse can happen to anyone, and you never know what someone has gone through in the past. Reminds me a lot of when Terry Crews revealed he was abused as well - both are extremely cheerful, so they are probably the last people you would expect to have been through something like this.

Red_Aaron

So terribly sad to hear such things, such unimaginable cruelty exists in this world.

Not surprised to see him so open an honest despite the pain that accompanies this. It's a real measure of character.

He's an extraordinary man is our Pat
So much love and admiration for him

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Years later, when I was playing for Monaco, the police called me. Some kids had complained about this man and the police wanted to know if he’d ever tried to do something to me. Because I was famous and worried about the reaction, I lied and said no. They asked me if I was sure and I assured them I was. I have lived with that lie for many years. I can’t tell you how much I regret that.
What a horrible situation to be in :(

Cloud7

Ah damn this is so sad. It’s good that he is now (on the surface at least) able to be such a happy guy all the time. I hope that he’s been able to manage these demons as good as possible.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Heart-wrenching to hear. Proud of him for speaking up.

dal

Poor guy, sick bastard (assuming it’s a man). Really mental strong.